Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • PSA: Dave Clarke essential mix
  • aphex_2k
    Free Member

Omfg.

That is all.

isto
    Free Member

As good as World Service? Will check it out.

slowoldman

Dave Clarke Five? Ooh I liked them. “I’m in pieces, bits and pieces”.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    superfli
    Free Member

No! of Red 1/2/3 fame! Is this available to download?

yunki
    Free Member

I remember the first time that I heard red2 pre-release..
    I was straight to the record shop the next morning, only to be told I didn’t stand a hope in hell of getting hold of a copy any time soon..

I think I pretty much quit my DJ dream that day, as I knew that I wouldn’t be satisfied without that tune in my set

corroded
    Free Member

The best night out in my clubbing days was a Dave Clarke set at Club UK. Incredible. I wonder if techno clubs today are filled with 40-somethings recapturing their youth?

cubby
    Free Member

Yes they are.

monkeychild
    Free Member

The stuff I’ve seen of club nights and festivals the dance floor is full of folk filming it on their mobile 🙁 I’m 38 and proper miss my techno clubbing.

john_l
    Free Member

I remember Sabresonic under the arches – Dave Clarke played Red2 but there was hardly anyone there. Was able to have a nice long chat about it. Course I can’t remember anything else 🙂

jameso

I have his original 97 essential mix on mp3 and a good quality cd if anyone wants it uploading somewhere. Total mastery. Straight in with 2 copies of Energy Flash offset by 4 beats, cutting back and forth and phasing them as they go in and out of time. The baron of techno..

aphex_2k
    Free Member

Techno nights were always the best. Saw him many times at atomic jam. Right up close as my mate did the vj so was able to go on stage and watch him mix. Legend.

mboy
    Free Member

My most memorable DJ moment ever… Dropping his remix of Leftifield’s Phat Planet onto an unsuspecting audience of about 800 strong, and they all literally hit the roof! Girls were getting on guys shoulders to try and climb into the DJ booth to hug me… It was bonkers! Mind you that bass rumble through a high quality 10KW system was literally subsonic!

His remix of Fischerspooner’s Emerge is still one of my all time favourites, literally timeless. Big fan of his Red releases too, and some of the stuff he released on SKINT such as The Compass. Wasn’t so much into his more minimal/electro stuff, but he was definitely the God of techno!

Jameso, you know it makes sense!!!

kingkongsfinger
    Free Member

Link?

monkeychild
    Free Member

But does he ever smile???

kingkongsfinger
    Free Member

cheers

oli31
    Free Member

Listening to this now ace : )

Anyone with an mp3 link / copy would be rewarded with some techno karma (email in profile if discretion an issue ; )

aphex_2k
    Free Member

It’ll be on soundcloud or mix cloud. There used to be a site that hosted all the essential mixes but no doubt a search for the right name with TORRENT after it will bring something up.

jameso

https://www.mixriot.com/content/dave-clarke-essential-mix-06-11-1994

OK so it wasn’t 97, it was 94. And Energy Flash wasn’t the first track – here’s the full mix from the beginning.

‘For those that know the difference’

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘PSA: Dave Clarke essential mix’ is closed to new replies.