Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • PSA: DAB in your car/Personal player
  • Stoner
    Free Member

If like me you miss Radio 6Music when out in the motor, can I recommend this little Bush Personal DAB radio made excelusively for Argos.

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/9153219.htm

It’s a very small little unit, about 4″ x 1.5″ x 1″
    Micro USB clicks in one end, phono the other. WIll also do FM if you want but not nearly as good reception as the DAB.

I wanted something to work with a small 12v amp and speaker in the landrover. The FM module in the amp is OK but signal was ropey. I bought this from the Argos eBay store as a bit of a stab in the dark, but blow me it works brilliantly. I was worried that the signal reception from the phono cable inside the car would be rubbish, it’s surprisingly good. I cant vouch every car will work as well, but if you have an auxiliary/phono input on your head unit and you want to add DAB cheaply, this works as well if not better than those small Pure units. Charges from USB but will run for 5 hours unplugged. Also handy for catching 5Live Sports Extra TdF reports when out and about.

bristolbiker
    Free Member

<bookmarked> Usually use my DAB/MP3 player int he car, but this is cheap enough to leave in there….. ta.

lemonysam
    Free Member

That looks ace. I seem to have lost my old pocket DAB.

Junkyard
    Free Member

OHH Nice PSA thanks

bamboo
    Free Member

Could be good for the football on a Saturday too…

crewlie

Thanks, just what I’ve been looking for

theotherjonv

Reading the link

‘with 10 different stations to choose from’

and

’20 preset stations’

what does that mean? Can you free-select your DAB frequency, or are they set for you?

Stoner
    Free Member

according to the book in front of me:

there’s a full scan function, but also a manual tune where you can go through the multiplexes yourself.

you can save 10 presets or scroll through the full scan list.

You can also “prune” scanned stations from the full scan list if they are really weak.

You can store 10 preset FM stations.

It has 4 equaliser settings

you can adjust the backlight timer

sharkbait
    Free Member

Bush

Will get one next week 🙂

theotherjonv

Bush

It’s quite a cute, compact Bush though.

Stoner
    Free Member

right, quick update.

Ive just been playing with mine (having now read the instructions properly, ahem).

The preset storage and recall process is v clunky. I wont be using it. It takes a 3second press, followed by a further 4 or 5 presses just to get to the preset station store list. SO thats a bit pants.

Pruning doesnt allow you to remove individual stations, it lets the device prune all unresponsive stations.

So, station selection is not v slick. But its easy enough to scroll the station list and select the one you want. That happens straight from the home screen.

sorry for any confusion.

sharkbait
    Free Member

deepreddave
    Free Member

Interesting thanks. I’m after something to link to my in car usb/ipod connection that will play dab through the itouch unit in the car. Any other recommendations anyone?

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘PSA: DAB in your car/Personal player’ is closed to new replies.