Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • PSA: cut price carbon gravel
  • supernova

Sorely tempted by this:

https://www.triuk.com/Triathlon-Bikes/ORRO/Terra-C-ADVENTURE-GRX600-Pearlescent-Steel/349374

Can’t believe they actually have them in stock at this price when they’re still £2099 everywhere else.

scotroutes

I saw that a few days ago. If they’d had a Medium, it would be on its way to me now.

cinnamon_girl

Orro?

roverpig

Not sure how a grey bike can “stand out from the crowd” but that is a cracking deal.

I must admit I’m feeling pretty good about my decision to buy a gravel bike at the end of last year. As I limit myself to shorter loops from the house it’s great to be able to include some farm and forest tracks to add some variety.

frogstomp

I saw that a few days ago. If they’d had a Medium, it would be on its way to me now.

Looks like there’s one Medium in the black / white Ultegra spec at £1500.

dirtyrider
    Free Member

owned by Mike Ashley if you want to avoid giving his businesses money

cinnamon_girl

Thanks dirtyrider, wasn’t familiar with the name at all.

mrb123
    Free Member

I’ve ordered a 105 model. Saw one in the flesh at my LBS and was impressed.

Intended use will be as a winter road bike but the GRX looks amazing as a gravel bike.

Gearing on the Ultegra is a bit silly but still a fantastic deal.

winston
    Free Member

Tri UK is owned by Mike Ashley, not Orro.

Orro is a privately owned company based in Sussex which designs very nice bikes, has the frames made abroad and then assembles them in the UK.

dirtyrider
    Free Member

Clearly i meant tri uk

winston
    Free Member

I knew you did but I’m not sure Cinnamon girl did!

funkrodent

Orro is the in house brand of I-ride who distribute De Rosa, Fulcrum, Catlike and Northwave amongst others.

I had the Terra Gravel with alu frame for a while. Really liked it. However downtube folded in on itself after relatively low speed crash into kerb. Written off. Not sure I can blame the bike per se – I’m a big, heavy guy – but I’ve crashed a lot of bikes and never had that happen before. They offered a cut price replacement frame, but I was able to claim on the insurance.

All told though a good, lightweight, fast bike with a great spec for the money. However, as an in house brand I suspect that the frame may be where they’re saving the dosh ti be able to spec it at that price. Also, avoid mechanical discs like the plague. I’d rather have half decent rim brakes

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘PSA: cut price carbon gravel’ is closed to new replies.