Viewing 26 posts - 41 through 66 (of 66 total)
  • PSA: CRC Lapierre sale
  • hora
    Free Member

Yes because they’d only offer it to tiny dustfilled shops….than surprise an online huge portal

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

Maybe they did?
    Maybe their dealers didn’t want them
    Maybe they thought there dealers would be better selling the latest models?
    Maybe they thought that CRC had more chance of shifting them.
    What’s the point in a small shop carrying more old stock at reduced prices in addition to any old stock they hadn’t manage to shift anyway?

The whole Hotlines thing was not to sell Lapierre through CRC to protect the dealers…

I’d be pretty p*ssed if I dealt with them, as that was a heavily laboured selling point.

As for the DH bikes, well at least you can be guaranteed a new one every few months when the backend cracks or comes unbonded 🙂

vinnyeh

The whole Hotlines thing was not to sell Lapierre through CRC to protect the dealers…

Everyone’s assuming it’s Hotlines’ unsold stock- could be grey imports from anywhere in the world, especially if Hotlines aren’t supposed to supply them. I’m not sure that the ownership setup could stop this.

hora
    Free Member

Everyone’s assuming it’s Hotline’s unsold stock- could be grey imports from anywhere in the world, especially if Hotlines aren’t supposed to supply them. I’m not sure that the ownership setup could stop this.

If its hotlines maybe thats why its ‘invitation only sales’….i.e the reason why they used this method to get round the dealer agreements??

druidh
    Free Member

By jove – I think he’s got it!

vinnyeh

By jove – I think he’s got it!

Hopefully no Lapierre dealers got invites then – sounds like there’s a few would count crc as one of their regular suppliers.

On further reflection, crc are probably knocking them out for less than the dealers could have bought them form hotlines at, even at end of line prices

somafunk

On further reflection, crc are probably knocking them out for less than the dealers could have bought them form hotlines at, even at end of line prices

very nearly…to within a few £ here or there

hora
    Free Member

Who are lapierres biggest dealers?….email them the link 😉

ScottChegg
    Free Member

” Due to a technical fault…the sale is suspended”

Has someone inconvenient caught on?

wwaswas

Has someone inconvenient caught on?

Maybe Lapierre had complaints?

ScottChegg
    Free Member

Well it’s back up and running. No conspiracies there, move along

therag
    Free Member

Our local Lapierre dealer sent our club a similar list of bikes about a week ago. If you go direct to your lbs you will probably get a similar deal. There was a bargain 714 on there too.
    My lbs is the Bicycle doctor porth. They will get a good price with brilliant service.

pictonroad

I emailed asking for an invite as I’m after a tarmac biased bike, no dice. 😥

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

I emailed asking for an invite as I’m after a tarmac biased bike, no dice

I’m deliberately procrastinating in the hope someone will buy the bikes I’ve got my eye on (but really dont need) before I give in. Theyve already sold the one I really wanted.

Trouble is at those reductions its easy to rationalise- “I could sell it used and not lose anything” normally swings it for me…

Jamie
    Free Member

santacruzsi
    Free Member

I just got an email saying it’s been extended until 21/01!

ScottChegg
    Free Member

I wasn’t invited, but my account detail worked fine.

No medium Spicys left, though.

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

OOOOOOPPPPPPSSSSSSSSSSS…….. 😯

nasher
    Free Member

If you call Hotlines direct they will sell you ex demo stuff…I got a brand new (ok ridden for a day to do a mag test) xselius 200 (carbon/ultegra) for 50% off and that was for the public!!

therag
    Free Member

Link to my lbs lapierre dealer with similar deals
    There was a 714 for £2280, don’t know if its gone yet.
    http://www.thebicycledoctor.com/

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

If you call Hotlines direct

you mean CRC’s other phone, as they are Hotlines? 🙂

Pic is of a Xelius 200, 45% off, which hopefully is on its way to me (theyve got an ex-demo at 50% off on the site).

So reassure me, you love the Xelius, right?!

godzilla
    Free Member

Anyone got a spare CRC voucher please?

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

if they give me one with my humungous order I’ll stick it up, I really can’t afford to buy anything else from em right now 😯

nasher
    Free Member

So reassure me, you love the Xelius, right?!

yeah, have changed the stem, post and saddle (which i had lying around)… lovely lovely machine

new wheels next on the cards, the aksiums look great but under heavy load you really feel the flex.

EDIT.. is that the 2011/2010 model? mine was a 2012..

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

“mine” is 2011, they have 2012’s at lesser discount, or a 2012 ex-demo. Preferred the colours on the 2011 😳 😀 I already have 6700 Ultegra wheels on my current bike (alloy frame, 105 kit), so a straight wheel swap will leave me with nicely matching kit on the xelius (yes Ive been rationalising it for a while!).

nasher
    Free Member

been thinking of some some ultegra RS80’s on mine!!!!

enjoy it!!

Viewing 26 posts - 41 through 66 (of 66 total)

The topic ‘PSA: CRC Lapierre sale’ is closed to new replies.