Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • PSA. Crc bike bags
  • easygirl

Bike bag and two wheel bags £47
    I got a puncture kit to take it over £50
    Used a voucher and total was £40.99
    Bargain or what?

mr_mills
    Free Member

Not very good bags though!

andyl
    Free Member

I was tempted too. What’s wrong with them?

easygirl

I’ll soon find out!
    Thought they were Neil pryde bags rebadged?

vinnyeh

you need to budget for a roll of duct tape to repair the inevitable holes and rips which appear immediately in the corners. The plastic base in mine also snapped in half in the first few flights.

They are cheap, and do the job, but can be a bit of a pain if you need to roll them around. Wouldn’t take, for instance, a road bike in one, and wouldn’t go into a purchase expecting that it’ll last forever.

youngrob

I’ve just used the CRC bag to take my bike to Vancouver. I thought it was brilliant. I got mine for £59 and I still thought it was a bargain compared to the others available, so for £47 its even better!. You get 2 wheel bags too, so I used these to protect my frame on either side. It’s taken my bike to Vancouver and back with no damage so it’s done its job for me.

easygirl

Have a £100 bag which has rips and tears and full of duct tape, think that’s the baggage handlers fault rather than the bag
    For £40 don’t think you can complain

mr_mills
    Free Member

If you try and pull it along on its wheels it will fall over constantly. I always carry mine over my shoulder instead, but I’m big and ‘ard. You might have to drag it!

fuzzhead
    Free Member

mines been fine to Oz and back whilst stuffed to the gills. No complaints and no duct tape 😉

soulrider
    Free Member

My girlf has one – its a little on the small size – fine for her 16″ Five
    but no use for my 18″ Five.. as it much longer!

hughjayteens
    Free Member

Few guys on my trip this year had them and both tore on their first outing and wobbled a lot, although so did all the other bags apart from the really expensive Evoc one someone had with very wide rear wheels.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘PSA. Crc bike bags’ is closed to new replies.