Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • PSA: CRC and collect plus
  • nsdog
    Free Member

I discovered that CRC do a free returns service via collect plus. I thought this was a great idea as I could return even the smallest item if I changed my mind and not have to pay postage. The only downside is that it takes ruddy ages, (9 working days from dropping at newsagents to arriving at CRC towers) but then if its free..

ChrisE
    Free Member

so how does that work then?

C

toys19
    Free Member

Just done this, 8 working days. Sent last weds, arrived yesterday. Rubbish..

aracer
    Free Member

Interesting. Wiggle did a free returns service with Collect+ for a little while (something I made use of), but have now introduced a charge for it. I wonder whether CRC will go the same way after trialling it?

Only took a few days to get back to Wiggle – is there some extra delay to go to NI? In any case, why’s it such a big deal how long it takes?

toys19
    Free Member

In any case, why’s it such a big deal how long it takes?

If you want an exchange.. I sent mine back wednesday the week before last. As far as I know my exchange hasn’t been processed yet. If I see it before xmas it’ll be a miracle.

tracking below. Lots of seemingly pointless delays.

Returned to Chain Reaction Cycles
    at 14:43, Thu, 15 Dec 2011
    Being returned to Chain Reaction Cycles 12:40, Thu, 15 Dec 2011
    Received into Carrickfergus Depot 12:35, Wed, 14 Dec 2011
    Processed at Central Depot 08:34, Mon, 12 Dec 2011
    Despatched from Newton_Abbot Depot 18:04, Fri, 09 Dec 2011
    Received into Newton_Abbot Depot 18:02, Fri, 09 Dec 2011
    Parcel collected by courier 15:50, Fri, 09 Dec 2011
    Delivery booked 15:58, Wed, 07 Dec 2011

aracer
    Free Member

If you want an exchange

If your purchase isn’t everything you expected it to be and you wish to exchange an item the simplest and quickest thing to do is place a brand new order for your new item and return the old one to us for a full refund.

toys19
    Free Member

You are preaching to the choir. There is actually a good reason why I have to wait for them to recieve my goods back before they send my exchange, which renders this quoted method redundant.

STATO
    Free Member

For everyone returning stuff, for a free service you expect it to be 24delivery? do you think its individual parcels being posted off to CRC? likely it will be collected up in a central location until they have enough parcels to do a big bulk (cheaper) shipment back to CRC. If you want to return because the item is faulty and your in a rush, post it back yourself and claim back the costs, if your returning it as you ‘dont like it’ then use their free service. Simples.

toys19
    Free Member

Yeah thanks for the advice, I think I need you to run my life.

STATO
    Free Member

ok, then i think you need to go to bed, then dont forget to get up in the morning, early if you need to go to work, and you better use the toilet at some point, is that enough to get started with? 😆

Seriously tho (or not) its a free service, cant expect miracles, chill 😀

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘PSA: CRC and collect plus’ is closed to new replies.