Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • PSA…Craghoppers Compresslite lll Hooded Jacket. £26.00
  • hodgynd
    Free Member

..comes with it’s own carry-sack!
    Ok ..so it doesn’t carry the same fashion kudos as Northface / Berghaus etc..but I’ve always found there kit to be really good value for money.
    Working outdoors in all kinds of weather their lightweight fleeces have become an integral part of my winter kit ..cosy warm ..
    For twenty six quid ..( sub £30..with delivery)..worth a gamble ?
    I will let you know ..

jam-bo

From?

hodgynd
    Free Member

Craghoppers..go to their website and hit mens insulated jackets section..
    Sorry should have maybe mentioned that ..lol.

martymac

I’ve found their clothing to be pretty good quality, however last year I bought 3 pairs of shorts, all ostensibly 2xl, yet only one fitted.

jimfrandisco
    Free Member

Good shout. Thanks. I’ve had one of these before and it’s been pretty good so will definitely pick up a replacement.

wzzzz
    Free Member

I’ll raise you the Forclaz Trek 100, packs in to its own pocket. 100g lighter and made form 50% recycled materials and low impact dyeing process.

£19.99

https://www.decathlon.co.uk/trek-100-mens-padded-jacket-with-hood-black-id_8492907.html

philjunior
    Free Member

Loving the cheap packable jacket top trumps going on here, keep it coming!

benp1

Warning re the Decathlon jacket though, sizing is strange. I tried them all on and couldn’t get one to fit nicely, even though medium in most outdoorsy brands (Rab, Berghaus and Montane are my main outdoorsy brands but have loads of others) fits well

Real bargain if you do get one that fits, I struggled though

winterhasarrived
    Free Member

How breathable are any of these? I have a similar style jacket without a hood and it’s like boil in the bag… I only wear it for work so it’s not a problem as I just walk from the office to the car in it, but I couldn’t imagine wearing it for something active.

wzzzz
    Free Member

Warning re the Decathlon jacket though, sizing is strange. I tried them all on and couldn’t get one to fit nicely, even though medium in most outdoorsy brands (Rab, Berghaus and Montane are my main outdoorsy brands but have loads of others) fits well

Real bargain if you do get one that fits, I struggled though

I always order a medium and a large from decathlon, there is little consistency, e.g. I’m large in t shirts and fleeces but medium in shirts and shell jackets….I’m a large in the down filled jacket but a medium in the synthetic fill….

Free delivery though that way and returns are free if you click through you can print a free royal mail label though its weirdly not advertised.

hodgynd
    Free Member

No top trumps from me ..the Decathlon jacket sounds good value too..
    I’m just basing my purchase on the price reduction and the fact that I’ve rated their clothing prior to this ..

midlifecrashes

If you need something more full-on, Tesco are flogging off their winter coats, chunky parkas for £30 in ours. Madness to be getting rid of these before we even hit February.

hodgynd
    Free Member

I’m with you there midlife…in my mind winter has barely started..also sounds like a bit of a bargain..I’ve loads of other waterproof/ heavier gear though and the appeal of the Compresslite for me was as a packable mid layer..

BadlyWiredDog

How breathable are any of these? I have a similar style jacket without a hood and it’s like boil in the bag…

Not very. Two layers of windproof – or near windproof – fabric and an air gap filled synthetic fibres.

mrwhyte
    Free Member

Cheers OP. Just got myself and OH one. Mine will be packed in the bike packing bags for cooler evenings. Looks like a bargain.

Loving their winter lined kiwi trousers, managed to bag them for about £20.

ElShalimo

@hodgynd – What’s the sizing like on the Craghoppers jackets?

I’ve got a XL t-shirt and it’s a bit tight on the shoulders but my XL shirt is far too big.  Weird

hodgynd
    Free Member

Still waiting for it to arrive ..Ive read the reviews( after ordering ) ..and someone said that it comes up a bit on the small side..I’m hoping not as I’ve ordered a “Large” based on the fleece size I have of theirs..
    I’m 6’0ft..34″ waist ..slight belly when relaxed😉..
    I will let you know once its here..

hodgynd
    Free Member

Well its arrived..and the good news is that the sizing is spot on ..
    Ran it past our “Mr Label” style icon ( 16 year old son) ..who gave it his seal of approval ..
    I’m pleased with it ..

Cletus

8% cashback via Quidco when buying on-line from Craghoppers

patagonian
    Free Member

Mine arrived today and yes the medium is a medium.

ElShalimo

@hodgynd – thanks

Alex

Black one arrived. I went with suggested sizing and M was spot on (77kg, 180cm). Nice and long at the back as well. Given it a test on a frosty dog walk and it’s not quite as warm as my Kilpi (and way less than my Alpkit Filo/Duvet). Lighter than both and not too bulky when packed.

Going to be my post ride ‘pub’ jacket and chuck in my work rucksack for travelling. Been looking for something between a waterproof and a full on jacket for a while.

Bought the womens cut version for my daughter after she tried to snaffle mine. Thankfully it was too big for her!

mrwhyte
    Free Member

Mine arrived and OH got one too. Perfect for dog walking, especially this morning. Popped mine in the van for a post ride jacket etc. Cheers OP for the psa.

submarined
    Free Member

Cheers for the PSA 🙂
    10% off this weekend, and the blue ones being £19.99 in S has tipped me over the edge. Just over 20 quid delivered for a post ride warm up. At 5’10 and just over 62kgs hope it fits.
    Thanks again 🙂

Bustaspoke
    Free Member

Thanks for the PSA,I just ordered one,£23.45 inc postage.

shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

Submarined – I’m 6ft, 74kg, and the medium is just ok. Small might have been better for me waist and chest wise, but the arms would be too short.

neilnevill
    Free Member

Cheers! I just ordered a venta, a much warmer light weight jacket, just under £30 before postage with the chextra10 code. Ordered one for the wife too.

neilnevill
    Free Member

Well my coats haven’t arrived but my brother’s has and he’s not impressed, rubbish zip that jammed first try and skinny arms. It’s going straight back I think, not even worth £30. Oh well, it is free returns I think.

hodgynd
    Free Member

Cant please all of the people all of the time ..

Cletus

Mine came today and first impressions are good. ok is is not a Northface Thermoball but for post ride wear and taking bikepacking it seems like it will do just fine. Thanks OP 🙂

Cletus

So have worn my jacket for a couple of days and am quite impressed with it. One issue is that I have not managed to get it into the stuff sack as I cannot squash it tightly enough – maybe the fact it is an XL does not help.
    Anyone managed to get theirs in the sack?

hodgynd
    Free Member

Myself and the missus are both on a day off today ..so hoping that might happen later …
    Oh ..you meant the coat! ☺
    Yeah ..my large went in with a bit of effort

shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

Ordered the venta lite too as I was impressed with the compresslite one. The fit isn’t as good though – arm length is fine but I need a beer gut for it to fit at the waist. Will return.

DrJ

Yeah ..my large went in with a bit of effort

Boasting isn’t nice 🙁

(Got a Craghoppers fleece that I really like except it’s too small. Usually L is fine but this one is designed for people with very short arms)

neilnevill
    Free Member

Yes my ventas arrived last night, going back. Not very thick and warm at all, poor zips and bad fit, medium more a large on the waist.

Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)

The topic ‘PSA…Craghoppers Compresslite lll Hooded Jacket. £26.00’ is closed to new replies.