Viewing 37 posts - 41 through 77 (of 77 total)
  • PSA Countryfile tonight Extreme mountainbiking…..
  • palookah
    Free Member

Sure I saw someone fall off a bike and subsequently a cliff – are the One Show now looking for a new presenter?

fourcrossjohn
    Free Member

just about to begin? its the weather….

wallop

How come it’s acceptable for the weather forecasters to be dressed casually for the countyfile weather? He had a suit on 50 minutes ago.

PeaslakeDave
    Free Member

better fit my mudguards…
    …oh wait

redthunder
    Free Member

That New Holland was cool. Mmmmm self steering 🙂

palookah
    Free Member

Oh good a wet commute all week, and for the race sportive on the weekend 😐

grahamh
    Free Member

Holly Crap!!!!!!
    That was some fall.

djglover
    Free Member

Good article.

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

Wet racing strava times commute for me too.

JEngledow
    Free Member

That wasn’t worth sitting through the whole of blue peter Countryfile for.

PeaslakeDave
    Free Member

that’s it?

palookah
    Free Member

Well that was ‘extremely’ tenuous, Mat’s bike time must have totalled 2 minutes on screen. Nasty leg injury though.

stumpyjon

Hmm, beaten to it, not as good as I was hoping for. Once again showing mountain biking as being elitist and dangerous. Bit of a missed opportunity for the area, particularly given the amount of time whinging on about wind turbines.

djglover
    Free Member

Luckily I switch it on right near the end thinking I’d have missed it.

JEngledow
    Free Member

There was nothing that wasn’t covered in this thread about 10 months ago!

lipseal
    Free Member

Did I missing anything?

Northwind

Aye- and since that thread was broadcast on the BBC it’s hard to see why they’d bother eh .

Drac

You missed how to ride up a rock step.

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

The fall made me feel sick (having broken my tibia in a crash), the pilot is my uncle (who also collected Richard Hammond, which is why he went on to make the show to raise profile of air ambulance charity).

flippinheckler
    Free Member

Bad fall that it was funny though when his mate shouted down you ok, cool calm reply Ambulance 😀 gave me a chuckle.

mt
    Free Member

It may have been brief but I found ir very encourageing, knew he had taken a tumble but did not know it was that serious. fell of my bike and broke my femur about 4 weeks ago, seeing him back on his bike has given me a bit of a lift. Those xrays were very close to mine, long pins with bolts holding them inside the bone. It will be a long time before I’m one leg spinning on the turbo but I have it all set up and ready to go. A slight nod from the doc in the bikes direction and I’ll be pedalling away for as long as possible. Hope you all had a good ride today, wish I had been with you.

Innes
    Free Member

Hope you can make as good progress as Chris Akrigg mt. It must be hard to wait for your body to heal.

I thought it was quite a good feature.

mt
    Free Member

thanks for the good wishes. told the ambulance person on the phone that there was no way I was getting put on a helicopter without my lovely bike being looked after. Learned a lot of leasons on the day about bikes rides off road on my own.
    I was really lucky.

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

I thought it wasn’t bad. These MTBing features on regular tv are usually much much worse with over-use of the word Extreme and Awesome, like on the Gadget Show for instance.

Innes
    Free Member

I wasn’t sure how extreme it was going to be, but when Chris Akrigg turned up I though Fair enough, he is normally does do extreme mountain biking.

markwalker
    Free Member

is it balm cakes up there 😆

Bunnyhop

My word that accident was horrendous, I too felt sick and as mantioned above how cool and calm was Chris?

Made up – watched 2 good looking chaps ride mtbs and my favourite sheep of all time, the Herdwick with lamb, going to sleep well tonight.

amodicumofgnar

I know the feeling, I’m exiled in North Yorkshire, not bad though, only 35/40 mins from the Dales or Moors.

Try being exiled at the top end of the Midlands with people who make a great deal about there northerness because they are denying their true nature.

Singlespeed_Shep
    Free Member

I know the feeling, I’m exiled in North Yorkshire, not bad though, only 35/40 mins from the Dales or Moors.

Nowt wrong with North Yorkshire. which part??

AnyExcuseToRide
    Free Member

here guys there is a recent video of him back on his bike…pretty cool to see after the accident

http://vimeo.com/35502958

Innes
    Free Member

Good to see.

ir_bandito
    Free Member

I take it someone has taken pity on Matt Baker after his last mtb feature on CF and bought him a decent bike?

mt
    Free Member

anyone know who Chris uses as a physio?

Jamie
    Free Member

Best bet is to ask him on Twitter: @chrisakrigg

Northwind

That new clip is fantastic… Found myself welling up a wee bit on the teocali bit

AnyExcuseToRide
    Free Member

who was asking about the physio, he is on this new video which was on pinkbike today!

http://vimeo.com/40308950

onceinalifetime
    Free Member

Had to skip all the way to the end for a shoddy couple of minutes wasted from my life and that’s saying something.

Viewing 37 posts - 41 through 77 (of 77 total)

The topic ‘PSA Countryfile tonight Extreme mountainbiking…..’ is closed to new replies.