Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • PSA – Civ VI FREE
  • willard

Cap, you do realise that Civ is basically like crack for geeks? This could set back research for years,

gobuchul
    Free Member

meh. They are all disappointing after Civ II.

Civ II just seemed to hit the sweet spot between complexity and play-ability.

vinnyeh

Not a post I expected to see from you cfh – last couple of weeks GTA5 has been free on Epic- didn’t see you pushing that!

ogden
    Free Member

I’ll add that to the other 9 free games I’ve got in the past few months that I’ll never install or play haha! Cheers OP

coppice
    Free Member

I was tempted by GTA V but then I read the trustpilot reviews and decided it wasn’t worth it

doris5000

Coo, the last time I played CIV, it looked like this –

chestrockwell

Cheers OP, love a bit of Civ although have’t played for a while. I dug out my old Steam passwords the other week so I could download V again. IV was the best in my opinion, wasted weeks on that one!

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Not played it since Civ III, and still play it! Crack for geeks is a very good description,

I concur your Excellency.

gobuchul
    Free Member

I concur your Excellency.

Okay, lets exchange knowledge.

mogrim

What do I need to play this? I’m clearly not a gamer, but I did love a bit of Civ back in the day – as per doris5000’s post 🙂

spooky_b329

Thanks for the heads up 🙂

I tried the GTA one but it took ages clearing 80gb of harddrive space, then it took ages to install the Rockstar games launcher, then I had problems signing up for the account, then it literally took 12 hours to download the GTA file (server must be busy) and then after it installed it won’t launch, have given up!

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

What do I need to play this? I’m clearly not a gamer, but I did love a bit of Civ back in the day – as per doris5000’s post 🙂

Not sure about 6, but 3 was surprisingly resourse hungry and needed a discreet graphics card just to run the titles, wierdly the game itself was fine. Presumably that means it renders the titles in 3d every time rather than just being a video clip! My aging laptop runs it, just gives a broken image untill the menu loads.

Rio

Damn. I’d just rediscovered Civ V and that’s been eating my time away. Just when I thought I’d kicked the habit this turns up..

Good PSA.

Northwind

gobuchul

For me it peaked on 4, I got 5 but just couldn’t get into it- I think it was similar enough to make me want to play 4, but different enough to make me not want to learn the new one. But free is a good price.

(ps, I’m using proper numbers not letters because I’m not Jacob Rees-Mogg)

gobuchul
    Free Member

(ps, I’m using proper numbers not letters because I’m not Jacob Rees-Mogg)

Neither is Sid Meier.

Skankin_giant
    Free Member

Sure is a crap time to have a Mac….

chestrockwell

Gaar, doesn’t it work on Mac? Defo won’t work on Chromebook so FML.

Skankin_giant
    Free Member

You can get it on Steam for Mac but not on Epic…

DT78
    Free Member

Good stuff. I find my old laptop really grinds with the opponents turns on V when it gets more complex.

wordnumb
    Free Member

Aside from the free titles both Steam and Epic seem to be selling games at bargain prices – are these sales, the Epic coupon thing particularly, a regular thing or are they fill yer boots, never gonna be so low again deals?

Asking for a friend, obviously.

spooky_b329

Anyone else having trouble with this? I cannot get either GTA or CivVI to load. Sometimes it goes to the Epic Games Launcher, other times nothing.

I’ve got a Win10 Laptop, i5 8250U 4 core 1.8Ghz, 8GB Ram, Intel UHD Graphics 620 but crucially I chose a model with a Geforce MX150 to give it a bit more capability. I’ve updated the driver for the Geforce and tinkered with a few settings to try and force it to use the Geforce, but still no luck!

If it were a graphics issue I thought it should at least load the game/menu? I’ve tried both the DirectX 10 and 11 options.

Just checked the requirements for Civ VI and it says i3 2.5Ghz, but I know the chips all perform differently so a newer chip ‘slower’ chip will often perform better, I know the 8250U was quicker some of the higher clock speed processors when I bought my laptop last year. And it specifies Geforce 450, it looks like my MX150 is the laptop equivalent and generally is a slightly better performer.

wordnumb
    Free Member

GTA V works for me on a lower spec laptop than yours, once I reduce the settings a little. Intial set-up took a while. Haven’t tried Civ VI yet.

spooky_b329

Thanks…it is weird, its like it doesn’t even try to load the game. Might try messing around with the Direct X later.

baboonz
    Free Member

Sales on steam are fairly regular especially those of titles that are slightly older. It’s quite common for “publisher sales” to happen. Yo7 also get the winter and summer steam sales.

Epic games does a couple of free games a month for you to keep.

wordnumb
    Free Member

Ta Baboonz.

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘PSA – Civ VI FREE’ is closed to new replies.