Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • PSA Cheapish Oneplus Nord CE 5g £229
  • irc

After breaking my Samsung I needed a new budget Android. Just ordered one of these for £229 off Amazon

Its dual sim 12Gb ram 256Gb memory. Gets good reviews.

It was released a year ago so not cutting edge but will do for me.

The £229 price only seems to show if you go to Amazon by clicking the link on a Marin Lewis page.

https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/cheap-mobile-finder/sim-free/oneplus/nord-ce-5g/

cp

Unless you really need 256gb I’d stump up the extra 20 quid and get the nord 2 for 249 direct from OnePlus with code TAKENORD2. Choose 128gb blue

https://www.oneplus.com/uk/oneplus-nord-2-5g?sku=5011101827

nuke

Thanks for the PSA although also thanks to CP as ordered the discounted Nord 2 in the end

irc

As far as I could see the Nord 2 didn’t hace a 3.5mm jack for headphones.Otherwise good deal.
    Does OnePlus Nord 2 5G have 3.5mm headphone jack?

breninbeener

My old Samsung android phone is very full and slowly dying. I cant update anything that Samsung send me.

It has a 32gb memory card. How would i get all my photos and files from the old to the new if i bought a new oneplus.

Id really like this to be a super simple process. Can anyone help?

creakingdoor
    Free Member

Can anyone help?

If they’re backed up on Google (for instance) then they’ll be pulled down to the new phone when you log in. Otherwise I think you can Bluetooth stuff from one to the other, but I suspect a younger more hip person will advise presently. I usually ask a teenager to do IT stuff like that for me.

breninbeener

Ok i will check my backup status…thank you

irc

I have transferred all my stuff from my Samsung to my new Nord CE 5G. Painless. Photos backed up on Google photos.

When you start up the new phone it prompts if you wish to transfer Apps etc from another phone. Then does it over wifi

As long as you have all your passwords it is simple. All contacts messages on Whatsapp and texts transferred. Email synched over all my devices – both phones, laptop, and tablet.

I also swapped my old phone number from my old phone which was on Giffgaff to my new phone on Three

Simple. Sent text to Giffgaff for OAC code. Fill in online form on Three website. Got text when numbers swapped. Job done.

Trickiest part was getting my banking app set up on the new phone. But again if you have your passwords it is fine. You are only allowed to have one device set up for banking so you need to turn a thingy (tech term) off on your bank app on the old phone before setting it up on the new phone.

I am not in any way a techy and managed it with no issues.

breninbeener

@irc thank you. You have given me great confidence😀

irc

Your welcome. Don’t forget to pair the new phone with the Bluetooth in the car. I did until I wanted to use the handsfree.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

My old Samsung android phone is very full and slowly dying. I cant update anything that Samsung send me.

It has a 32gb memory card. How would i get all my photos and files from the old to the new if i bought a new oneplus.

Id really like this to be a super simple process. Can anyone help?

Plug your phone into a PC, drag across the contents of any folders you want to keep (“DCIM”, “Camera, “photos”, etc), then either repeat that on the new phone or just tart afresh. Personally I quite like the cathartic feeling of an empty fresh phone that’s not full of a bazillion screenshots and pointless photos.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.