Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • PSA cheap(er) SSD drives
  • mattyfez

Team group have been building a reputation in the RAM market for good value high performance memory, I run it myself, they now seem to be be doing SSD drives, other sizes available but £60 for a 240gb  3d nand drive is pretty good value.

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/teamgroup-240gb-l5-lite-ssd-2.5-sata-6gbps-3d-nand-solid-state-drive-hd-004-tg.html

eskay

I was tempted but they seem to have mixed reviews:

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820331048

poah
    Free Member

spend a bit more and buy a Samsung evo 850 – I’ve got a cheaper sandisc ssd as well and it isn’t as quick as the Samsung.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Cougar

spend a bit more and buy a Samsung evo 850

Scan are knocking out a 250GB Evo for £80.  That’s where my money would be going.

mattyfez

I must admit I run a Samsung ssd myself, mainly as they are just the go to brand, no one seems to have a bad thing to say about them. And it’s not that much more money really.

That said, when I was building my current computer, everyone pretty much universally recommended team group RAM, as it was a little cheaper than more well known brands, but the right speed for me.. Certainly don’t regret it it works well.

The Samsung evo has faster read/write speeds than the cheaper ones, team group, SanDisk, Kingston etc, but whether that’s actually noticeable in day to day use is very debatable.

BigEaredBiker
    Free Member

Tempting, and I need another SSD but scan.co.uk are now stocking crucial MX500’s for  a tenner more with slighty more capacity and performance ratings nearer the Samsung Evo’s… the p&p costs will probaby decide it.

I don’t really worry too much about bad reviews for cheaper/low capapcity SSD’s – I still have a 120Gb Kingston SSD that loads of peole slated. It’s not a patch on the 120GB 850 Evo in another machine, but unless you put the machines next to each other and watch them perform the same task there’s not enough in it to notice day-to-day.

BTW – The larger Samsung pro’s are worth paying for if you need to run several VM’s at the same time. Just storing your pron collection, not so much 😉

dissonance

As per others the pricing doesnt seem amazing vs Samsung and Crucial. Both of which I have used and trust.

I did need to check the pricing though since last time I had brought a drive was a while back and it is rather interesting how much the price has moved. Although for higher capacities seems to have somewhat stabilised.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘PSA cheap(er) SSD drives’ is closed to new replies.