Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • PSA Cheap SLX double or triple chainset inc BB £59.91
  • cloudnine
    Free Member

That’s cheap as chips

jimmy

been like that for a while (no wanting to piss on chips). it keeps tormenting me to buy them.

chrisdw
    Free Member

£5 voucher on CRC makes them just under £65 and a choice of lengths in retail packaging.

Has anyone ever had retail packed Shimano stuff from Ribble? Not moaning at Ribble as they are great. Just curious.

Wharfedale
    Free Member

Mine should be here today. I’ll let you know how its packaged.

robdob
    Free Member

None of their chainsets are in 170mm, weird.

Trekster

😳

deviant
    Free Member

The Deore groupset i got from Ribble last year was clearly OEM stuff in generic clear plastic bags instead of boxed ‘Shimano’ labelled stuff…not fussed with drivetrain though as i dont think there is much (if any?) difference between OEM and aftermarket in that respect….with forks and shocks i would prefer aftermarket though.

Ditto some Deore M615 brakes from Ribble were just bagged and boxed in unbranded packaging, again not too fussed…they were remarkable value for money and work brilliantly.

As others have said, this price on their SLX stuff has been around for a while and the only thing stopping me from buying it is the bottom bracket….why oh why cant they give a choice of pressfit or threaded?..i know price would go up for pressfit stuff but they could incorporate that into the deal for that particular selection, i’ll end up buying separately as once i’ve factored a pressfit BB into the equation it doesnt look quite so appealing….and i’d be left with a threaded BB that is so cheap its not worth the hassle of advertising it and paying for postage!

tenacious_doug
    Free Member

Just to confirm, if I was running a 1×10/11 (TBC, dependent on price of rest of my build), would the triple with a NW ring in the middle give the right chainline? These are significantly cheaper than getting a specific single ring chainset.

matther01
    Free Member

Depends on the bike I suppose. Transition advert the chain line for their bikes for example…but I normally do the triple and with inner ring set up. You can always use spacers to.

cp

Generally yes, triple with nw in middle pos.

tenacious_doug
    Free Member

Generally yes, triple with nw in middle pos.

And that’s bang on the same chainline as a specific crank? Since I’m buying brand news, I don’t want something that is compromised in functionality just for the sake of saving a few quid, but if functionality is the same, I’ll take the saving!

stevede
    Free Member

Just beware that the BCD is different on the new slx cranks, I found this out the hard way, I already had a couple of decent hope nw rings, the triple is definitely 96bcd, I presume the double will be the same. Quite annoying as I had to buy a new nw ring from works to fit mine.

chestrockwell

If you want it boxed get Evans to price match (providing they match Ribble).

snaps
    Free Member

I’ve got a brand new 175mm black XT triple I’d swap for a silver double if any wants to.

chrisdw
    Free Member

The BCD is different on a specific model. Its produced alongside the 104bcd so a 30t can be run. Basically if the middle ing is 30t its the smaller BCD.

bennn
    Free Member

snaps I’ve emailed you.

fooman

10% with disc10 code this weekend, even cheaper! Thanks op slx kit on order, just got to return the deore crank I paid as much for (once you buy the bb) to crc

lambo

I’ve got a 9 speed triple set up currently but the chain set needs replacing. Will a 10 speed triple be ok with a 9 speed chain?

stumpy_m4
    Free Member

@ lambo, i was about to ask the same as looking for a cheap 9 speed chainset 🙂 .. can i get away with one of these ?

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘PSA Cheap SLX double or triple chainset inc BB £59.91’ is closed to new replies.