• This topic has 208 replies, 65 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by davros.
Viewing 40 posts - 161 through 200 (of 209 total)
  • PSA cheap pike select plus at CRC
  • HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

Sorry I completely forgot to check this thread, those forks are on the way back to CRC. Hopefully they will put them aside.

tuboflard

Not to worry @HoratioHufnagel, fingers crossed they’ll send them on. Not holding my breath though.

tuboflard

Got the “oh it looks like we are out of stock at present” email this morning. Told them that there is another set being returned to them so please send me those instead. Still not hopeful. Bunch of feckers.

chakaping
    Free Member

Argh, hope they manage that but I wouldn’t be hopeful judging from previous experience. Too big an operation.

I know this is useless to you now, but you should have bought another fork when they were still in stock and got a refund on the first purchase.

tuboflard

I know this is useless to you now, but you should have bought another fork when they were still in stock and got a refund on the first purchase.

Yep, in hindsight that would have been the right thing to do but I have somewhat misplaced blind faith that companies can hold together a half decent customer service process. Clearly not (spoken as a Customer Service Director myself).

plus-one

Finally got new decals on mine and fitted yesterday. Going out for ride soon but they feel Uber plush around the block !!

bri-72

Lyrik rc29 arrived here today. At £399 couldn’t resist. Probably not learning my lesson from the Pike on p1 of this thread, as I bet they’re cheaper tomorrow!

Hoping for a step up in plushness compared to the fox34s on my full suss that I’ve never really rated.

damascus
    Free Member

@davros thanks for the psa. You made me buy a set of forks I didn’t know I needed.

However, I sold my non boost pikes (which were in great condition and perfectly fine but just not boost 🤣) on ebay and converted my hope pro 4 hubs to boost with a spare kit I had so worked out really well.

tuboflard

Just to round off my mini epic. I’ve given up on being able to get the Lyriks from CRC due to the calamity they’ve put me through. But to be fair to them, I wrote them a comprehensive complaint earlier today describing the somewhat farcical chain of events and they’ve held their hands up and sent me £100 of vouchers as way of apology.

bri-72

Result

stanstorey

Does anyone have any of the purple stickers that the pikes came with spare?

First proper outing for the pikes today and the uplift at BPW rubbed right through right hand side and down into the metal, gutted!!

(Don’t use the front most racks if you can help it, the opposite bike on trailer seems to site a lot closer than the other racks and good chance of its axle QR rubbing on your forks…well I think that’s what happened)!

tthew

Sorry Stan, I sent mine off to Nixie.

whyter

There were some purple stickers on the classifieds the other day

nixie

@stanstorey I’ll double check which one I used (made a fitting mistake on one side and ripped one). I think it was the left so might have the right hand spare. If I do then I’ll pass it on.

snotrag

@stanstorey I’ve got them, send me a PM with your address.

I’m a massive tart so ordered colour matched decals from slik!

didnthurt

These come on my ordered Hello Dave, hopefully they’ll be ok. 🤞

Funny that someone was not happy with their Fox 34 Forks. I was the same with mine, they rode too high in their travel, had poor small bump damping and never really used all their travel. If ran with more sag then they would blow through their travel and then ramp up quite suddenly which wasn’t ideal.
    I made them better by removing a couple of tokens and ran them with about 30% sag. Still not plush but definitely ride a lot better than before.

tthew

Me too snotrag. 😁 Although because I was comparing the evidence of my eyes with the colours on a computer screen the actual colour match is rubbish. They still look oarsum mind. See last post on page 5.

stanstorey

Thanks for the replies! Much appreciated 👍
    If Nixie has a spare RH decal that would be awesome…I’ll await a check.
    If not I’ll be in touch snotrag!
    Thanks again.
    And note to all…stick some helitape down your fork legs🤦

tuboflard

Well it looks like @HoratioHufnagel forks went back and got a stock alert to let me know. Last ones available plus the extra £100 off so forks ended up being £495. Can’t complain at that for a set of Lyrik Ultimates in these times.

tenburner

Excellent news

nixie

Check should be tomorrow stanstorey when I’m in the bike store.

nixie

@stanstorey I do have the right hand one spare, it was my left brake side one I replaced. PM me and I’ll send it to you 👍

nixie

Since there are no mud guard holes which out of the RRP or mudhugger guards fits the pikes best?

ginkster

Since there are no mud guard holes which out of the RRP or mudhugger guards fits the pikes best?

I’ve just fitted a RRP Proguard Standard and it fits well. Not tried the Mudhugger.

chakaping
    Free Member

Mine will be getting the RRP Proguard from my 34, so it’s good to hear it fits well.

🙂

Amazing mudguard BTW.

nixie

Yeah I have one of those on the other bike but had heard about some catching the crown at full travel. I am tempted to try filling the crown webbing with sugru to hole a bolt on guard in place. Also have a mudhugger frx (not the latest one) which came off the old forks.

tabletop2
    Free Member

I know the answer to this is probably no – but does anyone know any deals on lyriks or similar at the moment?

tuboflard

I got the last Lyrik Ultimate 29 from CRC I think but that was a complete fluke and I’d given up on it. I was considering getting the Yari Boost 2020 and going Charger 2.1 upgrade as would still have worked out cheaper than a brand new Lyrik (if you can find one).

CRC are selling the 29 x 160 Yari’s for £417 at the moment.

tabletop2
    Free Member

Yeah that’s probably the cheapest way to go about it, could build one up for £600 I reckon

chakaping
    Free Member

There are likely to be discounted RS forks in the coming weeks, after a new product reveal later today.

tabletop2
    Free Member

Intrigued

snotrag

@tabletop2

Intrigued

Mysterious/Cryptic postings on the Rockshox social media this morning = new product announcement due?

“Ready to fly” being the tag line… Which is the oldest fork in their line up? Photos shows some guy climbing so trail bikey I think…

STW staffers probably already seen it and have the artical written, just waiting for the clock to tick down to publish time!

chakaping
    Free Member

Wouldn’t want to put a damper on their big announcement, but expect some interesting updates.

snotrag

Electronic damper stuff, lockout, linking to the AXS eco system etc…

bri-72

Start Fitness have some discounts on RS forks incl ‘Select’ models. Not near CRC OEM pricing but starting about £700. Not huge bargain but maybe cheaper than elsewhere?

Jordan

And here it is Flight attendant.

chakaping
    Free Member

That’s not the thing I was thinking of.

Was expecting an update on the normal forks as well.

But perhaps that’s not happening today.

plus-one

What a load of twaddle !!

peter1979
    Free Member

plus-one What a load of twaddle !!

First reviews are in!

dyna-ti

What a load of twaddle !!

Gone are the days of twiddling your twaddle, now it seems its all to be done automatically.

Personal thoughts – More expensive crap thats probably going to make little zero difference to your average cyclist. Sponsors riders yes, but the average Joe on the bike, can’t see it.

Viewing 40 posts - 161 through 200 (of 209 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.