Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 201 total)
  • PSA cheap pike select plus at CRC
  • Premier Icon desperatebicycle
    Free Member

Usually means Carbon (but probably not in this case)

Premier Icon Vortexracing

I’ve bought them to go on the scandal but with half an eye on going 2 into 1 again and a Stage Evo is on the list!

That exactly what I did 😉 (but a Solaris rather than a scandal)

Premier Icon shooterman

For those who bought the Lyrik solo air – are the decals orange or red?

Premier Icon subduedsupernova
    Free Member

Will check tonight what colour my decals are but my fork is not not fully extending after been compressed, is anyone elses the same?

Premier Icon plus-one
    Free Member

Sorry for stating the obvious but you’ve put air in right ?

Premier Icon nickjb
    Free Member

Yeah. Mine didn’t fully extend out of the box. After putting some air in and cycling them they seem fine.

Premier Icon benpinnick

For those who bought the Lyrik solo air – are the decals orange or red?

They will be a muddy orangey colour, red or blue.

Premier Icon shooterman

Cheers. Will hold off ordering decals until I see which colour I get.

Premier Icon Mintyjim

Has anyone opened theirs up yet? I wanted to boost the travel to 150mm and I had some spare air-shafts which I was hoping to use.
    Surprisingly the air-shaft was older B1 version so I’m going to buy a new one now to get the C1 head.
    Still, pretty cheap and a great PSA.

Premier Icon tthew

Fitted last night and I’ve just been out for a test ride/bed in some brake pads.

OMG, they’re like night and day plush compared to the Recons. Compression doesn’t seem to do much from end to end though, no lockout position. Correct?

Premier Icon snotrag

@tthew same conclusion as me! Been out a few times now and the damper seems to break in a little. They weigh more than my older forks but are much, much sturdier which suits the bike better.

The damping adjustment is very subtle yes, I think it’ll take me a while to find the sweet spot.

It’s much more useful though to have a well matched range of adjustment rather than older forks with ten clicks that would give you settings of:

1-5 = way too fast
    6 = maybe right perhaps a bit much
    7-10 = length of wood inserted in fork leg

Dead impressed with it so far.

Premier Icon HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

https://www.motion-ride.com/en/8-93-motion-e-18.html#/15-color-earth_edition/19-shoe_size-160

Motion e18 linkage fork also on sale if anyone fancies something different!

Premier Icon tuboflard

Ended up ordering the Lyrik ultimate 29er, whilst it was £200 more than the Lyrik solo air it has he Charger 2.1 in it, latest Debonair spring and SKF seals, all of which if done as an aftermarket upgrade would be a lot more than that. Looking forward to getting out on them.

Premier Icon chakaping

Ended up ordering the Lyrik ultimate

It’s an amazing fork, well worth the extra.

You will love it.

Premier Icon v7fmp
    Free Member

i’m just waiting on my 140mm air shaft for the Lyrik Ultimates i purchased.

Looking forward to getting them fitted!

I enquired with my local shop for a pair (albeit 2021 models, if there is any difference?!) and the best price he could do was £860, as Sram have put the prices up of all new forks, so sub £600 for these feels like a proper good deal!

Premier Icon damascus
    Free Member

Sram won’t sell OEM forks meant for a santa cruz with no packaging to your LBS at a massively discounted price.

Great for the consumer but not so great for your LBS as its not a level playing field.

Premier Icon v7fmp
    Free Member

@damascus – this is very true. And a bit rotten for the LBS. I am guessing Sram had a container full of them ready for Santa Cruz, who i suspect didnt sell them in time for new colour updates (due to the pandemic), therefore Sram just sell them off to the highest bidder?

I did support my LBS tho… bought some Deathgrips and a Dakine Bum Bag 😀

Premier Icon Blazin-saddles
    Free Member

If I bought the Lyrik Ultimate, am I right in thinking I can just change the air spring to make them 130mm travel? How much work is it for someone mechanically competent but not a suspension god?

Premier Icon fathomer

@Blazin-saddles if I can do it, I’d imagine most can. It’s no more difficult than doing a lowers service really.

I didn’t realise they had Lyrik Ultimates for such a good price, I wonder how much of an upgrade they’d be to my Pike Ultimates?

Premier Icon tthew

I’m not joining in on this question after giving piss poor advice on a similar subject in page 2! 😁

Premier Icon chakaping

You can’t go down to 130mm in a Lyrik IIRC

Premier Icon davros

Lyric takes 150-180 only according to the SRAM docs. Isn’t it just a long travel pike?

Premier Icon fooman
    Free Member

Lyrik and Pike have different air chamber volumes both -ve and +ve but otherwise share a lot.

Premier Icon rockthreegozy
    Free Member

Yari airshafts go down to 120mm IIRC so sub 150 on a Lyrik is possible. Tftuned etc will confirm but confident this is correct..

https://www.tftuned.com/2021-c1-debonair-air-spring-upgrade-kits-lyrikyari-pikerevelation-2018/p3851

Premier Icon dai1983
    Free Member

Found myself considering one of those NS Eccentric frames that have been reduced too put the Pikes on. The large has a too long seat tube for my legs and the medium is identical to my current large HT but with a 3 degree steeper HA. Plus not so keen on black and theres not many reviews out there.

Will wait for a Big Al frame but also maybe a BFEmax?

Free Member

You can make them shorter than 150mm. Currently running my Lyrik at 140mm.

Here’s a 130mm air shaft for instance
    https://r2-bike.com/ROCKSHOX-Air-Shaft-Upgrade-Kit-DebonAir-C1-Mj-2021-130-mm-Yari-A1-from-My-2016

Free Member

Yari airshafts go down to 120mm IIRC so sub 150 on a Lyrik is possible. Tftuned etc will confirm but confident this is correct..

https://www.tftuned.com/2021-c1-debonair-air-spring-upgrade-kits-lyrikyari-pikerevelation-2018/p3851

That’s the one I saw so thought it possible.

Lyric takes 150-180 only according to the SRAM docs. Isn’t it just a long travel pike?

It’s actually a 130mm pike I’d like, but there’s none in the country to buy!

Free Member

So, just contacted tftuned who say it IS possible, but any warranty is void as Rockshox say 150mm minimum. The hunt continues…

Premier Icon tuboflard

Well I ordered the Lyriks for next day delivery (yesterday) and a Hope Fortus wheel turned up today instead!

Case opened with CRC so let’s see where this goes. Been reassured that the fork is still in stock and being prepared for dispatch.

Premier Icon chakaping

Ha, someone on a Hope wheel PSA is very happy then.

Premier Icon tuboflard

Ha, someone on a Hope wheel PSA is very happy then

So long as mine still turns up, they’re welcome!

Premier Icon tuboflard

Well this is turning in to a bit of a farce. Wheel still sat in my hallway, collection arranged for Monday.

The fork has now sold out on the site and I was watching the stock go down last night so emailed them to ask that they reserved a pair for me to dispatch. Now sold out and been on their chat and they haven’t a clue if they’ve put some aside or not. Apparently need to wait three working days for an answer.

What I find astonishing is that they claim they dispatch on the basis of product codes so there are times that a product is incorrectly labelled. But to mistake a brand new Hope wheel, in a Hope box, for a set of forks is inconceivable unless they’ve got Ray Charles on the dispatch team. It’s clearly that they’ve cocked up and put the wrong label on two boxes but won’t admit it. And if they’ve actually sold out all they’ll do is refund me.

Anyway, rant over.

Free Member

Which lyriks did you want? I am about to return mine. 29er ultimates, 42mm offset 150mm travel.

Premier Icon tuboflard

Exactly those ones @HoratioHufnagel. Can you put a note on them to put them aside for the irritated customer from Sheffield please?!

Premier Icon tthew

No – don’t make it complicated, just buy them from Horario! You’ll end up springing for the postage, but still a bargain.

Premier Icon bobodaclown
    Free Member

My Pikes turned up along with a c1 120mm air shaft, just need to get some grease and oil and try to shorten the travel up.
    Exciting

Premier Icon Andy
    Free Member

@turboflard what tthew says. Buy those from @HoratioHufnagel and pay the extra postage. Now they are out of stock there is no way CRC will correct the mistake They will just say “Soz” and refund you.

btw did you check the label on the carton? I recently got an Elite direct drive turbo trainer delivered instead of a minor part thanks to yodel cocking up. To be fair the driver came back before I had to drive over to the correct recipients address to drop it off.

Premier Icon tuboflard

Yeah @Andy it had my name on the label. It was a cock up on their part. Agree that they’ll just shrug their shoulders though. Let me know if they’re still available Horatio.

Premier Icon tthew

Looking pretty good with some Slik decals applied this morning, anyone else care to share?. First proper test yesterday confirmed my initial thoughts about the performance improvements over the original Recons. Newly homebuilt wheels also stood upto a bit of punishment and came home as straight as they left, so pretty much a success all round.

Pikes

Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 201 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.