• This topic has 208 replies, 65 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by davros.
Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 209 total)
  • PSA cheap pike select plus at CRC
  • shooterman

Couldn’t resist the Lyriks.

Blazin-saddles
    Free Member

If anyone finds themselves with a Pike too many, then I’d buy them as I missed out and struggling to find a decent priced 130mm fork for a Tallboy build. Ta.

plus-one

@Blazin-saddles

I’ll be listing a fox rhythm 34 130mm next couple of days. If of any interest?

snotrag

@davros you bad bad man!

forks

davros

Gerrem out the box then!

nixie

I see a set of the stickers are already in the classifieds 😀.

st

There’s what looks like a set on eBay for just under 500 quid!

nixie

Not surprised. Happened with the DT Swiss forks from last year. Also some of RF ride cranks have appeared for £80.

addy6402

Disappointingly (but not surprisingly) CRC oversold the Pikes – none in my delivery…

Awaiting a refund :-/

nixie

What they indicated dispatch but nothing no pikes arrived. That sucks.

a11y

That’s frustrating. Mine arrived yesterday, sorry. My delivery notifications confused me saying my package from WIGGLE was out for delivery, despite it being these forks ordered via CRC.

I’m still missing my bargain RF cranks from another recent PSA – the other part of the order has already arrived.

nickjb
    Free Member

Mine have arrived. Fitted and ridden round the block. Feel very nice. Just in time for the weather to change ⛈️

tthew

Mine came yesterday. Dark purple decals – very odd.

Going to get a set of them Invisiframe ones, just have to decide on the colour as neither of the orangey options are a close enough match.

mrmoofo

Mine arrived – no decals – but some stealth ones in the box …

nixie

@tthew what colours are you interested in? Mine haven’t arrived yet but bike is purple so could be interested in a swap.

lardman
    Free Member

Mine arrived today….. nothing in the box at all, except the fork and Axle. No stickers, even on the fork, or tokens, pump or anything.

Not that this matters, as i like them ‘murdered out’ naked.

tthew

@tthew what colours are you interested in? Mine haven’t arrived yet but bike is purple so could be interested in a swap.

Like a coppery orange, so unlikely whatever you get will suit. If you don’t get purple send me a DM and I’ll post them to you anyway.

nothing in the box at all, except the fork and Axle. No stickers, even on the fork, or tokens, pump or anything

They’re OEM ones so you won’t get all the extras, although no stickers is odd. Maybe they slipped out of the lid in transit. It was literally just 2 flat leg stickers in mine.

nixie

Thanks @tthew.

Wasn’t expecting a pump as OEM forks. Got stickers (dark purple, look nice) and tokens though.

Looking at the stanchions they only have sag markings for 130mm and 140mm. Hope that doesn’t stuff anyone hoping to lengthen them.

nickjb
    Free Member

I nearly threw the stickers away. They had slid under one of the folds in the box. Got two tokens and a safety information leaflet too. Never occurred to me there might have a been a pump with them. Shame as I need a new shock pump

jamj1974

My mates have arrived safely! He’s well pleased! Thanks for the PSA!

wzzzz
    Free Member

Looking at the stanchions they only have sag markings for 130mm and 140mm. Hope that doesn’t stuff anyone hoping to lengthen them.

They are just markings. I previously took a set from 130 to 160 no bother.

whyter

No pump or tokens here either. But liking the stealthy purple stickers! At least I have some spare tokens from my Revs if there are none actually in the fork already.

wzzzz
    Free Member

Right so imagine, hypothetically like, you have a brand new set of Pike Select+ in hand and a Lyrik RC on the way.

Can you swap the damper and make a charger lyrik?

Then flog the downgraded pike….

All hypothetical. Just think of the M&S points.

ElVino

I’m really tempted by the Lyriks, what would it cost me to get someone to reduce the Travel to 140mm? Realistically this is probably the max my frame can handle

snotrag

Spare tokens and (2020 Santa Cruz tall boy coloured) browny/purple stickers in mine.

Jsut fitting them to my Scandal now – 1881grammes with maxle and 180mm steerer. Pretty good really!

mrmoofo

I have bought the Pikes but wonder if I should have gone Lyrik. Can you reduce the Lyrics to 140mm?

rockthreegozy
    Free Member

My 2020 retail boxed Lyrik Ultimates didn’t come with a pump so I think RS stopped that a while ago..

Reducing Lyriks to 140 can be done easily..

shooterman

Looks like high demand. Three days after ordering my Lyriks are still “processing”. Not a long time but unusual for CRC. Let’s hope they haven’t oversold them.

vondally
    Free Member

So our house has both pikes and lyrics…..thanks psa….but the squabbling has started….which is the best damped fork? Which is the simplest fork to lockout?

plus-one

I’d go pike every time. Unless your a big hitter destroyer of equipment !

vondally
    Free Member

Wife at 60 kgs is a destroyer of equipment…..lyriks then for her!

rockandrollmark

Right so imagine, hypothetically like, you have a brand new set of Pike Select+ in hand and a Lyrik RC on the way.

Can you swap the damper and make a charger lyrik?

Unfortunately not. For some reason Lyrik/Yari and Pike/Revelation chassis use different dampers. Something to do with the thread pattern IIRC.

chakaping
    Free Member

My 2020 retail boxed Lyrik Ultimates didn’t come with a pump so I think RS stopped that a while ago..

A few years ago I think, shame as they fetched OK money on ebay so it was a nice little cashback.

Jsut fitting them to my Scandal now

Mine are going on your old Stage 4.

😀

v7fmp

looks like the Lyrik ultimates are a decent price now…

https://www.chainreactioncycles.com/rockshox-lyrik-ultimate-boost-fork-2020/rp-prod208348

I was looking a couple of days ago and these were just under £800, so a decent saving!

42mm offset too!

rockthreegozy
    Free Member

I paid similar for the Lyriks pre Covid and Brexit from Germany so that is a decent price..

whatgoesup

Mine are fitted to my Scandal – look and feel great.

But…. my front brake stopped working after the swap – lever straight back to the bar! Grrr….
    Swearing and bleeding (the brake) didn’t make any difference. Looks like the pistons are sticky, so after having pushed them back ready to aligning in their new home on the new for they’re only moving out a small amount then retracting back, rather than “ratcheting” out with each pump of the lever until contact is made. Also hard to press back into place, so a piston & seal kit is on the way, and hopefully I’ll have a nice freshly rebuilt caliper by next week.

snotrag

@chakaping I’ve bought them to go on the scandal but with half an eye on going 2 into 1 again and a Stage Evo is on the list!

bonzodog
    Free Member
    tuboflard

Wonder what CBN means?

Could Become Notchy?

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 209 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.