Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 201 total)
  • PSA cheap pike select plus at CRC
  • Premier Icon dai1983
    Free Member

Was looking to put some SID 35 at 120mm on my 100mm xc bike to down country it. Figured I can put a 120mm damper in these for the weight penalty.

Or build a single speed ht for the winter.

Just orderd anyway

FML 😂

Premier Icon wzzzz
    Free Member

aaaand they’ve all gone

Premier Icon chakaping

Ordered one yesterday, so thanks for that OP.

🙂

Premier Icon Mintyjim

Whilst staying in a hotel this week for work and in an insomnia fueled knee-jerk reflex purchase I bought a set.
    No idea why.
    I’ve got wheels, drivetrain and possibly brakes.
    Any similarly amazing deals on a modern 29er suspension frame out there?
    I’m perfectly happy/capable to change the air spring so something with circa 130mm/140mm rear travel would be preferable in case I kill my (amazing) Trek Rail.
    Great PSW by the way!
    Cheers

Premier Icon tthew

Figured I can put a 120mm damper in these for the weight penalty.

I don’t think you can @dai1983 – SID’s are up to 120 and Pikes are from 130. It’s probably a limitation of the leg length.

Premier Icon davros

Pike/rev work with 120mm air spring. I have a debonair one to sell if anyone wants it for their new fork.

Premier Icon chakaping

Yeah I had Pikes at 120mm for years.

Fortunately I need 130mm this time though.

Premier Icon tthew

Oh, fair play. Everyday’s a school day!

Premier Icon nixie

What I’m pretty is the SRAM model page for this particular fork even says 120mm.

https://www.sram.com/en/rockshox/models/fs-pike-selp-b4

The b3 version page says the same.

Premier Icon abingham

While the Pikes look to have sold out, they are doing boost 34s at £499.

https://www.chainreactioncycles.com/fox-suspension-34-float-performance-elite-boost-fork-2019/rp-prod208361

Premier Icon mrmoofo

Just bought some …
    Spontaneous like …
    I hope they are good!

Premier Icon desperatebicycle
    Free Member

Lyriks for £399 for those after more travel – 160mm

Premier Icon markwsf
    Free Member

I forgot how slow CRC are at sending parts having not ordered from them for a few years.

Ordered on Wednesday evening, still showing as “processing” now.

I did select free shipping, but I’ve got so used to very quick delivery from almost every other online vendor it seems a bit odd. Is it deliberate to encourage you to choose one of the paid shipping options?

Premier Icon damascus
    Free Member

I did select free shipping

Next to the free shipping option it says 7 days. They do it on purpose to make you pay extra for quicker shipping

Premier Icon markwsf
    Free Member

Next to the free shipping option it says 7 days. They do it on purpose to make you pay extra for quicker shipping

Yes, I saw that and optimistically thought that it’s actually be quicker. Forgot that they deliberately slow it down which was one of the reasons I stopped buying from them a few years back.

I get it for cheaper items, but for a £400 purchase it seems a bit petty.

Still, fantastic bargain forks !

Premier Icon dhrider
    Free Member

I highly doubt the ones working in the warehouse are sitting around doing nothing waiting until day 5 to pick your order.

Not in a rush, pick free shipping and wait. In a rush / impatient pay for shipping.

Premier Icon bobodaclown
    Free Member

I normally find their free shipping is pretty quick for me, often next day or two day.
    I am happy either way unless I paid for next day.

Good price on those and the Fox 34

Premier Icon bonzodog
    Free Member

While the Pikes look to have sold out, they are doing boost 34s at £499.

https://www.chainreactioncycles.com/fox-suspension-34-float-performance-elite-boost-fork-2019/rp-prod208361

extra tenner off with CLEAR2021

ELH 😉

Premier Icon GeForceJunky

Cheers for the PSA, I purchased the Pikes, to replace some Gold 35s, but would rather have gone for the Lyriks. Now the Lyriks are available for £390 I’ve ordered them as well, so will probably return the Pikes or pass them on to someone else. Cheaper too as it means I don’t need to order a longer air shaft 🙂

Premier Icon tuboflard

What’s the damper and air shaft in the Lyriks? Are they the Debonair spring? And is it Charger 2.1 or the earlier one? Can’t work out what year they are.

Dilemma is to get these to replace a set of old Pikes on my RocketMAX or get a Charger upgrade for them. New Lyrik would also mean new front wheel as Pike is non-boost.

Premier Icon dirtyrider
    Free Member

What’s the damper and air shaft in the Lyriks? Are they the Debonair spring? And is it Charger 2.1 or the earlier one? Can’t work out what year they are.

if it helps they appear to have had a dump off ex Santa Cruz stuff, wiggle has a lot of SC length shocks, the fox up there are from a SC Tallboy in the 2018 Gloss Black/Rust colour

https://www.vitalmtb.com/product/guide/Bikes,3/Santa-Cruz/Tallboy-Carbon-C-S,19662

Premier Icon nixie

Does that explain the brown logos on the pikes as well.

Premier Icon hopefiendboy
    Free Member

@GeForceJunky im after a set of the oikes- have sent you a PM

Premier Icon GeForceJunky

The Lyrik is listed as Charger RC so I guess ‘Select’ level whereas the Pikes are Charger 2.1. I was under the impression they are very similar in practice.

Premier Icon neverbeentomoab
    Free Member

Pikes sound like they are off a 2020 tallboy

Premier Icon subduedsupernova
    Free Member

Ordered pikes but unsure to stick with them or go for lyriks

Does anyone know which is better? I believe the pike is the mid level pike and the lyrik is the bottom of the range with lower spec damper but is more burly? Can someone correct me if I am wrong?

Premier Icon a11y

Does anyone know which is better? I believe the pike is the mid level pike and the lyrik is the bottom of the range with lower spec damper but is more burly? Can someone correct me if I am wrong?

If it makes a difference to you, the Pikes are 42mm offset and the Lyriks are listed as 51mm offset. Generally Pike is lighter/less burly than the Pike. And I admit I’m a bit lost as to what adjustments the different charger dampers have.

Premier Icon plus-one
    Free Member

I’d say the pike will be lighter/plusher looking at the spec. If your a big/hard rider that likes to send it get the lyrik.

The lyrik is 160mm and pike 130mm ? Are you planning on increasing travel on pike ?

Premier Icon chakaping

Lyrik RC will probably be an older fork, potentially with the HSC set firmer.

Still a very good buy at that price, especially if you are a heavier rider. And better on a RocketMAX than a Pike (more sturdy).

My Pike arrived yesterday.

As the stickers are separate, I may buy some to match my blue frame stickers.

Who’s good for custom stickers?

Premier Icon subduedsupernova
    Free Member

Was planning on running them at 140mm or 150mm which is making the decision harder

Premier Icon shooterman

Considering the Lyriks. Worth it over a PIKE RCT3 debonair?

Premier Icon chakaping

Was planning on running them at 140mm or 150mm which is making the decision harder

What do you weigh? Do you ride fast?

Premier Icon tthew

As the stickers are separate, I may buy some to match my blue frame stickers.

Also interested in this. Could do with some burnt orange ones for my Whyte 629.

Premier Icon a11y

Slik: https://www.slikgraphics.com/shop/forks/rockshox-pike-select-decal-kit-black-forks/. I’m vain enough that I’ll be getting decals made that are a better match for my frame than the brown.

For me that’s the cross over point: I’ve happy used Pikes from 120-140, but for 150-160 I’ve used Lyrik or a Chargered Yari. Sorry, doesn’t help as I’d say Pike for 140 but Lyrik for 150.

Premier Icon damascus
    Free Member

From memory 29er pikes weigh 1875g and 29er lyriks weigh 2030g (ish)

Edit, crc states 1830g!

My friend swears by lyriks at 150 or 160 travel and he’s about 5 foot 9 and slim. He’s an aggressive rider and just prefers how they feel and ride over pikes. He’s not bothered about the extra 150g.

But personally, I think anything 140 or lower, pikes are more than enough for most riders unless your a big rider.

Premier Icon chakaping

I might take a punt on Invisiframe’s blue stickers. One of the best little MTB companies IMO.

Premier Icon plus-one
    Free Member

Slik graphics are awful to deal with !!

Premier Icon markwsf
    Free Member

I didn’t think I was terribly suggestible. But…

Stage 1 – Thought that the decal colour REALLY doesn’t matter – brown would be fine, or just leave them off. People getting decals to match their bike must be very vain.
    Stage 2 – Thought I’d take a quick look just to see. Oh look, you can get orange, my bike is orange
    Stage 3 – Now fretting about getting just the “right” colour orange as the bike is a kind of slightly muted “burned orange”.

Thanks all !

Premier Icon a11y

Slik graphics are awful to deal with !!

That’s never been my experience (multiple orders due to extreme personal vanity issues)

@markwsf
    – you DO realise you can then also get matching decals for your rims and rear shock? (if applicable) . Matching collar and cuffs etc.

Premier Icon chakaping

you can then also get matching decals for your rims and rear shock? (if applicable) .

Just because you CAN, doesn’t mean you SHOULD.

😉

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 201 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.