Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • PSA: Cheap Inov8 Boots
  • woody2000

Men’s Roclite G 345 Gore-Tex Waterproof Hiking Boot | inov-8 UK

Use code RESTHIKESEP and they are £67 + shipping. Bargain 🙂

joelowden

Thank you 👍

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Thats a good deal !

I cant decide whether I would want them though. Great for fast walking, but not great for shitty winter / staying warm I would guess. They are just their fell shoes with a bit more too them.

finbar
    Free Member

Tempting – but two out of five reviews on Wiggle report the upper coming away from the sole…

Blackflag
    Free Member

Waterproof for me means full leather. Every pair of lighter goretex boots ive had have leaked after a while.

But thanks anyway

Pieface

I’ve had those and the previous incarnation and I’m not sure. On one pair the Gore-tex leaked, on another the eyelets pulled through, and on a 3rd the rubber fell apart from around the toe. If it weren’t for the durability issues I’d be tempted, but I think 3 out of 3 bad experiences should be enough to put me off.

thegeneralist
    Free Member

Is it too late to add ” and nasty ” to the thread title? 🙂

IHN

MrsIHN sent a pair of them back too, the upper started splitting

matt_outandabout

@woody – is there a November discount code?

Looking at some new boots for mrs_oab…

matt_outandabout

Sorted.
    Sale 20% off.
    New account 10% first order
    Student Beans code from son 15% off
    =
    Great value boots for mrs_oab.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

@matt_outandabout

how is your wife finding those boots?

+ how did you get the new account discount at inov8 ?  I’ve set up a new account but not received at 10% code or anything ? Is it just applied when you pay?

surfer
    Free Member

I hasd a pair of the earlier ones. Didnt like them and they leaked.

piemonster

how is your wife finding those boots?

Cant speak for Matts wife, but I have a pair and they are hands down the most comfortable walking boots Ive ever had, and by some margin.

My foot shape is pretty much Inov8 size 11 width 4.

Durability on the other hand, I cant yet comment on, looking at them in person Im guessing their lifetime will be more along the lines of running shoes rather than proper leather walking boots (never found a pair of those that really fits unfortunately)

piemonster

I’ve set up a new account but not received at 10% code or anything ?

Mine arrived by email

matt_outandabout

@funkydunc

She’s two Munro’s and a few snowy walks in.
    Claims that she never expected to find a replacement as comfortable as her North Face Hedgehogs – and these are actually more comfy, better grip, and a touch stiffer on rocks (which was her only criticism of the Hedgehogs). Generally ‘perfect’ so far, I am almost tempted to buy a second pair

I’ve got a pair of the OP’s first link – Roclite 345’s. Similar amount of days for me. They are very light. Arguably would benefit from a sole plate like my Brooks Cascadia trainers as I feel too many rocks through then. Very grippy sole. But, they are very comfy, waterproof and so far lasting.

👍

TomB

Inov8 sale on now, they have sent me emails with ROCLITE PRO G 400 GTX 40% off from their direct sales shop, if that helps anyone?

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Inov8 sale on now, they have sent me emails with ROCLITE PRO G 400 GTX 40% off from their direct sales shop, if that helps anyone?

They are the ones I have been looking at, and bought following reading a few reviews and Matt’s above. They appear to be a bit stronger constructed in the upper compared to the other boots they do.

I never did receive the 10% discount email 🙁 however I got some money for Xmas so not too fussed as supporting a UK company

They are however £119 at sportshoes.com which are another very good company based in Yorkshire, unfortunately they dont do free delivery and returns (I ordered 2 sizes to be sure)

spacemonkey

Hmm, could be good timing as one of the soles on my Meindl Burma Pros came loose last week. 10 years old, very tough and waterproof, but I’m no longer keen on their extra weight. Looking for a lighter 3-4 season boot and both those Inov8s are now on the shortlist.

I’ve just set up a new Inov8 account and it too won’t give me the extra 10% discount. Not the end of the world.

And those 400s are currently £130 instead of £200, so a tad less than 40% off. I’m not a fan of all black footwear, but I like the functionality of this particular pair. Prefer the look of the 345s and am confused why there are so many excellent reviews mixed in with several poor ones.

Food for thought.

tonyd

I recently binned a 15 year old pair of this boots predecessor. Absolutely loved them, after years of regular leather walking boots these were a revelation. I’m so tempted to buy some more but just can’t justify them for dog walking and grassroots football watching. 😔

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

I’ve had my ROCLITE PRO G 400 GTX for a few weeks now.

Overall impressions are good, although I have never had some £200 boots before so dont know what the standard should be? I’ve had many Inov8 running shoes, so was expecting along the lines of them ie firm fitting, technically very good but quite racy feeling. I have used their Roclite fell shoes a lot previously and was expecting them to be like that but with an upper stuck on. They are certainly not that.

Reality is they are very comfy, have a nice balanced foot bed ie not too firm, but firm enough to not let rocks come through and give stability on steep slopes. The best bit is the grip which is by far the best I have ever had on a walking boot, it just grips whatever the surface.

My only concern is that the tongue feels a bit flimsy, and can be a faff to get fitted in to the boot properly. Weirdly when  I walk I also get some kind of flip flop noise going on which I have managed to work out where its coming from yet.

Overall very good boots though hopefully £120 well spent

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.