• This topic has 34 replies, 23 voices, and was last updated 2 years ago by ogden.
Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • PSA- Cheap Eagle GX at Bikeinn
  • Premier Icon Northwind
    Subscriber

Bikeinn has GX cassettes at £105, mechs at £66, chains at £15- no trigger shifters but get one of those locally and it’s £210 for all the movey bits. I couldn’t resist…

ogden

Not showing at that price when I look? And no gx mech

Premier Icon Poopscoop
    Subscriber

Me neither?

Either low stock at that price or a pricing error?

Good price if you were lucky enough though op!

ogden

How well does an 11 speed chainring work with eagle?

daern

How well does an 11 speed chainring work with eagle?

Superstar sell some excellent value, UK made chainrings that are 12-speed compatible:
    https://www.superstarcomponents.com/en/raptor-chainring-sram-boost-direct-mount-narrow-wide.htm

If you’re willing to wait for one of their discount codes (they come up quite often) you can get it cheaper than this too. I think I paid £23 for the last one of these I bought.

Premier Icon roverpig
    Subscriber

Why do you need 12-speed chainrings? I thought the inner dimensions of the chain were the same.

Premier Icon Northwind
    Subscriber

Oops, looks like I may have got the last discounted ones. Sorry!

Premier Icon Tracey
    Subscriber

Would be good to know what the delivery times are like. I’ve held off using them to due to the revews about late or no deliveries

Premier Icon cnud
    Subscriber

You could always go XT Di2 for much cheapness: £350 !!

tuskaloosa

holy smokes Di2 for 350!! so tempted

Premier Icon Kryton57
    Subscriber

Still no jockey wheels…

geex

Can you run Di2 straight off a shimano Steps E-bike? or do you still have to use the ugly awkward box/battery or whatever it is?

The display thingy looks the same.

zerolight

BikeInn RunInn etc. They never have stock of what they are selling. Take your money and keep you waiting. They’re online rep isn’t very good.

Premier Icon TheGingerOne
    Subscriber

I found out about their online rep after we put in an order for about 6 scuba items from one of their sister sites and was a little concerned to be honest. The delivery was not fast, but they did ship everything that we ordered without a problem. Luckily it all fitted and we did not need to return anything, so we did have a good service, though I doubt I would use them again given it was shipped from Spain.

Premier Icon Northwind
    Subscriber

Arrived today incidentally- Tweeks sent me the wrong shifter though 🙁

Premier Icon onewheelgood
    Subscriber

That Di2 deal is ridiculous. But I’m puzzled, it appear to be the exact same setup that Merlin are selling for £675, claiming a 33% discount from a £975 RRP. BikeInn are claiming a 22% discount from a £388 RRP. What’s going on there?

Premier Icon scaredypants
    Subscriber

snowinn came good for me recently too – not superfast (and so may have come via distributor rather than stock-room) but if you’re not in a rush I’d say that “group” is worth a punt

in the market this week for a new groupset for a bike build. Was going to buy eagle from crc for 350 but the di2 has me conflicted. Which is the nicer groupset? will di2 work with any rear cassette? id have to get an XD cassette

where is the best price for sram eagle these days? crc have it at 355 euro but its completely out of stock

Premier Icon woodster
    Subscriber

Well since my stem and bars are apparently Di2 compatible I suppose I had to really.

Trying to decide whether it’s worth the hassle of buying a second set and selling off everything except the rear mech, since the regular replacement price is somewhat eye-watering.

Premier Icon notmyrealname
    Subscriber

I ordered the Di2 kit a couple of days before it was mentioned on this thread. Apparently it’s been delivered this weekend and signed for by a neighbour.

Fingers crossed it’s there when I get home later today.

Subscriber

Just an update for anyone who’s interested.

I picked my Bike Inn delivery up from a neighbour today and the Di2 kit was exactly as described. XT shifter, rear mech, display, battery, junction box, cables, chain and cassette for £330!

I had to buy a Di2 charger as well which was an extra £45 but still loads cheaper than anything else I’ve seen.

ogden

DI2 showing as £ 301.95 now.

stephen131

That’s a good deal on di2, anyone using it on a Tallboy 3?

Damn di2 sold out

Ordered a full GX drivetrain from these guys last night. 10-50 cassette will be quite a change from 11-36! If it’s good I’ll need to repeat the purchase for the other bike…

andyl

hmm, could have put the Di2 on the Canyon Spectral-on in place of the Sram EX1, not sure if there is much of a market for Ex1 though.

Sold out now though and still not ordered the bike…

loxy

Where did you get the di2 charger for £45 BikeInn as well? Showing as £58 now.

Subscriber

The charger was from BikeInn as well, just checked the invoice and it was £48.29. Their prices seem to fluctuate quite a bit.

loxy

Ok cheers, makes sense as I got the di2 for £301, did your battery turn up charged?

Subscriber

No, it was dead flat!

loxy

Ah!

ogden

DI2 back in stock for £348 https://www.bikeinn.com/bike/shimano-xt-di2-11s/136801273/p

Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)

The topic ‘PSA- Cheap Eagle GX at Bikeinn’ is closed to new replies.