Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 120 total)
  • PSA: Cheap brakes at CRC
  • woody2000

Deore m486 hydros at £15 and end, short hoses though. Paiir them with cheap rotors from on-one and it’s less than £20 an end

brakes
    rotors

dirtyboy

You need levers also?

woody2000

Nope, they’re complete minus rotors 🙂

allthepies
    Free Member

Yup.

“To be used in conjunction with Shimano hydraulic brake levers”

grum
    Free Member

You sure?

To be used in conjunction with Shimano hydraulic brake levers.

Edit: too slow!

radoggair
    Free Member

PSA fail

woody2000

Would you like me to take a pic of my brakes that arrived this morning??

paulosoxo
    Free Member

Don’t be too harsh guys, the new cuddly stw means you can’t point out that an item is actually not that good of a deal.

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/ad-spoiling-new-rule-dont-do-it-its-very-annoying

khani
    Free Member

If they’re calliper only why does it show front and rear options with hose lengths?
    Spoilers fail..OP win… 😉 HA!!

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

I’ll bet there’s no adaptors with those brakes. By the time you’ve got those it’s becoming less of a bargain….

And it doees say To be used in conjunction with Shimano hydraulic brake levers which makes me smell a rat, TBH.

Fueled
    Free Member

I’ve taken the chance. Collect+ return is an option if it is only calipers, but the RRP suggests a whole brake. Thanks OP!

woody2000

Bloody hell, no helping some people!

Rear has an adapter front doesn’t. Adapter is what, £3? So £41 for a full set, still looks cheap to me!

grum
    Free Member

Fair enough, was just checking!

dirtyboy

I’ve taken a look also, cheers woody

woody2000

Here!

paulosoxo
    Free Member

khani -Spoilers fail..OP win… HA!!

Ahh, the old switcheroo.

khani
    Free Member

Ahh, the old switcheroo.

I did put a little winky.. 😉

Rusty-Shackleford
    Free Member

Don’t be too harsh guys, the new cuddly stw means you can’t point out that an item is actually not that good of a deal.

Do the new cuddly STW rules preclude one from highlighting a grammatical faux pas?

Dancake
    Free Member

Are they set up US style so you need to swap the hoses round?

edit looking at your pic that looks like a front brake I bought from CRC with a LH lever. Was cheap though and worked well! Was £25 ish then

woody2000

Bugger, they are dancake

Dancake
    Free Member

Bugger, they are dancake

No problem though I guess. I since fitted Dual control and found these shimano jobs a pleasure to bleed 🙂 (you might not need to bleed if just swapping over)

nosedive
    Free Member

oooh. good PSA. Im tempted to remove the nice SLX ones from Mrs Nosdives biks and swap with these. I wonder if she would notice…..

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Adapter is what, £3? So £41 for a full set, still looks cheap to me!

Please read my actual WORDS not what you THINK I mean! 🙂
    I said “less of a bargain”, not “not cheap”

Speshpaul

Woody, top PSA matey.

I’ve taken a punt on the basis that a walk to the Spar is all i’ve got to lose:-)

so you’ve had a front and rear set up – yankee style -minus 2 rotors and one mount – for £30.

they have short hoses, but i want the for a short bike.

Nice!

kimbers

arse- looked at these yesterday

thought they needed levers

and went and ordered some from elsewhere 2 mins b4 opening this thread!

stupid crc crappy descriptions 🙁

Speshpaul

order them from crc and send the others back

kimbers

classifieds!

Bucko

So, have we decided if these are any good yet? I’m after some new brakes for my winter Inbred.

peasant
    Free Member

1200 hose so might need to measure 1st ,good psa

benjbish

Sorely tempted.

toys19
    Free Member

bought recieved full brakes, need to swap hoses but for 30 quid (I have discs already) they are amazing bargain.

Rich
    Free Member

What is the power and modulation like compared to the new model Deores?

mooseface
    Free Member

Does anyone know if the 1200mm rear is long enough for a on one scandal 18in? only ordered today so can’t measure.

epo-aholic
    Free Member

Does anyone know if the 1200mm rear is long enough for a on one scandal 18in? only ordered today so can’t measure.

Doubtful i’d say, i ordered some for my 17″ hardtail and i think it’ll be touch and go….

falkirk-mark

Ordered front and rear and I don’t really even need any brakes but at that price its nearly as cheap as a set of pads

smiff
    Free Member

cheers that’ll go on the bro’s on-one that’s only going to get nicked anyway.
    apparently ok with sintered pads (Superstar S2) and decent rotors (hopefully my old Avid G2 will fit?)
    doesn’t the mineral oil get hot, or is that why they come with resin pads? (shouldn’t matter in UK just curious).

mooseface
    Free Member

Right ive taken the plunge. if the hose it to short (which it pobably is) is it possible to replace the hose?

cookeaa

Ordered a pair for the missus bike already got rotors and plenty of spare adapters and if the 1200mm hose is too short (smallish girly frame) it’s not too hard to fit a longer one for ~£10

Good PSA OP…

DezB
    Free Member

is it possible to replace the hose?

Yes, pretty easy job. Might need a bleed tool, check the instructions that come with the brakes, or online

jamiep
    Free Member

Must. Resist. Buying. …click oops. With the CRC £10 off £75 I figure these only cost £20. Bonus

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 120 total)

The topic ‘PSA: Cheap brakes at CRC’ is closed to new replies.