Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Psa – Charger 2.1 rc2 damper £182
  • anderzz
    Free Member

I ordered one from amazon back in March and it finally arrived a few weeks ago.

Back here again

RockShox Unisex’s Damper Upgrade Kit Charger2.1 Rc2 Crown High, Low Speed Compression (Includes Complete Right Side Internals) Lyrik B1+/Yari A1+ (2016, Black https://amzn.eu/d/8quokbF

Go to the other sellers bit on bottom and see it sold by amazon for price mentioned. £182 quid is a good way to upgrade a cheap yari like I did.

mashr

hhhmmmmm it is 0.1 better than my current damper. . .

EDIT: £282 here

anderzz
    Free Member

Scroll down to the other sellers bit. Dispatched and sold from amazon for 182.48

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

Description seems to say it’s an RCT3

mashr

My bad, missed the other sellers part

Actually says both RCT3 and RC2, can’t remember is that makes sense?

“ FEATURES Charger 2.1 RC2 damper featuring independent high and low speed compression adjust Charger 2.1 RCT3 damper featuring 3-position compression adjust (open/pedal/firm) with low speed compression adjust Includes complete right-side internals MODEL ID SS-UPK-LYRC-A2”

anderzz
    Free Member

I received an rc2 damper when I ordered this.

lardman
    Free Member

Are these dampers easy to fit? Drop in?
    I have a Yari-up, but fancy trying a different damper.

gingerman69

Anyone know if there is an equivalent priced one for a 2020 revelation upgrade as it was priced at £400 ish from TF for which you might as well buy a new fork ? THANKS

anderzz
    Free Member

I know that the pike /revelation one has been available cheap on amazon too. They tend to fluctuate a lot. I’ve watched them for a long time now.

As for being easy to fit. Yeah they are easy to fit. Just requires basic tools, a bit of grease and 20ml of oil once you refit the lowers. Takes about half an hour.

phil5556

So I just started a thread and then saw this one…

Is this the answer to (one of) my questions here? https://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/rockshox-yari-which-damper-airshaft-to-upgrade/

tuboflard

Anyone know if there is an equivalent priced one for a 2020 revelation upgrade as it was priced at £400 ish from TF for which you might as well buy a new fork ?

I fitted a Novyparts Splug to my Revelation earlier this year. Very easy to do, feels better than the MoCo damper it replaced. And a lot less than £400.

rockandrollmark

Oh, wow! There seem to be some good deals on Charger dampers from Uncle Jeff then …which is handy since the basic Charger RC damper on my Revelation started playing up the other day, and I’m doubting a service will be cheap.

Can any experts out there advise on whether this damper will fit my 29” 2019 Revelations?

(Dirty Amazon link)

Rockshox’s Trail Head app, and the Charger upgrade manual suggests that his part (00.4020.169.003) will fit but I’m really aware that the description says it’s for a 27.5” fork.

Are the dampers wheel-size specific?

monkeyboyjc

£185 at bikeinn at the moment (depends on the travel you want) – I bought one from them last year, took about 3 or 4 weeks to arrive, but only cost £155, I’m guessing the £ has dropped against the € since then….

lardman
    Free Member

@anderzz
    Thanks for that. I have tools and oil etc:
    Let’s see what turns up from Amazon then!

phil5556

So I’ve ordered one cheers, hopefully it’s the right thing for my 2016 Yari.

I *think* it is…

phil5556

Took a while to come, but it’s here 🙂

anderzz
    Free Member

Nice to see it turned up for you 🙂

Amazon often have some bargains that slip under the radar.

I’d missed out on good price lyriks earlier in the year so I had just grabbed a yari rc for 230 and one of these for £180. Can’t fault it.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Thanks for popping by - why not stay a while?IT'S FREE

Sign up as a Singletrack Member and you can leave comments on stories, use the classified ads, and post in our forums, do quizzes and more.

Join us, join in, it’s free, and fun.