Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)
  • PSA – budget road wheels
  • Sundayjumper

I have some Fulcrums on one of my bikes, with a 105 groupset, and it makes my skin itch ever so slightly knowing Fulcrum is owned by Campagnolo.

Shimano & Campag on the same bike.

Don’t like.

(and can’t afford a pair of Ultegra wheels right now).

Northwind

Fulcrum wheels with shimano cassette and SRAM shifting, feels dirty.

cynic-al
    Free Member

I run campag ergo levers, rear mech and br calipers, shimano everything else.

PURE FILTH!

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

Well we’ve a huge thread saying lighter wheels are of no benefit either. Cynic, don’t you work in the trade? Bet your boss loves you advising customers “oh don’t buy that, you’ll see no real world tangible benefit” 😀

Weight and aero are the 2 primary factors that differentiate wheels (and much of the road world).

cynic-al
    Free Member

I asked how much more aero 36mm is over 24mm, for which I see you have no answer, other than Godwin’s Law nonsense 🙄

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

No, I replied to a previous poster about why Quattro over Ultegra, you took your usual eponymous stance and I explained that benefit or not, those were factors in consumers choosing products. I’m not some mouthpiece for the industry, just answering other posters questions.

I don’t own a wind tunnel, I do have Ultegra and LB 1300g wheels because I personally prefer and prioritise weight over aero.

What do you ride and why (genuine question as I’m intrigued given your opinions, not a troll).

Lawmanmx
    Free Member

I like (and bought) mine because they ‘roll well’ Lol
    and they are a bit bling for a cheaper end wheel, aero or weight mean nothing to me as im not a racer/stravasshole but I will say the 28mm tyres are more comfy on me Owd bones 8)

TheSanityAssassin

I had a quick nosey yesterday and got another set of Fulcrum Racing 5s for £135.00
    Can’t go wrong at that kind of money.
    BTW – the Quattros are £199.00 for the wheel set only (no tubes/tyres) at Ribble.

Lawmanmx
    Free Member

they are £180 at Merlin (no tyres or tubes)

cynic-al
    Free Member

I ride 32 stans alphas and tubeless fwiw.

Sorry I just like to question the marketing bs that pervades the industry…

I don’t agree with your perception of your comments but am happy to disagree about that.

greatbeardedone
    Free Member

Assuming you want to avoid shimano with their cup-n-cone bearings in favour of something with sealed cartridge bearings, then something from Halo?

Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)

The topic ‘PSA – budget road wheels’ is closed to new replies.