Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • PSA, Bristol SS bargain.
  • tthew

All the detail about it being 853 suggests it’s legit, only drawback I could see is the rear vee brake. I’d be on it if I was local.
    Saracen Kili.

argee

I’m close to Bristol and have no idea why you would pay 200 quid for a bike that looks like a 1950s postmans bike?

087seb
    Free Member

Yeah I wouldn’t call that a bargain, somebody might pay that much but I’ve seen plenty other single speeds like this go for less with better spec, discs etc

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    tthew

Oh, fair enough. I thought someone might appreciate a nice Pre-CEN steel frame and the P2 forks at that price.

cyclistm
    Free Member

I’m with you op. That’s a cracking bike and worth £200 all day long.

hatter

That’d make a smashing pub bike.

….when pubs are legal again anyway.

kerley
    Free Member

The frame is nice but the rest is all a bit crap really isn’t it so £200 seems a fair price but not a bargain.

qwerty
    Free Member

That wishbone rear end is lovely.

joshvegas
    Free Member

It’s the sort of bike I wouldn’t part with for less than 200 but equally wouldn’t buy it for that either.

lunge

Lovely frame and fork, not sure what I’d use it for, but if I was close buy I’d be interested.

nickjb
    Free Member

Hah! That’s mine. Really wasn’t sure about price but as mentioned I wouldn’t want it go for much less. I think it is pretty fair but open to offers. It is a really nice frame and fork. The frame is really pretty. The other bits mostly aren’t anything special. It would be great with nice classic bits on it but I don’t need a bike like that so moving it on as is.

Steelfreak
    Free Member

Apologies for the opportunistic stealth ad, but I’ve got a similar bike for sale in the classifieds, but geared and with a disc conversion by Argos. (‘Steel hardtail 26er’.)

ashmonkey
    Free Member

I’m in the “Lovely frame and fork” camp on this one. So much I’m having it. Well, my lad is as a year of riding the lanes and tracks around here on his full sus is wearing a bit thin.
    Will make a lovely winter SS bike..
    Work (keyworker) means I’m heading down the M4 anyway so some cunning timing and I dont think I’m breaching anything…

finbar
    Free Member

The wishbones on that era of Saracen Kili are divine.

Shame the (I assume) gorgeous metallic green paint and silver stickers didn’t survive.

ashmonkey
    Free Member

Cheers OP, it was a bargain and a very nice one too.
    Lockdown meant a faff/courier was needed, thanks for sorting it so nicely Nick.

The lad and I spent a good day in the sun yesterday fettling.

It’s inherited a SLX chainset and BB, new stem, bars, saddle, grips and front wheel, tyres on their way.
    Photos to come.
    Will try classifieds as now want a silver rear, 26″ wheel to match the front I found in the shed (Mavic, silver spokes)

It’s nippy, not unlike an older, steel version of my Cannondale trail 29ss

Sat here waiting for the snow to come then taking it out.

ashmonkey
    Free Member

Just started snowing (North Hampshire) ‘heads to snow thread’

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘PSA, Bristol SS bargain.’ is closed to new replies.