Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 81 total)
  • PSA Brewdog Sainsbury’s.
  • ElShalimo

@firestarter – the BrewDog guy is a proper bellend. Probably only peak O’Leary at RyanAir was worse.

roger_mellie

Beerhawk do some pleasing (to me) mixed cases,

like this one

The last one had vocation as a substitute.

firestarter
    Free Member

Oakham citra ipa ftw

jimdubleyou

Oakham citra ipa ftw

I think you meant for the bin, not ftw… 😉

As for Brewdog, James is a bit of a dick, but being party to additional info as a shareholder the company is doing more stuff right – and that shows in some of staff surveys etc that have come out recently.

Agree that some of the beer tastes rubbish, some of it’s lovely, but even as a shareholder I went with a different brewery’s advent offering last year (Tiny Rebel fwiw).

Not had much Vocation beer, but it seems to feature heavily in my local Tesco so I’ll take a look.

Might have a crack at Turning Point’s monthly beer club too.

mefty
    Free Member

If anyone owns the shares, I would recommend selling if you have the opportunity before everyone realizes the consequences of the venture capital investment.

jimdubleyou

If anyone owns the shares, I would recoomend selling if you have the opportunity before everyone realizes the consequences of the venture capital investment.

I’ve already recouped a very nice bike from selling some a couple of years ago, so they don’t owe me anything 🙂

Merak

I can safely say Lost Lager is the worst pilsner I’ve ever tasted. Rank rotten.

I’ll stick with the Anti Establishment from Laldi.

Brew Dog and their practices can GTF.

firestarter
    Free Member

Some of the brewdog sours are phenomenal

white101

Why not sign up to the emails from your own local breweries and support them, Januaryis a prime time to get loads of special offers from brewers who’ve gone brewing for the Xmas new year rush and have a selection of beers left they need to move on for storage space.

I’m a bit special (my own description admittedly) cos I’m GF (not through choice) but all my fave brewers who do great beer regardless of the fact the beer is GF or vegan or veggie or none of that have plenty of great offers on the go.

Check out Brass Castle fromMalton in North Yorkshire, the aforementioned Vocation from West Yorkshire, Bellfield in Edinburgh have deals on right now, Purity in th west mids, Loads of local brewers supplying local bars and employing local people make beer and need to sell off excess occasionally

Go explore like you would on ya bike!

frankconway

firedog – Brewdog sours do not stand comparison with German gose, Belgian lambics, Belgian geuze and American sours.
    Expand your horizons.
    Are you james watt or his mate, dickie the brewer?
    Any comments about Tactical Nuclear Penguin or Sink the Bismark?

trail_rat
    Free Member

Loads of local brewers supplying local bars and employing local people make beer

Like brewdog you mean….who along with 6 degrees north fierce and Burnside brewery are my locals.

Deeside brewery if you want something a bit more conventional.

white101

@trail_rat I guess if they are local and fit that remit then yes support them in the same way they support the local community, Fierce have a few beers I can drink, the rhubarb pale is a belter. I’ve not been in a brew dog pub I didn’t like the look of or atmosphere inside, I guess many people have the James Watt/Tim Martin ‘he’s a dick, sod him and his beer/pub’ attitude. That’s fine ( I’m def like that with Spoons) but plenty smaller breweries offer great beer and pubs that get overlooked, check them out, give em go and if you enjoy them tell people about them cos they might not have the same level of marketing budget that gets them the profile

firestarter
    Free Member

Frankconway I have lived a number of years in both Belgium and Germany how’s that for expanding my horizons, also lived in France, Switzerland and Norway too but don’t let that spoil your crap joke and attempt at showing how big and clever you are

ElShalimo

Chill out guys !

Have a beer and relax… oh wait 🤔🤔🤔

danposs86

Seeing as people are giving recommendations, two of my local favourites are:

Kirkby Lonsdale Brewery ( https://klbrewery.com/ )

and Farm Yard Brew Co – well worth a visit to their taproom ( https://www.farmyardbrew.co.uk/ )

firestarter
    Free Member

BTW the sours to which are refer are the guest ales they sell I don’t even think they do their own , but I cant be certain

onewheelgood

They built a whole new brewery to brew sours. Sours like these 

firestarter
    Free Member

Nice , ive tried loads from them over the years nearly all nice lol

darthpunk
    Free Member

I’m guessing you haven’t seen his announcement in the past day or so?

Just read the “announcement” – So basically Autism/ADHD is just now the get-out clause for people in positions of power to be dicks and get away with it.

“Sorry I rubbed myself up against you, the Aspergers made me do it, I’m the real victim in all of this because I don’t understand social cues”

fatmax

There’s a whole host of reasons to not like Brewdog (used to be a fan of their ethos and more quirky beers) and so avoid them at all costs now. In Edinburgh so have Stewart Brewing, Campervan and Pilot on my doorstep and currently have a thirst for North Brewing Co ‘Pinata’ and Northern Monk ‘Faith’ so no need to give them a penny. James Watt is a bellend.
    Always some in my fridge tho, as it’s what folk seem to bring to parties! 🤷‍♂️

fatmax

There’s a whole host of reasons to not like Brewdog (used to be a fan of their ethos and more quirky beers) and so avoid them at all costs now. In Edinburgh so have Stewart Brewing, Campervan and Pilot on my doorstep and currently have a thirst for North Brewing Co ‘Pinata’ and Northern Monk ‘Faith’ so no need to give them a penny. James Watt is a bellend.
    Always some in my fridge tho, as it’s what folk seem to bring to parties! 🤷‍♂️

pictonroad

Great thread, came for the brewdog, left with armfuls of vocation!

tuboflard

Vocation and Magic Rock for me usually. Occasionally some Thornbridge or Abbeydale too which are properly local to me in Sheffield. Will occasionally drink a Brewdog with my eyes shut if I’m desperate.

zilog6128

Magic Rock

were good before they sold out. Shite now 😂

Mister-P
    Free Member

Northern Monk Faith was on tap at my local recently. I’d forgotten how much I like it. Good choice @fatmax

ElShalimo

Northern Monk is in Leeds so localish for us

Buxton Brewery and Thornbridge make some great beers too. I’ve been Jaipur’d in the past. 😎

cheese@4p

Vocation lovers should also try Salopian brews e.g. Kashmere. Similar style and been doing it far longer than Vocation.

Mister-P
    Free Member

Jaipur is one of those beers that sneaks up on me. I’ll be drinking it feeling fine then my legs disappear. Marvellous.

ElShalimo

@Mister-P – you’ve been Jaipur’d !!

flyingpotatoes
    Free Member

Called in local my Waitrose. They were selling cans of vocation hop skip and juice for £3.50 a can.
    Not sure I’ll like it at that price.

ElShalimo

They must be 440ml.  You can usually find 4x 330ml packs for £6-7 in the supermarket

My Vocation care package arrived earlier. It’s going to be a great weekend

rockhopper70

Hop skip was £8 for a four pack at Sainsburys, the 440ml can. I did also notice that M&S have some own brand Vocation brewed beers in now.

onewheelgood

Life and Death is 2 fourpacks for a tenner at Tesco’s with a Clubcard. I’ve never had a Clubcard before, but they got me with that one. Faith is also in the 2 for £10 offer.

flyingpotatoes
    Free Member

Vocation care package lol. Yes it was a 440ml can.
    Thanks I’ll check Sainsburys as there’s one not too far away. Hopefully they have them in stock

trail_rat
    Free Member

Brewdog sours do not stand comparison with German gose, Belgian lambics, Belgian geuze and American sours.

urm. Yes they do – some even exceed. Which of the brewdog sours have you tried exactly to be making that fairly overarching statement.

Fwiw I visited 6 degrees north and fierce last night for a few 0% beverages off draft (driving) but shall be partaking in some hazy Jane at home tonight.

drlex
    Free Member

FWIW, Morrisons have a 2 for £10 on 4 packs of beer (330ml), and hop skip and juice is included. Sorry to denizens of Glastonbury for clearing the shelf of Vocation last month.

Mister-P
    Free Member

Tesco’s

Tesco. Why do people insist on calling it Tesco’s?

ElShalimo

@trail_rat

I’m not a fan of sours. I’ve had several from Vocation, Thornbridge and other breweries in pubs

Is there a gateway sour into the world of sours to help you appreciate them more?

I really like biere blanche and weißbier so it’s not a huge leap but still not had one I liked.

dissonance

Is there a gateway sour into the world of sours to help you appreciate them more?

Maybe siren calypso or pompelmocello but its definitely something you either have an innate liking for or have to work on.
    Chorlton used to be good for not over the top ones but ran into business problems.
    Maybe try a bottle shop for a selection and if it doesnt work give up.
    I would tend towards if you have tried a bunch and are not a fan then its time to give up. As I did with saisons.

onewheelgood

Tesco. Why do people insist on calling it Tesco’s?

Sorry.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 81 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.