Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 81 total)
  • PSA Brewdog Sainsbury’s.
  • zippykona

18 punk IPA for £15.

joshvegas
    Free Member

Even better brewdog PSA…

0 Punk IPA for £0

flyingpotatoes
    Free Member

Nice, I like the punk ipa.
    Having a break from them at the momemt as the ipa causes a gout flare up. Good price though

ElShalimo

I do like Punk IPA but BrewDog’s shenanigans e.g. marketing scams, bullying, gold cans etc. makes me think I don’t want to give those idiots a penny. I’d rather buy local beer or beer from people who aren’t bullshitting bullies etc.

danposs86

Pretty sure BrewDog has been cancelled on STW.

seriousrikk

Other PSA

16x Vocation Life or Death for £20 on Amazon

winston
    Free Member

Whilst I’m not really a fan of the guy who runs the company, if the stuff tasted good then I’d probably ahem swallow my scruples……but its awful!  Tastes like fizzy pop

So my PSA would be 6 x Punk IPA for £0   Free to collector. Left in my fridge by a New Years Eve guest who did the classic turn up with some shite and drink all my good stuff………

rockhopper70

Slightly off topic, HUKD had the brew dog advent calendar so 24 mixed cans for £19.99 delivered by Discount Dragon,

Plumped for a pack so I can take beers to friends houses when they have parties.

Then drink their nice stuff…

😂😂😂

jonnyrockymountain

Vocation life and death better than any brew dog even the proper original Elvis juice

frankconway

Vocation over Brew Dog every time.
    Buy direct from the brewery; their imperial kirsch is sublime – and 11%!

ransos
    Free Member

Pretty sure BrewDog has been cancelled on STW.

I must’ve missed the memo. People can choose who they give their money to, it’s not like there’s a shortage of craft breweries.

fazzini
    spacemonkey

I do like Punk IPA but BrewDog’s shenanigans e.g. marketing scams, bullying, gold cans etc. makes me think I don’t want to give those idiots a penny. I’d rather buy local beer or beer from people who aren’t bullshitting bullies etc.

… I’m not really a fan of the guy who runs the company… Tastes like fizzy pop

Yup. I avoid Brewdog for all of those reasons. Plenty of better options out there.

binman

As above.

Would leave a bad taste.

IHN

BrewDog’s shenanigans e.g. marketing scams, bullying, gold cans etc. makes me think I don’t want to give those idiots a penny. I’d rather buy local beer or beer from people who aren’t bullshitting bullies etc.

Yeah, this, plus the beer tastes like petrol.

ElShalimo

Do you like Lilt ?

Do you like beer ?

Why not try their lovechild….

zilog6128

I’ve liked BD since day 1 and still drink their beer (never have to buy it though, seems to be the default beer choice for me for chrimbo presents etc 😂) but agree they’re too big for their boots now & would rather support smaller/local breweries. (Plus the sharp business practices & actions of JW are not cool.)

I remember when their “Abstrakt” range was genuinely pushing the boundaries of beer, doesn’t seem to be a thing any more – why is it when breweries get bigger they actually take less risks & just concentrate on making money I.e. beers that sell not experimental/fun stuff? You’d think it would be the other way around!

(The same thing might happen to Vocation one day, although I hope not!)

rockhopper70

Vocation Hop Skip and Juice is very nice, bought a four back just this weekend gone. Fairly crazy money on draft though, luckily I’m mid-way between their bars in Halifax and Hebden, but £6.30/pint is a bit rich for me.

Bread & Butter, that’s my go to from Vocation.

Or Crush Hour

Heart & Soul too

And Day Trip

ElShalimo

@rockhopper70 – if you’re local you could pop up to Craggs business park and go to Little Valley brewery.  They’re really nice people and make great beer in bottles, 9L or 18L boxes.

I know you can get some of their beers in supermarkets but at the brewery you can easily get all of them.  Hebden’s Wheat is a cracker!

tpbiker
    Free Member

Not only does it taste like piss but the owner is a dick

Sainsburys also sell tempest. Regular supporter of tweedlove and a company run by an avid mtb’er. And imo it tastes much better as well. A much better choice

rockhopper70

EL, I didn’t know they had a shop up there, but I’ve had their Tod Blonde and rather enjoyed it. I may need to call in next time I’m at Craggies.

ElShalimo

If you get a box of any 12 beers  it’s roughly the same cost as the supermarkets and all the money goes to them

IHN

Not only does it taste like piss but the owner is a dick

Beautifully put 🙂

BoardinBob

the owner is a dick

I’m guessing you haven’t seen his announcement in the past day or so?

zilog6128

mrlebowski
    Free Member

BD too sweet for me – tastes like alcopops!

IHN

I’ve just looked for it, and see that he’s announced that he’s got autism/aspergers/ADHD. Whilst those are very real conditions that can compromise judgement and behaviour in social situations, it is also entirely possible to have those conditions and still be a dick, the former doesn’t necessarily excuse (or even explain, however convenient that might be) the latter. See, also, Mr E Musk.

ElShalimo

I guess that’s a reference to how he’s going to exploit his self-proclaimed ADHD diagnosis?

edward2000
    Free Member

BrewCrap

IdleJon

BrewCrap

Witty AND pithy! I particularly like the clever play on words. 😀

Mister-P
    Free Member

The beer that always amazes me as to its popularity is Beavertown. It’s owned and mass produced by Heineken but still commands a higher price as if it’s something a bit special and niche.

BoardinBob

It’s owned and mass produced by Heineken but still commands a higher price as if it’s something a bit special and niche

It was bought over by Heineken. Prior to that it was a small independent company.

zilog6128

Prior to that it was a small independent company.

Right. But now it isn’t? 😂 I think is the point.

halifaxpete

Neck Oil seems to be everywhere now, I like it though its my default on tap choice in the absence of Vocation. I do buy Brewdog for home mostly TBH, Mainly cos its good value, nice (IMO) and I’m poor. I know the owner a dick but many succesful things are owner by dicks its the way of the world.

dissonance

Buy direct from the brewery; their imperial kirsch is sublime – and 11%!

They have a sale for the next week as well.
    Some fairly hefty discounts

ransos
    Free Member

Right. But now it isn’t? 😂 I think is the point.

Dunno, if it still tastes better than average then I guess it justifies a higher price.

rockhopper70

I’ve succumbed to the Vocation sale,

Basket was £63, but even as I procrastinated over other types, two went out of stock and out of my basket, so I’ve pulled the trigger on £53 basket. Nice free gift pint glass included.

mattyfez

I do like some of the Vocation stuff … and…

Do you like Lilt ?

Do you like beer ?

Why not try their lovechild….

Well I think I’m gonna have to sample that!

firestarter
    Free Member

Some moaning fannies on here christ, if you don’t like it don’t buy it , if I avoided every company that had a dick as a boss I’d never get anything done

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 81 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.