Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • PSA: Bradley Wiggins writing a regular column in the Guardian
  • binners

here

Should be interesting. Seeing as himself and the rest of the team have such a quiet, uneventful year in front of them. Having read his biography, I like his writing. A lot less terminally bland than most sportsfolk

The one off articles last month were worth reading too

more Brad stuff

nice piccies

AlexSimon

I’m a fan of the man, and I guess if you want to win, you’ve got to believe in yourself, but I do cringe a bit when he talks like this.

I much prefer to read that they are taking it one step at a time and are trying to do everything right and then they’ll see how they do.

I’m really looking forward to his Algarve and Paris-Nice performances though.

(I’m currently looking for Live Oman footage, but it looks like I’ve got to settle for daily highlights).

binners

Alex. I know what you mean. Have you read his biography? If not, I’d recommend it. Its quite raw. He had a bloody hard upbringing. And the stuff about his dad is fascinating. He sounds like an utter loon! And the insight into ‘pro’ cycling ‘back in the day’ – amphetamines and punch ups, it seems – is really interesting

He’s a picture of modesty compared to some though. I couldn’t get more than a few chapters into Lance Armstrong’s. Fair play for what he achieved, but It seemed the whole thing book could be summarised by repeating the phrase “d’ya know what? I’m ****ing great, me!”

AlexSimon

I haven’t read Brad’s book. I might try and get a copy actually.
    I’ve read a few interviews where he mentions his dad – he does indeed sound like a loon.

I’ve got no time for Lance – no chance of me giving his book ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘PSA: Bradley Wiggins writing a regular column in the Guardian’ is closed to new replies.