Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • PSA; Barry Sheene 9pm bbc2
  • augustuswindsock

Racing Legend!

wrightyson
    Free Member

Worth a bump!

aka_Gilo
    Free Member

Cheers. Recorder set.

binners

Cheers. Recording set. I’m old enough to remember when we used to have traffic police instead of speed cameras. The amount of times I’ve been pulled with the opening words ‘and who do we think we are sir? Barry Sheene?’ 🙂

Bustaspoke
    Free Member

Nostalgia,years ago I got pulled on my 250LC & was asked “where do you think you are,Brands Hatch”?This wasn’t in Kent but Wigan! 😀

Chest_Rockwell
    Free Member

I didn’t realise it was another one of those Racing Legends shows where it is more about the celeb who fronts it than the man himself.

Sorry to sound like a grumpy so and so but why can’t they just do a straight-up documentary which isn’t some dumbed-down ego-trip where a celeb gets to play dress up?

Barry Sheene could easily be the subject of a movie like Ayrton Senna but no, we get the Hello magazine version.

Rant over…

aka_Gilo
    Free Member

binners – Member
    Cheers. Recording set. I’m old enough to remember when we used to have traffic police instead of speed cameras. The amount of times I’ve been pulled with the opening words ‘and who do we think we are sir? Barry Sheene?’

+1

spacemonkey

Is this a repeat of the docu shown a year or two ago? That was a pretty good piece IIRC and I’ll be recording tonight’s anyway.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

T

he amount of times I’ve been pulled with the opening words ‘and who do we think we are sir? Barry Sheene?’

Never heard that one, when I were a lad it was, ‘who do you think you are sir, Stirling Moss/John Surtees?
    Showing my age.

Russell96

Dam that brought back some memories, really enjoyed it.

Chest_Rockwell
    Free Member

Too much Vic Reeves. Not enough Barry, Ago and King Kenny.

augustuswindsock

A mate swears blind that after a cop pulled him over on his LC and came out with the line he replied; ‘what, that old fart, I could piss all over him on this!’

toppers3933
    Free Member

Can’t believe its that long since he died. Seems like yesterday
    I though it was a pretty good programme. I’d rather have that programme about Barry Sheene than no programmes about him.

Crell
    Free Member

Yep, watching Reeves limp around a few tracks and Parrish killed it. The bits with Sheene and Roberts were great. Some nice interviews as well with King Kenny.

jimster01

I thought the programme was quite good,pity about vic doing a lap,but then if I were in the same position wouldn’t you? Honestly??

Bustaspoke
    Free Member

I enjoyed the programme,sure I’d prefer less Vic & more race footage or interviews with Sheene’s contemporaries but I can’t blame Vic Reeves for seizing the opportunity to ride the 500.I’d love to have been in Vic Reeves shoes :mrgreen:
    I’m surprised no one’s made a film of Sheenes life,he certainly lived it!

It reminded me why I don’t own a television.
    Too much celebrity presenter, not enough subject.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘PSA; Barry Sheene 9pm bbc2’ is closed to new replies.