Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • PSA Bargain 3T road seatpost
  • iainc

setback ionic one here at CRC.

Just ordered one for CDF, looks a good deal for a 27.2

krixmeister

For what it’s worth, I have two 3T seatposts (30.6, not 27.2) – one an Ionic and one a Team Dorico. Both work perfectly, but both are creakier than a really creaky thing. Especially the Ionic – I find the seat adjuster mechanism to be a real faff, and only stays creak-free for a week or two after (regular) cleaning.

Having said that – will reiterate that they have been otherwise good seatposts.

honourablegeorge

Not much of a recommendation, then – other than having a fiddly clamp that creaks, it’s done a good job of being a pipe.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Seatpost’s with that style of clamp are always super shit.

Two bolt such as a Deda or Fizik is the only way to go.

iainc

Oh well !

I was going to pop it on the CDF and move the 3T stylus (which doesn’t creak) from the CDF to track bike. Guess I’ll just put the Ionic one onto track bike where there is no dirt !

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Send it back for free for a refund?!

I was gonna get a 3T Dorico some time ago, due to the big setback number. Apparently they can have issues aswell, but they look a better design. Cheap here http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/3T-Dorico-Pro-Design-Sattelstutze-schwarz-weiss-27-2mm-x-350-mm-NEU-/371463843507?hash=item567cf86eb3:g:mw4AAOSwEeFVJ5U8

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

got the carbon Ionic inline with the funky seatclamp; it creaked, greased all the mating surfaces in the head, it doesn’t creak any more. Agree it’s a bit of a faff design and I prefer simpler 2-bolts (and Felt road bikes seem to use the same head on their own-brand posts – guess they’re made by 3T and rebranded).

I assumed the creaky faffness is why it’s reduced…

iainc

Thanks for feedback, I have just ordered a layback Deda for half the price and will put it on track bike, and return the Ionic one 😀

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘PSA Bargain 3T road seatpost’ is closed to new replies.