• This topic has 7 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by Drac.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • PSA: Apple TV now on Samsung TVs
  • Drac

Not sure of the model coverage but Apple TV app has been released on Samsung Smart TVs.

https://www.macrumors.com/2019/05/16/airplay-2-tv-app-samsung-tv/

P-Jay
    Free Member

Hmmm, as a former Apple TV user, I really wonder what value having a UI within an UI is going to do for people, well unless they like buying content via iTunes I suppose.

I quiet liked ours, but when the TV packed in and we replaced it with a smart TV I didn’t even consider keeping it, the nice parts about it were pretty much all hardware based.

jam-bo

in theory mine is compatible but it doesn’t seem to have got the firmware update yet.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Drac

Just found it does airplay too.

For me it means I can remove my Apple TV box and have easy access from on system, not sure what about the nice part being the hardware. It seems to upgraded some of my library to 4k too which otherwise would involve replacing my old one.

Drac

in theory mine is compatible but it doesn’t seem to have got the firmware update yet.

Might roll out I have mine set to auto upgrade spotted the app was available this am.

jam-bo

i’ll have a look tonight but it wasn’t there on saturday when I checked for updates.

P-Jay
    Free Member

not sure what about the nice part being the hardware

The remote (so you can scroll rather than move via button) and speed of use. If it’s running on less powerful hardware it might be a slow and clunky as smart TVs from a few years ago.

Drac

The remote (so you can scroll rather than move via button) and speed of use. If it’s running on less powerful hardware it might be a slow and clunky as smart TVs from a few years ago.

Ah! Right that’s possible with the Samsung smart remote but it’s not much of a ballache with the normal one, the response seems quick as it’s on newer TVs.

i’ll have a look tonight but it wasn’t there on saturday when I checked for updates.

No idea when mine upgraded I’ve hardly been in the house since last Monday.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘PSA: Apple TV now on Samsung TVs’ is closed to new replies.