Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • PSA: Anyone need some cheap brakes?
  • PJay
    Free Member

I don’t know how good Tektro HDC-300 disc brakes are, but CRC currently have them at £15.99 an end (80% off) in a rather fetching blue (they’d probably look nice on my Swift if I needed new brakes).

Might be handy for cheap builds or little people’s bikes.

verses

Worth noting that they’re set up “continental”, Left-hand Front and Right-hand Rear rather than normal UK way round.

Rear is 11.99 and Front is 15.99.

PJay
    Free Member

Ah right, I hadn’t spotted that, quite a saving if they’re any good.

DezB
    Free Member

Cheers, gonna grab one for m singlespeed as the ancient XTRs on it leak quite badly. I’ll report back it the swap to UK stylee is easy!

nixie

Nice, looks like one of the other models they are binning out has the caliper used by the giant conduct system (for less than giant wat and you get a spare hose!).

scotroutes

Ta. Just ordered a pair off Wiggle. Mineral Oil so suits everything else I have.

I was about to order some compressionless outer for a set of BB7s but this might be a better option.

wzzzz
    Free Member

I got a pair of Shimano M365 for £28 posted last month

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32921538209.html

Genuine article and came quickly too.

vinnyeh

Both ends are 11.99 at wiggle. They’ve  cheapDeore 2x chainsets as well, 34.95, if anyone’s interested. At least, I think they’re cheap.

MSP

perfect, just what I need for bike I want to sell

robo89
    Free Member

Got the blue draco auriga ones for a fixing up an old bike, simple swap over with the hoses as they need shortening anyway. Came with rotors and adapters and all the bolts £23.98 for all that, amazing. No box just bubble wrapped.

chrisdavids

Thanks for this PSA.  £20.10 with new customer discount gets 2 callipers and levers nicely bled, 2 rotors, mounts and bolts. Hopefully they will be ok to swap front for back cable.

kimbers

Does anyone know if the draco ones have reach adjust ?

@robo89
    ?

scotroutes

Great PSA, thanks

robo89
    Free Member

Grub screw reach adjust on the piston rod going through the black barrel on the lever blade, just visible on picture. A bit late, sorry.

endomick
    Free Member

I’ve got some spare tektro olive & inserts, 2 of each posted £2.50

nixie

For reference these do have the correct caliper for the giant conduct system.

chrisdavids

Endomick I’ll take a pair. Will message you shortly.

thanks

chris

IvanMTB
    Free Member

normal UK way round.

LOL!!!

Always makes me chuckle when I’m reading such a bold statement 😀

Cheers!
    I.

shermer75
    Free Member

So they take the same pads as Shimano Deore?

bikerevivesheffield

yes

bruceandhisbonus
    Free Member

These seem ridiculously cheap – are they actually any good? Suitable for some techy downhill or just for pootling about the countryside?

Want some new brakes for my 2016 voodoo bizango and assumed I would be spending a fair bit more.

verses

Always makes me chuckle when I’m reading such a bold statement 😀

I meant to imply “the way round that’s normal for the UK”, as opposed to other ways being abnormal…

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘PSA: Anyone need some cheap brakes?’ is closed to new replies.