Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 79 total)
  • PSA Any Costa coffee for 50p
  • flyingpotatoes

For 3 days you can get any coffee from Costa for 50p. Includes syrups and any milk preference.

You have to use the app and scan the code for all drinks 50p.

It’s going on for 3 days, today being the second.

You can get upto 5 coffees per day.

I’m going to be wired all day now.

martinhutch

Getting your customers to mainline five mochofrappawhotsits in a working day is probably the best way to put them off Costa coffee for life. 🙂

My lad’s schoolmates were wandering around feeling very rough yesterday afternoon, he says.

MoreCashThanDash

They’ve picked the only 3 days this week I can’t use it….

eddiebaby
    Free Member

They did say they hate you, 😁

molgrips
    Free Member

Just popped in to check the coffee snobs were around, and they are 😉

Kryton57

That’s made my £3.79 Starbucks cappicino feel lukewarm…

grum
    Free Member

How do you make it cost £3.79?!

Just popped in to check the coffee snobs were around, and they are

🙋🏻‍♂️

There has been a lockdown ‘proper’ coffee boom like all other home comforts/luxuries – wonder if the big chains will genuinely see sales go back to previous levels now more people have realised their coffee is mediocre at best.

(How did I do molgrips?)

weeksy

Make it in a building that costs £50,000 a year in rent, staffed by £20,000 a year employees, using electricty and machinery that needs purchasing ?

grum
    Free Member

I actually meant did he add extras to this drink cos I didn’t think it was that expensive, but thanks for the mansplain of how business works weeksy 😘

molgrips
    Free Member

wonder if the big chains will genuinely see sales go back to previous levels now more people have realised their coffee is mediocre at best.

Of course not, for the same reason pubs still sell lots of Carling and similar.

There’s a place in the market for big chains selling mundane stuff, just as there is for niche places. The relative market share may vary though.

There are two Costas within walking distance from my house, and you can get to the Starbucks at the service station if you want to go through the hole in the fence. But otherwise, those are our options.

If good independents are successful (and are easy to find amongst all the shite independents) then the chains will have to start offering more quality/niche options.

Kryton57

I’m a captive audience trapped in Center Parcs where Starbucks are the coffee franchise. As I’m on hols I thought I’d treat myself…

But only once, I brought my own coffee and an aeropress with me. 🙂

MoreCashThanDash

They did say they hate you

You’d be paranoid as well if everyone hated you

richardkennerley

It was so popular yesterday it crashed the app and they were really struggling to apply the discount in the shop!

martinhutch

Just popped in to check the coffee snobs were around

Snob? I’m sure one four quid frothy coffee from Costa is just delicious. My point was about necking five of them in one day…

rossburton
    Free Member

Our Costa applies the discount if you wave the card, no need to faff with the app…

As a ploy it works: I’ve had breakfast at costa twice now. Damn them!

allanoleary
    Free Member

Thanks for that. I’ll be taking my daughter there on the way home from the woods then.

sirromj

Thankfully I don’t need an app on my phone to use my coffee machine and bean grinder 😁

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

Thankfully I don’t need an app on my phone to use my coffee machine and bean grinder

I’d imagine lugging a small genny with you to power them is much less convenient for a social(y distanced) cup whilst walking round town though no?

alwillis

Damn! Drove Swindon-Manchester-Liverpool-Queensferry-Swindon on Monday and had to buy full priced caffeine, now I’m sat at home without a costa for 5miles it’s silly cheap.

sirromj

I’d imagine lugging a small genny with you to power them is much less convenient for a social(y distanced) cup whilst walking round town though no?

No it all makes for the authentic artisan coffee experience!

RobHilton
    Free Member

I’m a captive audience trapped in Center Parcs where Starbucks are the coffee franchise. As I’m on hols I thought I’d treat myself…

One the one hand Centre Parcs – way-hey-hey!!

On the other, how shit is your coffee life that Starbucks is a treat? 😷😷

MoreCashThanDash

On the other, how shit is your coffee life that Starbucks is a treat?

Starbucks – making Costa taste good since 1995

zippykona

Our local Costa has a zero health rating due to not having hot water for hand washing

Daffy

I prefer Starbucks to Costa. Costa seems to have a mellower house blend (which is fine for an Americano) and seems to put MUCH emphasis on cakes, syrups, milks, etc. Starbucks house blend has a bit more punch and goes better as a flat white or a lesser extent a latte. Starbucks also have better food.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

If good independents are successful (and are easy to find amongst all the shite independents) then the chains will have to start offering more quality/niche options.

Motorway services aside (because they’re far more likely IME to be rubbish). This is the problem.

Everyone loves a Sunday clubrun to a cafe somewhere. Very rarely do you get a coffee that’s actually better than the big chains though? It’s still made by whoever is behind the counter, it’s still that strange halfway froth between a latte and a cappuccino regardless of which you ask for, it still tastes either over expressed or of nothing.

Maybe there are some shops that’ll test the water temperature, time the shots, have their pressure gauges calibrated by UKAS, and adjust all those to get the perfect espresso for each type of coffee that the customer asks for, and have genuinely found a better source of coffee beans for each of them too. But after 4 hours on the motorway there’s something to be said for a large Gregs Latte and breakfast roll for £2.70. It’s a treat, it’s not the best, but at least it’s consistent.

I prefer Starbucks to Costa. Costa seems to have a mellower house blend (which is fine for an Americano) and seems to put MUCH emphasis on cakes, syrups, milks, etc. Starbucks house blend has a bit more punch and goes better as a flat white or a lesser extent a latte. Starbucks also have better food.

Nero for me. Costa’s nice enough. Starbucks just tastes like they’ve burnt the beans.

MrSmith
    Free Member

a large Gregs Latte and breakfast roll for £2.70. It’s a treat

you O.K hun?
    Have you been chained to a radiator for years? should we call social services? GoFundMe page for donations?

molgrips
    Free Member

Mate, you’re not using electricity are you? What you need is a wood fired coffee machine and don’t forget your £100 axe for chopping the wood.

molgrips
    Free Member

I like the burnt (aka dark roast) beans with full fat milk. It’s fantastic. Costa or Nero coffee won’t cut through well.

flyingpotatoes

Some next level lols on this thread.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

you O.K hun?
    Have you been chained to a radiator for years? should we call social services? GoFundMe page for donations?

Like I said, beats the 505/50 coinflip disappointment of independent shops after hours of driving looking forward to something (that and they’re usually somewhere with parking).

A bit like Mike Hall only eating McDonalds, it’s nicer to think about something you want sometimes and not be disappointed.

That said, McDonalds coffee is to be avoided at all costs.

It’s like knowing how to brew your own perfect beer.

But still being happy to drink Hobgoblin or Newcastle Brown despite the recipe changes.

onewheelgood

That said, McDonalds coffee is to be avoided at all costs.

I prefer McDonald’s to Starbucks. Best chain is Nero’s, then Costa. But I’m lucky, we’ve got quite a few independents around here, some of whom are pretty good.

RustySpanner

Your hedge.
    Get.
    It.
    Cut.

finbar
    Free Member

I prefer McDonald’s to Starbucks. Best chain is Nero’s, then Costa. But I’m lucky, we’ve got quite a few independents around here, some of whom are pretty good.

Pret filter is my chain-store coffee of choice. And it’s always only 50p if you bring your own mug 🙂 .

MoreCashThanDash

Now I’ve always felt Starbucks was the mellower one but a friend suggested they may have tweaked it?

Gregg’s or McDonald’s breakfast deals are hard to beat, but a Costa breakfast wrap is a thing of beauty with a hangover.

Currently stuck at home but enjoying a cup of La Nina de Guatamala from 200° done in the aeropress ☕

thenorthwind

Mate, you’re not using electricity are you? What you need is a wood fired coffee machine and don’t forget your £100 axe for chopping the wood.

Pfft you’re both doing it wrong.

https://briping.com/

/end of hipster one-upping

(and why drink it walking through town when you can drink it in a FOREST wearing a check shirt)

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

(and why drink it walking through town when you can drink it in a FOREST wearing a check shirt)

Because I can’t do catalogue poses without spilling my espresso.

RustyNissanPrairie

Great – more Costacrap to pick up from **** who can’t use a litter bin

scaredypants

hypothetically, obvz – will that bripe thing double up for doing crack ?

molgrips
    Free Member

I dunno, I thought that pipe was a spoof because it looks so much like a crack pipe. Seriously people.

Kudos to @thenorthwind for finding something so utterly **** though. What else is in your ad stream? Got any more gems?

grum
    Free Member

hypothetically, obvz – will that bripe thing double up for doing crack ?

Only if it’s single origin artisanal crack.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 79 total)

The topic ‘PSA Any Costa coffee for 50p’ is closed to new replies.