Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • PSA: Another Polaris sale
  • Stoner
    Free Member

massive discounts on a small range of stock. But have re-kitted Mrs S for winter for <£30.

http://www.polaris-bikewear.co.uk/category-s/1462.htm

3/4 (ladies) cycle shorts for £3!
    warmers for £3 too.
    Light shell for £10

scotroutes

Permasale Polaris.

Once on their mailing list it seems there’s one a week. I’m not complaining though. The items I’ve bought have all been excellent.

cp

thanks for the tip off, perfect timing!

lunge

Any ideas how things size up?
    I’m basically tall and skinny, 6’4″, 38″ chest, 42″ waist, 35″ leg, as ever I seem to sit anywhere between an XL and a medium for shorts and bibs. Arm warmers look good but do I do long and baggy or too short but stay up?!?!

Stoner
    Free Member

I’m basically tall and skinny, 6’4″, 38″ chest, 42″ waist, 35″ leg

You’re a weeble.
    No clothes will ever fit you except for dungarees!
    But you’ll never fall…

lunge

hang on, that’s a type, 34″ waist, sorry!

scotroutes

I’m basically tall and skinny, 6’4″, 38″ chest, 42″ waist, 35″ leg

That had to be a typo.

ehrob

Has anyone used the bike bag? Tempted for £170.

nbt

I ordered some stuff a couple of weeks ago

Venom scale cycling top, size small
    venom arm warmers, s/m
    venom leg warmers, s/m

I’m 5’9″, 70kg, 32″ waist, 36″ chest

the scale cycling top fits perfectly. Glad I ordered two, they’ve immediately become my go-to top

the leg warmers seem just about perfect, the gripper at the top is quite tight but the rest of them fit perfecty

the gripper strip on the arm warmers is perfect, so the actual material is quite loose fitting.

lunge

nbt, how long are the arm warmers, not actual measured length but do they feel a bit long/short on your or are they a bit short?

km79
    Free Member

Has anyone used the bike bag? Tempted for £170.

Me too. Just been reading a couple of positive reviews on Dirt and Pinkbike. Don’t really need one just now but will come in handy next year.

ehrob

Am heading to White Room week after next – actually talking myself into it to avoid the usual bike box stress and hassle.

nbt

Lunge, possibly a little long, but loose so they’re not in the way

hammyuk
    Free Member

Cheeky when an order is well north of £100 they want another load for shipping when I can’t think of a single other online store that charges in that price range!

Mowgli
    Free Member

Excellent, just stocked up on commuting kit. Cheers!

Tracey

Our daughter has the bike bag, so far this year it has taken a 29er Enduro and most of her gear to Madeira, Morzine, Aspen and at the moment is in Whistler. Its very well constructed with loads of padding. We looked at the Evoc but couldnt justify the price difference. We paid £150 for it in a previous sale.
    One of the bike mags did a review of it and Polaris had a video to show how it packs.
    Would recomend it.

ehrob

I took the plunge on the bike bag. 180 delivered seems pretty decent for something that’s pretty well reviewed and should do a few trips.

shredlyjoe82
    Free Member

A few friends used the Polaris Bag for Whistler last year and couldn’t fault it so I’ve only heard good things! My old bag is hanging on in there at the moment! BUT…very tempted for next year

Hammyuk, are you talking about the bike bags shipping? I don’t think £10 is bad for next day couriered delivery.. not a small item 😕 , their standard free shipping starts at £75 I think ….

spacemonkey

Nice PSA OP.

Order placed 30 mins ago and just received shipping confirmation email.

Always had excellent experiences with Polaris thus far.

bigdaddy

Good psa – I ordered a jersey and socks at the weekend as other stuff was out of stock – today I’ve ordered shorts and tights for £20! Nice one!

matt_outandabout

Cheers OP – and again add that our last order of Polaris kit was well made and nicely cut.

hammyuk
    Free Member

Nope – talking about some bottoms, a messenger, socks, etc.
    Zero option for fifteen delivery unless it’s store pick up

shredlyjoe82
    Free Member

hammyuk – that seems strange 😕 I’ve just been looking at a few bits and it offers me Royal Mail 3-5 days free… worth speaking to their online team I’ve always found them helpful with issues

cp

Cheeky when an order is well north of £100 they want another load for shipping when I can’t think of a single other online store that charges in that price range!

it’s free over 75 or something, but luggage is excluded I think I read earlier.

cp

My stuff arrived today, very good fit and feel really well made. Impressed! I had some Polaris kit back in the day which I really liked, but been nearly two decades since I last had some. I’ll certainly be acquiring some more.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

I’ve always liked Polaris gear & still do. Had a couple of sets of the old shorts with the ‘built in’ padding that suited me just fine. No longer available in my short arsed fit by the looks of it!

scotroutes

I actually think they might do better reducing their prices a little on a permanent basis than the constant yo-yoing of sale/not sale pricing. All the stuff I’ve bought has been excellent vfm.

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘PSA: Another Polaris sale’ is closed to new replies.