Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 90 total)
  • PSA- Altered Carbon on Netflix
  • codybrennan
    Free Member

I’m watching the first episode just now.

Hopefully it will live up to my expectations.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Just had to google the show, first hit was the sun’s PHWOAR review

Cougar

Hardly a PSA if you’ve not watched  it yet!

It’s on my radar, looks very good from the trailer.

squirrelking
    Free Member

I read the book a while back, looking forward to it.

vinnyeh

<p I’m watching the first episode just now.</p>

Is it a bad sign that you’re posting while watching?

Mixed reviews on this, I enjoyed the books, but hoping that it’s not going to be a case of style over substance.

Russell96

It exceeded my expectations, they have done a brilliant job at transferring the book onto the screen. Looking forward episode 2 tonight.

mikey74
    Free Member

It got a terrible review on Empire.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

It’s unbelievable.

As in unbelievably shite.

olddog

Watched fiest episode. Very pretty but some really poor acting (or scripted dialogue or both). Will give it another episode see if it goes anywhere

funkmasterp

Love the book trilogy but found the first two episodes a bit naff. Main guy is not how I imagined Takeshi Kovacs at all. I’ll keep watching though, see if it improves. It’s about time somebody made the culture novels in to a tv show

codybrennan
    Free Member

“It’s about time somebody made the culture novels in to a tv show”

Absolutely.

eulach

“It’s about time somebody made the culture novels in to a tv show”

Absolutely.

I’d be quite interested in your ideas as to how this could be done.

The Expanse kind of works – I haven’t seen Altered Carbon yet but they were written with the possibility of a screenplay adaption in mind.

MSP

I was surprised to see the return of max headroom.

nickc

It’s absolutely terrible. Z rate acting, it rips off bladerunner shamelessly and it’s an excuse for tits and arse

vondally
    Free Member

Better than Sense 8.

athgray
    Free Member

I thought it was about a detective created from the DNA fusion of Hugo Weaving and Brendan Fraser.

squirrelking
    Free Member

culture wouldn’t work, how would you even begin to personify a mind never mind make the likes of the Interesting Times Gang work?

Nights Dawn trilogy would work. Practically a 3 season screenplay already.

Anyway I’m not sure how Altered Carbon is a shameless Blade Runner rip off, other than being a detective in the future it doesn’t share much else with the latter, pretty sure it would have been shredded long before now.

funkmasterp

<span style=”color: #444444; font-size: 16px; -webkit-text-size-adjust: auto; background-color: #eeeeee;”>Nights Dawn trilogy would work. Practically a 3 season screenplay already.</span>

That would make a great series.

Culture could work. Most novels could be televised using the long form TV series format. It’s just that it would need a mammoth budget and the right director.

although Altered Carbon (the TV series) isn’t great I don’t get the Blade Runner comparisons. Visually speaking they are similar, but that’s it.

hols2
    Free Member

it’s an excuse for tits and arse

Thanks for the warning. I’ll be sure to tell all my mates.

rone

Watch Manhunt:Unabomber instead – a great companion piece to Mindhunter. Extremely well put together with hardly any t&a or effing and jeffing (which made a change!)

Pure obsession on the part of Jim Fitzgerld, an FBI agent profiling the killer using his typography.

seosamh77
    Free Member

i like it, good imo.

Drac

Not fantastic but perfectly entertainig and stunning visuals.

5thElefant
    Free Member

Stunning visuals. Wonderful setting. Utterly tedious.

Cougar

it’s an excuse for tits and arse

Not fantastic but perfectly entertainig and stunning visuals.

sirromj

Read the book a while back, will give it a go…

jonnyboi

I find the main character utterly wooden in whatever role he plays.

rs
    Free Member

Was I the only one expecting this to be an expose on the carbon bike frame industry?

funkmasterp

I’m starting to like it more, but would have been better with a different lead actor. The good thing is that if they make the other books he’s in different bodies.

Drac

Thanks for that Funkmasterp. 🙄

MSP

It was rather sleazy and nasty, in both story and presentation, it was completely joyless from beginning to end, it just left me feeling rather horrible (and that is not including the awful acting).

funkmasterp

<span style=”color: #444444; font-size: 16px; -webkit-text-size-adjust: auto; background-color: #eeeeee;”>Thanks for that Funkmasterp. 🙄</span>

Not really a spoiler to be fair consider the overall plot of the series. Sleeve swapping is where it’s at and means a second series just might have an actual actor playing Kovacs rather than a 2 x 4

flange
    Free Member

Started watching this on the train this morning. First scene isn’t ideal when you’re on a packed train…

footflaps

>Better than Sense 8.

That wouldn’t be difficult, truly painful to watch. Binned it after ep 3.

>I find the main character utterly wooden in whatever role he plays.

Is he the guy from the last season of House of Cards, the PTSD wannabe president?

Drac

Not really a spoiler to be fair consider the overall plot of the series.

Except giving away the fact that he gets a new sleeve or indeed requires one.

jonnyboi

Is he the guy from the last season of House of Cards, the PTSD wannabe president?

that’s the one, a tiny head on a massive body. He was awful in suicide squad as well, and to stand out as poor in that movie is quite the achievement.

miketually
    Free Member

I quite liked episode one, but I’ve also enjoyed Van Helsing and really liked Sense8 so…

DezB
    Free Member

From IMDB –

<i>Plot Keywords: camera shot of hand | camera shot of bare feet | two women in a shower | lesbian kiss | face tattoo | See All (63) »</i>

😆

Denis99
    Free Member

Had a look and watched the first two episodes, won’t be going any further with it.

Pretty naff….

Unabomber is addictive though.

BobaFatt
    Free Member

<span style=”color: #444444; font-size: 18px; font-style: italic;”>it’s an excuse for tits and arse</span>

Bums and wangers as well.

2 episodes in and it’s a bit poop to be honest. I might stick with it but the acting is terrible and If everyone got pasted and replaced I wouldn’t lose any sleep

funkmasterp

<div class=”bbcode-quote” style=”margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; outline: 0px; font-size: 16px; vertical-align: baseline; background-color: transparent; color: #444444; font-family: ‘Helvetica Neue’, Helvetica, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; -webkit-text-size-adjust: auto;”>

<p style=”padding: 0px; border: 0px; outline: 0px; font-size: unset; vertical-align: baseline; background-color: transparent; line-height: 1.5rem; margin: 1rem 0px !important;”>Not really a spoiler to be fair consider the overall plot of the series.</p>

</div>
    <p style=”padding: 0px; border: 0px; outline: 0px; font-size: 16px; vertical-align: baseline; background-color: transparent; line-height: 1.5rem; color: #444444; -webkit-text-size-adjust: auto; margin: 1rem 0px !important;”>Except giving away the fact that he gets a new sleeve or indeed requires one.</p>

second book is fifty years later. Spoils nothing from TV series. Would be a bit shit having a decrepit 80 year old merc as the main character

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 90 total)

The topic ‘PSA- Altered Carbon on Netflix’ is closed to new replies.