• This topic has 28 replies, 19 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by lunge.
Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • PSA – Aldi Cycling bits back in this Sunday (1st May)
  • smurfly13
    Free Member

Not on the website yet but is on the app.

Wanted a replacement softshell jacket/gilet convertible but they’ve decided this time round not to do the men’s in red!!!!!

CheesybeanZ

Will they have work stands ?

smurfly13
    Free Member

Its not listed, mainly clothing this time round but my local Aldi had lots 2 days ago from the MTB event a couple of weeks ago.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    steve_b77
    Free Member

The lightweight jacket for £15 and the C02 pack for a fiver look bang on

Lawmanmx
    Free Member

waterproof socks???

smurfly13
    Free Member

waterproof socks???

Just checked – no, only normal socks listed

mikertroid
    Free Member

Lidl might have a few stands left. There were a few in Evesham earlier…

i can explain….!

prawny

What size are you smurfly? I’ve got a small red one that I love but I’m going to get a yellow one for commuting

smurfly13
    Free Member

Thanks prawny but I now need a large rather than my XL!! If they made them unisex I’d get away with the ladies one… Damn tailoring!

7600e
    Free Member

Was hoping they would bring back the mtb stuff so I could get more, all sold out online.

benp1

I’ve got a red non convertible aldi/crane one in large red. Think it’s a winter one though, now too big for me

smurfly13
    Free Member

Thanks benp – is specifically the convertible crane one I’m after

smurfly13
    Free Member

Still not on the UK website – but is on the IE website to give you a flavour of the choice this time round!

https://www.aldi.ie/en/specialbuys/sun-1-may/

natrix
    Free Member

I’d get away with the ladies one.

I think you would. I wear a ladies Aldi softshell jacket and a ladies Pearl Izumi jacket, but they don’t seem to be cut much different to mens jackets.

The only discernible difference is that the zip does up the wrong side.

Tracey

The portable compressor looks like an updated version of the one we bought when they were selling them off. Blows up and seats tubeless tyres in seconds.

D0NK

Will they have work stands ?

loads in our local (bolton)

smurfly13
    Free Member

I think you would. I wear a ladies Aldi softshell jacket and a ladies Pearl Izumi jacket, but they don’t seem to be cut much different to mens jackets.

The only discernible difference is that the zip does up the wrong side.

Might wait until Sunday just to try one on then!!

MoreCashThanDash

Always best to try on ladies clothing at the weekend…. 8)

M6TTF
    Free Member

their ‘camelbaks’ look like they might be worth a punt at that price?!

warns74
    Free Member

The portable compressor looks like an updated version of the one we bought when they were selling them off. Blows up and seats tubeless tyres in seconds.

Tracey, did it come with the right adaptors for presta valves or did you need to buy those separately?

gonzy
    Free Member

C02 pack for a fiver look bang on

Netto are currently selling 6 CO2 cartidges for £5 and the inflator with 2 Cartidges for £5

Tracey

Came with all the adaptors needed, proper gauge, one for blowing dust and grime and a bag full of adaptors for other stuff like paddling pools and air beds. Been messing with wheels and tyres, five so far, this week and its been a god send. Purgatory’s and Butchers onto various rims. Got one to replace on the back of Katies tonight and hopefully done for a bit.

Drac

My local still has loads left from the last time.

warns74
    Free Member

Came with all the adaptors needed, proper gauge, one for blowing dust and grime and a bag full of adaptors for other stuff like paddling pools and air beds. Been messing with wheels and tyres, five so far, this week and its been a god send. Purgatory’s and Butchers onto various rims. Got one to replace on the back of Katies tonight and hopefully done for a bit.

Perfect many thanks! Free delivery and free returns so rude not to!

tillydog
    Free Member

their ‘camelbaks’ look like they might be worth a punt at that price?!

I’ve been regularly using their 16L ‘Sports Rucsack’ for biking since they came around last time (a year, or so??), and it’s lasting very well. [/kissofdeath]

augustuswindsock

Slight hijack. On a far more serious note, aldi have some lovely ‘guest’ beers in at the moment, currently drinking their American style IPA, at £1.25 a pop, strongly suggest you indulge whilst buying up your soft shells etc.

smurfly13
    Free Member

Well tried the ladies one on and it definitely wasn’t right!

Tried the men’s large on and it’s perfect! But no red!!!

M6TTF
    Free Member

Macc aldi had more than their fair share of large and X large tops, very few medium. Seems aldi’ customer demographic is ‘leisure’
    33″-35″ waist shorts were like clown pants. Disappointed to see the ‘camelbaks’ don’t actually come with a bladder.

lunge

Load in Stourbridge but I was a tad disappointed, nothing looked that good or that interesting to me.

The bibs might be alright under a pair of baggies but bar that I’d suggest you can get better kit for similar money elsewhere.

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)

The topic ‘PSA – Aldi Cycling bits back in this Sunday (1st May)’ is closed to new replies.