Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • PSA: ALDI bike stuff again
  • pocpoc
    Free Member

Thursday 7th July

Clicky

🙂

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Ta looks like some good stuff, are team GB really wearing Aldi gear 😆

andysredmini
    Free Member

I have a lot of Aldi bike clothes but no way would I wear that team gb kit.

alishand

For £15 the GB waterproof looks not too bad. I’ve taken a punt – might make a half decent ‘stuff it in the bottom of your pack’ kind of deal.

tthew

Muc off lubricant in the leaky bottles is cheap. And 6 quid for a track pump, will have a look at that.

jekkyl

I had one of the track pumps last year and couldn’t take the pressure over 50psi and blew out.

kayla1
    Free Member

The electrolyte tablets are good. If you’re not used to caffeine the berry ones make you very chatty 😆

MoreCashThanDash

If I read it right the lemon electrolyte stuff is caffeine free?

Olly
    Free Member

could use some dry looob. Bought wet last time around and its a bit gloopy

Look forward to seeing the cyclepaths full of “gb team kit” on halfords bikes in the coming months. hashtagbikesnob

kayla1
    Free Member

Yes, the lemon ones are caffeine-free which is why I said ‘berry ones’ not ‘lemon ones’… 😉 I usually use the lemon ones but we ran out so I’ve been using the berry ones (sparingly 😆 )

siwhite
    Free Member

I’ve never bought any of their clothing before, but may take a punt. Do the sizes conform to expectations, or are they some odd Euro size? 5’11” and 42″ chest – large at a guess?

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Is the stuff available in store?

Just gone online and nothing hardly left ie no GT85 or decent sized gloves !

mattsccm
    Free Member

That rattan owl looks good. Must get several of those.

Kahurangi

siwhite- the Aldi clothes I’ve bought in the past are loose around the body, a bit short, tight arms and too short on the sleeves. I don’t bother any more as I’m obviously a bit on the lanky side for them!

natrix
    Free Member

I’ll be trying the energy balls, yum yum……..

jekkyl

padded mitts for £3.50! cycletastic

samunkim
    Free Member

Last Aldi cycletop I bought didn’t have stretch stitchiing. So every time I pull it on, over my head, there’s a chorus of threads snapping

YoKaiser
    Free Member

The energy balls are quite nice as far as these things go.

I’m a fan of the pump, I’ve had the hose blow out too with road tyres but for mountain biking they are fine. I normally keep one in the car.

M6TTF
    Free Member

got a can of the all weather lube to try out. tried all manner of dry lubes and none of them last more than a couple of hours when riding. the wet lube is ok, but messy.

thestabiliser
    Free Member

GT85, electrolyte tabs and on of last time rounds hi viz (ladies – but still fits, moobs accommodated nicely) gilets for a fiver. The GB stuff is H-I-D-E-O-U-S!

scruff9252

Just picked up a couple of pairs of their cycle shorts. They are pretty ugly and short in the leg (I am 6’4″ and 32″ waist though so needed medium) but the pad seems excellent.

Seem ideal for turbo work so save my good shorts going though 2x washes each week in winter and they are short enough to use as undershorts under baggy shorts.

psycorp
    Free Member

My fingerless gloves have turned up in the post today. Not bad for less than 7 quid for 2 pairs. The full fingered ones I bought a few months ago are still going strong too.

sirromj

I’ve got a picture of Harry Hill in my head doing some joke about mixing up Electrolyte tablets and limescale removal tablets.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Got some gloves for the whole family and GT85, loads left in Bingley this evening.

GB tops seamed good quality, just couldn’t wear ‘GB’ kit

monde
    Free Member

Pair of glasses with interchangeable lenses for 3.99. Only bought for the clear lenses and well chuffed with them for the price.

alishand

Well my ‘GB’ cycling jacket turned up. It’s actually a really nice bit of kit – super comfy and fits really well (for being 6ft and skinny as a rake). Also seems to be well made so expecting it to last a bit.

As expected though, if it didn’t have GB on it i’d be wearing it all the time, but for now it’s a great bottom of my camelbak wet weather jacket, and will see plenty of use in that regard. Well worth the purchase.

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘PSA: ALDI bike stuff again’ is closed to new replies.