• This topic has 14 replies, 13 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by dove1.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • PSA Adidas Terrex Cycling stealth soled sort of five tens
  • rob1984p
    Free Member
    rossburton
    Free Member

I own a pair of the Trailcross for summer riding and can confirm that they’re awesome: lighter than most FiveTens and have a little lace bungee too.

stevemorg2

What’s the fit like? I wear size 11 510s but my feet are on the wide size

richardkennerley

I wear mine for road riding, the sole is pretty stiff. But they’re super comfy, I wear them pretty much all the time, they’re good for walking!

A size 10 sized as expected for me.

notlocal
    Free Member

Got the bluey grey and orange ones after an earlier psa on here. Regular sizing and V grippy, so grippy I actually went back to flats on all my bikes.

joemmo
    Free Member

I usually find Adidas too narrow but the trailcross is quite roomy. Good shoes – I’m quite tempted by the high tops for winter

cobrakai

I’ve got the high tops Terrex. Bloody grippy on V12’s and very comfy. Put one of those chord grippers from an old jacket on the laces instead of knotting them. Tucks nicely under the little bungee and the ankle support is good.

Can’t compare them with 5/10s but they dry reasonably quickly too.

Kahurangi

I have the ankle protect ones. The sole is nowhere near as grippy as my Freerirders but overall I like the boots. I would buy them again at that price (£60) but not the £110 that I paid.

Size wise – I had to go up to 8.5, I normally wear size 8 Merrels, 8 or 8.5 Shimano. Fairly narrow, which suits me. They’re light and not very water resistant.

HTH

BadlyWiredDog

People probably know this already, but adidas owns FiveTen, which means they can use FiveTen’s Stealth rubber which is a proprietary compound, or collection of compounds. So same rubber as FiveTens basically.

Simon

Same experience as Jon above, I’ve got the low version of the Terrex Trail Cross and even though the sole is made from Stealth rubber they’re nowhere near as grippy as Five Ten Freeriders.

yourguitarhero
    Free Member

They do some with a Continental rubber sole.
    Saw them in an Adidas Outlet for £50 but were clown size only

Kahurangi

same rubber as FiveTens basically

There’s a large range of “Stealth” branded rubbers in various compounds. The pinkbike review of these boots/shoes had some helpful info.

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

People probably know this already, but adidas owns FiveTen, which means they can use FiveTen’s Stealth rubber which is a proprietary compound, or collection of compounds. So same rubber as FiveTens basically.

Yes in the sense they are part of Adidas, but no in the sense that they are the ‘same’ rubber as a FiveTen soled shoe, as there are various different compounds they offer.

Example being the Impact VXi has the stickiest sole out there (Mi6), but the result is it’s fragile. The newer Impact Pro has gone back to the S1 sole, which is less grippy, but more durable. The same sole is used on the Freerider Pro. They also have the Mn version on the more casual style riding shoes.

Adidas don’t specify what variant they use, and based on experience, they are absolutely not the Mi6, or the S1 rubber, as I have both on other shoes & they are no where near as grippy. There was a PB review reflecting that & it kind of echos my feelings. I still like my Trail Cross’s for trail riding – they are about spot on. But when riding like a bit of an idiot, or somewhere its super rough, racing etc, I want all the grip I can get. I just have to put up with hotter & sweatier feet.

I see FiveTen are releasing a new Terrex/Trailcross shoe soon, if it’s got a gripper sole, it could be the one for me 🙂

nedrapier

I don’t like black shoes though, I assume they get dirty if you try hard enough? Or are they like teflon?

dove1

I don’t like black shoes though, I assume they get dirty if you try hard enough? Or are they like teflon?

They are definitely not like Teflon. I walked up Pen y Fan last weekend in mine and they are now a nice light brown sandstone colour.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘PSA Adidas Terrex Cycling stealth soled sort of five tens’ is closed to new replies.