Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 84 total)
  • PSA: A few bike bargains
  • joeydeacon
    Free Member

Cheap Northwave Jerseys at Wiggle (£10.50, were £34.99),
    and
    Heavily reduced FSA stems at Chain Reaction (£44.99, were £169.99)

40mpg

Cheers Tracey, I was looking for a new waterproof jacket, I’ll now be sporting a nice shade of enduro green 🙂

Also had a Helly Hansen base layer arrive today, I love a bargain me!

thegreatpotato
    Free Member

500 lumen 3-in-1 Cree LED Flashlight Torch with Head Strap and Bike Mount, down from £31 to £9 on Amazon
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/EasyAcc-500lm-Flashlight-Torch-Adjustable/dp/B00HEWYNTQ?tag=georiot-giz-21&ie=UTF8

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

The Nite Rider Minewt 350lumen is a bargain at 29.99 at Planet X, bright enough to commute with or use alongside helmet mounted light off road.

asbrooks

26″ Rockshox Revelations sols air

Alltricks

joeydeacon
    Free Member

Some very cheap Carnac Gloves at Planet-X (was £35.99 now £4.99!) – a few other models also reduced – here’s the full range (used tiny.cc as forum doesn’t like the “and” symbol in the url.)

and

dhb waterproof jackets at Wiggle (was £22.99 now £10)

via CB Twitter

Edit: Also not really bike related, but a few products on the Quiksilver website are being further reduced when added to your basket (possibly glitch, possibly intentional?) – example: Small shoulder bag – was £22.99, reduced to £11, adds to your cart at £6.60 – might be of interest to some of you? – via HUKD

joeydeacon
    Free Member

40% off Science in Sport.com – voucher code: SISMAY40

M6TTF
    Free Member

thanks for the High 5 zero link, saved me a packet!!!!

Parkers of Bolton have the RSP ergo carbon bar at £49

joeydeacon
    Free Member

Some more Monday bargains – Cheap inner tubes, a £1.99 Stem and reduced Jackets!

Very cheap inner tube 2 pack at Wiggle – two Schrader 26″ (1.75-2.5) tubes for just £2.47!

A couple of jackets – firstly the Shimano Windstop Zip Off (was £137.99 now £54.99) and also the Shimano Stretchable Windbreaker (was £94.99 now £35.99)

Need a cheap stem for a hack bike? 3T MTB Bono stems was £32.99 now £1.99 at PlanetX – choice of lengths and colours too!

Can’t take the credit for these, all are via CycleBargains and HUKD

joeydeacon
    Free Member

Some more for Tuesday! Firstly Chain Reaction have some cheap Crank Brothers carbon XC riser bas (155g!) – was £149.99 now £49.99 (31.8mm / 680mm)

Also some very cheap Cratoni helmets for those with smaller heads:
    Cratoni Bullet – was £99.99 now £29.99 (S/M only)
    Cratoni Terrox – was £219.99 now £54.99 (S/M only)

And dhb’s Seamless Base Layer Tight – was £29.99, now £5 at Wiggle

All found via either Cycling Bargains or HUKD

munrobiker
    Free Member

Very cheap inner tube 2 pack at Wiggle – two Schrader 26″ (1.75-2.5) tubes for just £2.47!

If it helps, Decathlon do a twin pack of Schraeder 26″ tubes for £1.99.

I have one of the Cratoni Bullets that was that price at Christmas and it’s pretty nice.

dirtyrider
    Free Member

the RRP on them helmets is nonsense 😆

joeydeacon
    Free Member

Yeah I’m not sure how many people would actually buy them at the RRP – look pretty good for the current price tho IMO..

Ah never knew that about Decathlon, will have to investigate!

munrobiker
    Free Member

They also have those mucky nutz guards in a wide range of colours for about £2!

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

That CB bar is 680mm.

AHAHAHAHA…..

joeydeacon
    Free Member

Ah haha might be a bit narrow.. or a typo by me!

Edit.. actually I’m being a bit slow.. surely that’s 68cm?

cookeaa

the RRP on them helmets is nonsense

Yep had one from Planet X a couple of months ago for £20

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

yes that is 68cm. Which is a bit “welcome to 1998”.

Old stock Easton Havens are 720mm and are getting knocked out cheap as being unfashionably narrow (I’ve recently gone from 720 to 750mm and its a definite move for the better).

680mm would suit a retro build, except you wouldnt be using carbon…

joeydeacon
    Free Member

In case anyone hasn’t seen the separate thread, Thrustyjust (excellent username!) found Merlin are doing XT disc brake sets for £99.

v666ern
    Free Member

yes but there not trail bars or DH bars they are clearly XC bars which ime you dont need to be 800mm wide so dont see a problem 😕

joeydeacon as you were

dirtyrider
    Free Member

joey are you cycling bargains on twitter? as they started following me last night,

yes that is 68cm. Which is a bit “welcome to 1998”.

what if your not 6’13” tall?

I’m still on 700mm bars on both my bikes, tried going up a bit (730mm) and hated it

iain1775
    Free Member

40% off Science in Sport.com – voucher code: SISMAY40

or register a new account and use code SIS10FIRST for £10 off orders over £40

I’m not sure if both codes can be stacked

joeydeacon
    Free Member

I ride with 600mm bars so clearly well out of touch!

Dirtyrider: Nope, nothing to do with me, nor Hot UK Deals, I just follow them..

Be interesting to see the mark up on nutrition / energy products, as they always seem to have substantial discount codes – I remember a program on BBC before the Olympics where Obree was fairly scathing of the advantages they offered..

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

what if your not 6’13” tall?

I’m still on 700mm bars on both my bikes, tried going up a bit (730mm) and hated it

yes but there not trail bars or DH bars they are clearly XC bars which ime you dont need to be 800mm wide so dont see a problem

I’m as off-trend as it gets; 26″ wheels, 1 1/8th straight steerer, 27.2 post, no neon/fluoro so I don’t jump on fashions. I tried a 711 haven coming off a an old 680 and immediately felt more comfortable and more in control. I quickly found I was riding with my hands right on the ends of the grips and so I have moved to a 750mm Havoc. Comfort and control improved again.

I’m 5’10 and sufficiently skinny build that I’ve just gone from 42cm to 40cm on my road bike.

YMMV and all that but there’s a reason narrow MTB bars are going cheap-shorter stem wider bar isn’t just a fad.

edit:

I ride with 600mm bars so clearly well out of touch!

😯

sure you’re not a fixie hipster in disguise?!

honourablegeorge

Might as well add these here, had posted them elsehwere:

Jagwire Hose CUtter – £7.69 with free potage. Have used this seller before – just ordered one myself.

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/gobike88-Jagwire-WST025-Space-Age-2-0-Hydraulic-Hose-Cutter-J69-/161115512168?

They also have the TMARS 27.2 dropper post for £43

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/gobike88-TMARS-Mechanical-Drop-Seatpost-27-2-x-400mm-560g-Black-R89-/161172390535?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item25869f8287

POSTED 15 SECONDS AGO # EDIT

jam-bo
    Jamz
    Free Member

Very competitive price on a Sram Force 22 groupset if any of the roadies are looking to buy/upgrade:

Ribble Cycles

D0NK

these seem very very cheap:

yes they do! However that remote lockout looks unbelievably shite and you can’t replace it without changing the whole damper 👿

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

Very competitive price on a Sram Force 22 groupset if any of the roadies are looking to buy/upgrade

be nice if some of the stuff comes back in stock, the 515 headline price is already 532 with what’s actually available (which is still probably the best price at the mo, but I’m vacillating between Force and 6800 Ultegra, which Probikekit are doing for £450, and as I’m getting mixed info on the actual weight difference price might swing it).

joeydeacon
    Free Member

Some v cheap Rebas at Merlin at the mo – apologies if posted elsewhere – at the moment showing as out of stock, but have changed a few times over the last few hours, so worth keeping an eye on:

Rockshox Reba RL Forks – 26″ OEM – was £479, now £179

AlexSimon

That Merlin Rockshox discount makes the RS-1 as cheap as I’ve seen it:
    £637
    http://www.merlincycles.com/rockshox-rs1-acs-forks-72737.html

dirtyrider
    Free Member

and that includes the hub

joeydeacon
    Free Member

Anyone after a Garmin Vivoactive Smart Watch they’re currently on a lightning deal at Amazon, down to £125 instead of £200
    Clicky

cp

Shame, by the time I figured it out does exactly what I want the feel had ended. Still, their normal price is good.

joeydeacon
    Free Member

Chances are it’ll be reduced again in Black Friday deals, although obviously that’s a few months off..

timidwheeler

I bought one at that price from them a few weeks ago. Keep an eye on it. It will get reduced again.

milko9000
    Free Member

the white version is on and presumably will be the same price, in about 45 min from the time I post this.

joeydeacon
    Free Member

Ain’t done this in a while, thought I’d post a few more I’ve found..

There’s some wireless cycle computers at Planet X for a tenner (were £50)

Also some SIDS down from £585 to £250

Also cheap Sealskinz down from £45 to around £12-15

£12 Club Roost Bib Shorts down from £60

found via HotUKDeals.com, BikeBargains.co.uk and CycleChat.net Forums

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 84 total)

The topic ‘PSA: A few bike bargains’ is closed to new replies.