Viewing 40 posts - 161 through 200 (of 257 total)
  • PSA: 66% off Superstar wheelsets
  • kayak23

Got my DHX wheelset as a replacement for the eeb.
    Somebody forgot that the bike had centrelock hubs and ordered 6-bolt.
    Oops.
    All sorted now though.

My rear wheel is squeaking like a bugger though. Sounds almost like a rubber o-ring squeaking against something.
    Have to have a look but bit of a shame.

Northwind

bikesandboats
    Free Member

Anyone got any tips for removing the end caps from the V6 hubs? I’m trying to swap from 142 to 135 qr but cannot see to pull the thru axle end caps off.

If they’re of the push-on, held-on-with-orings variety then they can be really stubborn, pulling the whole cassette off can be a good option with some hub designs, depends how it fits. But, pretty much universally- twist and pull, don’t just pull. It’s way easier to break any stick by twisting the endcaps and once they’re moving they’ll come much easier.

Wally

Thanks for the regular updates Neil, just sent in an email and I should have read this first. So it’s a spacer waiting game. All the very best and very happy to wait for the absolute bargain. Wally.

nixie

Anyone got any tips for removing the end caps from the V6 hubs?

If the V6 hubs are like the V3, you’ll need to use pliers or the like to pull them off.

Not a cheap option but unior make a tool for removing end caps. Looks like a blind bearing puller with a handle. Annoyingly you need a different one for 12 and 15mm but it works very well. The only failure to quickly remove I’ve had with it was one of the 15mm caps on the v3 based set I bought from this thread. However I think that cap was out of spec (comes out easily after correction).

lovewookie

My rear wheel is squeaking like a bugger though. Sounds almost like a rubber o-ring squeaking against something.4

Thats how mine was, but i couldn’t backpedal when they were fitted to the bike.

They replaced the freehub as the end cap was binding against the rubber seal. seems to have sorted it.

13thfloormonk

Apparently the Arc’s 7075 T6 rim is twice as strong as my Fulcrum’s 6082 T6 rim. Looking forward to trying them out.

This is interesting! Despite the love for Kinlin elsewhere I’ve been unimpressed with mine as seem very soft, I did wonder what materials were used in various rims, DT seem to be the only people who advertise it (other than Superstar apparently, wish I’d seen this PSA a month ago).

I keep hovering over some very expensive rims for the gravel bike but worry that I’ll just ding them. Pacenti use 6061 apparently, don’t know if that’s any harder or softer than what Kinln use.

Would be curious to know what the really expensive rims use e.g. Easton or HED (same rim, different stickers)

frankconway

I’m about to order a set of Alpine rims on V6 hubs.
    Rims are 6069 alloy which is much stronger than 6061; hubs are 7075.
    Superstar’s website does not specify grade used to manufacture Arc rims but hubs are 7075.

shanner
    Free Member

My pave road3 wheelset arrived today. Anyone else received theirs yet?
    They seem like great wheels for the money.

However, neither of mine are true. The rear being the worst with a 3mm wobble. Superstar claim they are true to within 0.2mm…

Anyone who’s received them, were yours out of true?

didnthurt

My wheelset was true but after only one ride were not.

When I went over the wheelset with a spoke key I the spokes were not tensioned at all. Only took about an hour to sort both out so still happy with my purchase for the price. Would be a different matter if I wasn’t capable of truing and tensioning a wheel.

lucasshmucas

Now 75% off!

75wheel

scunny
    Free Member

Just got a new set of v6 Isotopes for £90, bargain.

DT78
    Free Member

had a quick skim. do they do any 24″ wheels for kids?

HansRey

I bought the Arc ULTRA DISC V6 wheelset. For the price, great value. Spokes need some attention.
    Based on the 75% off offer, I may get another wheelset

tpbiker
    Free Member

Im not seeing 75% off!?

scunny
    Free Member

put the code in

kayak23

75WHEEL is the code.
    Enter it at checkout.

At that price, I’ve literally been forced to buy a second set as a spare.
    The first set I have which was 66% off is running well so far. 😊

velocipede
    Free Member

I bought some gravel wheels (WTB i19’s) on the 66% deal and I thought that was cheap – now the same wheels are £68 – that’s rediculous!

To top it off though, some rim brake road wheels just ordered for £37!!!!!!

Fueled
    Free Member

Thanks for the PSA!

jwildcard
    Free Member

Great price on the rim road brakes there but be aware they are 13.2mm inner rim width so I wouldn’t go above a 25 in them ideally. Be great for most older road frames which have minimal clearance anyway. I use shimano wheels with a 15c inner rim and do run a 28 tyre OK so I guess there’s nothing stopping it but for better tyre performance I would prefer 25 and below on a 13mm inner rim

fossy

Damn, gone for an XC 650B set with standard through-axel spacing – getting increasingly hard to get wheels with the older non-boost standard. £68.75. I don’t need them, but they will be spares.

NorthCountryBoy
    Free Member

Iv had a look around on the site and the 75% discount seems to work on the wheels already in the sale section. That brought a pair of 27.5 wheels silver rims no black down to £37 limited choice of size and fee hub options though

didnthurt

Just bought another pair of wheels, this time for my LLS hardtail. Less than £90 delivered. That’s less than a decent pair of replacement rims!

pimpingimp
    Free Member

Was after a set of isotope V6’s but they were out of stock so settled on elements. 23mm internal isn’t as wide as I’d usually have but I think I’m going to focus more on trail riding this year than the gravity smashing I used to do I’m sure they’ll be ok.

superstarcomponents
    Free Member

Cant be long till we run out completely. Literally giving them away for in some cases less than a set of spokes. No more wheels from us, im off to focus on new stuff and need to clear the warehouse.

Neil (Superstar Components)

pimpingimp
    Free Member

Neil, your pricing is mad and we’re happy to take advantage of that!

scunny
    Free Member

Mine just arrived, crazy value cheers Neil.

kayak23

Yeah thank you. You’re A Superstar.
    So good I bought two sets as I’m a serial wheel abuser 😊🤘

rockhopper70

Yes, finally bought a pair of these for Mrs Rocks hybrid. Bike came with some maxxis slicks and I swapped these for smart sams for light gravel duties. The slicks will go on these new wheels for country road/cycle path riding.

Bargaintastic.

fossy

Unfortunately order refunded for my 650B XC wheels due to availability, but Superstar said the DHX was still in stock for my size, so ordered them for a little more cash. Fingers crossed. Given they are a bit of an upgrade to my current wheels, these hopefully will become my main wheels and the old ones spares.

rockhopper70

Mine 650s too, cancelled this morning.

Snooze n Lose I suppose.

bax_burner

Mine were cancelled too. Ordered DHX for the extra £20. Let’s see if they arrive.

fossy

My DHX’s have been posted, whoop. A little more burley than I wanted, but the V6 hubs, so I think these will be the main wheels and bomb proof – I’m on an XC wheelset as it is, and these will be better quality, if a little heavier. Can’t harm to go with a slightly wider rim.

kayak23

The DHXs are really nice wheels. Impressed with mine.
    My only wish is that they’d be louder!

fossy

Thanks to Superstar to let me know what was available though, so I ordered the biger wheelset. Got to be better than my Formula hubs, which are OK ! I like serviceable hubs.

fossy

I don’t need loud, just a nice tick thats not HOPE angry bee. I come from road bikes where my Dura Ace 7400 series is almost silent, unless it’s on the stand and there is no noise and you can hear the tick. Still works like that after 30 plus years of riding !

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

isotope v6 is showing as in stock, guess that’s a mistake?

pimpingimp
    Free Member

I hope it’s a mistake as I bought some Elements the other day due to isotopes being sold out!

crossed

I’m hoping they’ve found more stock buried away somewhere.
    I’ve just ordered a set of the Elements as they’re showing back in stock.

ogden
    Free Member

Fingers crossed! I just ordered the isotopes I forgot to order when the 75% deal went live. Expecting them to be cancelled but can hope!

ogden
    Free Member

Your order is now being processed

might be in luck here!

Viewing 40 posts - 161 through 200 (of 257 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.