Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 113 total)
  • PSA 50% off Specialized tyres
  • Tracey

Put my order in for a couple of Butcher Grids and Eliminator Grids 29 x 2.6 last night as spares ready for the Alps trip. Cant go wrong at the price as they are our usual go to tyre. Pity there were no Blck Dmnds in the offer

Kamakazie

Great. Hillbilly & Eliminator ordered. Hope the new GRID casing isn’t as thin as some have said otherwise the Eliminator might have to go back!

tuskaloosa
    Free Member

ah sweet op thanks very much can now complete the build for the groms… mucho gracias

sharkattack

Balls. I wish this came up a few days ago.

Still, quite looking forward to trying my new Michelin’s.

nickc

At least they’re half price

Rubber_Buccaneer

Thanks, couple (may as well get two for free postage over £30) of 2.6 Eliminator Grids ordered. Excellent VFM, should pair up well with the 2.6 Slaughter Grid on the back of my hardtail

TomB

Which is a good lakes rear 29er tyre? Got a 2.6 butcher up front at the moment which has been good.

Tracey

Always run a Butcher on the front, have a mixture on the rear of Eliminator, Purgatory and Slaughter for the dry stuff. Grid or Blck Dmnd

andybrad

whats the eliminator like compared to a butcher im currently running on the back?

jaylittle
    Free Member

I hate paying full price for tyres so love a good PSA!

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Are Purgatory’s still a good choice for winter XC riding on natural Singletrack (TH, PP, Minley, Gorrick stuff)?

At that price I’m getting another pair of Fast Tracks even if I only use them once in a blue moon! Just looking for something a bi more

hamishthecat
    Free Member

I couldn’t get the payment to work 🙁

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Did you tick the “I accept the T&C’s” box (next to place order on the right hand side but isn’t shown at “place order” button the bottom of the screen)

hamishthecat
    Free Member

Ah – might have missed that, thanks.

pedlad

Balls just had dispatch confirmation this morning on an eliminator -albeit I went for the blk diamond version which doesn’t seem to be on offer. Some good deals there.

Tracey

Eliminator runs a bit faster than the Butcher on the back. Its a bit of an inbetween a Butcher and a Eliminator.

AlexSimon

ooh – some reasonable 26″ tyres – thanks for the PSA!

mike_p
    Free Member

Nice one OP, can’t resist bargain tyres!

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

It’s only a bargain if you need it.

I just spent £78, despite all my bikes currently having tyres, ohh well!

hamishthecat
    Free Member

Problem was with my work computer. Safely spent £88 when I got home…

Northwind

I have all the tyres I could possibly need or want, therefore I’ve just bought a Hillbilly and an Eliminator in 2.6. Thanks!

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

If you’ve got more than you need can I borrow a couple of 2.3″ 29ers?

K

Ta

Lester
    Free Member

thanks for that 🙂

crimsondynamo
    Free Member

I bought a pair of 29×2.3 Butcher and Purg last night.

How do they size up?

My old 2014 Roam rims are only c. 20mm int width so hopefully I’ll get a decent shape.

cokie

Any experience with Purgs 29×2.6 ? I seem to remember that Spec tyres measure up small.
    At just shy of 1kg, it would be nice if they are actually wide. Guess the purg is a reaosnable rolling rear.

chiefgrooveguru

Ordered an Eliminator 29×2.3 last night – I’m hoping it’s a good size, my research suggested that the 2.6 is bigger than the Butcher 2.6 (but still not quite 2.6”) whilst the 2.3 is actually more like a 2.4” (which would perfectly match the 2.4” Hillbilly 2.6 I have up front.

Is that clear?!! 😉

Rubber_Buccaneer

Is that clear?!!

Tricky isn’t it.  I’m hoping the 2.6 Eliminator is at least as big as the 2.6 Slaughter I have on the back (more like 2.4)

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I had the original 2.2 Purgatory’s, I’d say they were true to size so I’m hoping these will be similar or bigger as they’re going on a rigid hardtail.

trusty

I was looking at the butcher and hillbilly 2.6, are they much bigger than a 2.35 magic mary? Forks will be fine but my frame will be tight if they’re much bigger

Northwind

stevenmenmuir

If you’ve got more than you need can I borrow a couple of 2.3″ 29ers?

Not sure if I have any of those! I’ll have a look. Probably a Maxxis Tomahawk but they’re a bit shit.

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

No worries. Would like to try 2.3’s on the new bike to see what they’re like with the low bottom bracket. Will have a look on eBay.

aldo56
    Free Member

Never having owned any Specialized tyre before – could someone lend some experience?

What is the Specialized equivalent of:
    Magic Mary
    DHF
    DHR ii

Cheers!

hamishthecat
    Free Member

I think pretty much all the Spesh 2.6s size up at 2.4 in reality.

EDIT – ref the above query, MM = Hillbilly and DHF = Butcher. Not sure of the others.

chiefgrooveguru

“I was looking at the butcher and hillbilly 2.6, are they much bigger than a 2.35 magic mary?”

The Butcher is a bit bigger in volume but similar width at the knobs. Hillbilly very similar in size to MM, maybe a little smaller – definitely smaller volume than the Butcher. Both are 62-63mm at the side knobs on 30mm rims.

I think the Eliminator is more like a DHR2 – that’s what I’m hoping! The Butcher is like the DHF in that neither are great at braking.

trusty

Cheers Chief, I’ll measure up. As I said, the lyrik has bags of space but the back of my mega is a little bit tight with a MM in there so much bigger will cause problems. It hasn’t clogged but has come close! I’ve always used schwalbe but they’re a bit £££££

joemmo
    Free Member

in a similar vein to other posts – what’s the spec equivalent of a Shorty for full on sludge? Hillbilly?

Rubber_Buccaneer

equivalent of a Shorty for full on sludge? Hillbilly?

Yes.  I think the Storm is the full on mud spike but the Hillbilly is comparable to a Shorty.  Don’t know why you’d be asking about those in the middle of this blistering summer though 🙂

welshfarmer

Hillbilly is the main rough condition tyre in the range and closest equivalent to the Shorty/Magic Mary spikey type tyre. Butcher is very similar to the DHF. Slaughter is similar to DHR SemiSlick or a Rock Razer. Rock Razer? Not sure. Somewhere between a DHR2 and a DHR SS. Similar perhaps to a WTB Trail boss but with bigger side knobs (no bad thing).

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 113 total)

The topic ‘PSA 50% off Specialized tyres’ is closed to new replies.