• This topic has 24 replies, 16 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by gamo.
Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • PSA: 40% off montane kit
  • dh
    Free Member

Use code MON40

ratrace

The code i think was only meant to be valid yesterday, but still works today.

fenlanddavid
    Free Member

Cheers just worked 🙂

Vortexracing

worked for me

Anybody tried one of those Photon jackets?

dh
    Free Member

not yet vortex, but that’s what i grabbed….

jimcollins67
    Free Member

Cheers dh, just saved £40 on a prism jacket…. superb 🙂

Spin
    Free Member

Splendid! Card just taken a pasting.

rOcKeTdOg

i bought a primaloft jacket today, was £100 reduced to £50, was from my lbs though 8)

MSP

Does anyone know what the sizing is like on the singletrack jackets? is it racing snake like the velo, or more generous like the featherlite smock?

CaptJon
    Free Member

nice one, Photon ordered.

benjbish

I’ve got an XL Fireball and it fits as I would hope for an XL. I’m 6’4″ and about 100kg. I’d class it as somewhere between average and athletic XL cut.

cynic-al
    Free Member

My M Dyno turned up and it’s not what I was after (doesn’t look at all waterproof) so if anyone wants one (assuming the offer is over) it’s up for grabs.

druidh
    Free Member

The Dyno Jacket is a comfortable, versatile, lightweight softshell which strikes a great balance between warmth, windproofness and breathability for autumn, mild winter and early spring conditions.

Where does it hint at being waterproof?

brakes
    Free Member

My M Dyno turned up and it’s not what I was after (doesn’t look at all waterproof) so if anyone wants one (assuming the offer is over) it’s up for grabs.

what colour/ size?

Clink

dito here – if medium

matt_outandabout

My Dyno is ace – I wear it all the time. ^as druidh says, it makes no claim over waterproof (although with Nikwax it is surprisingly good).

cynic-al
    Free Member

Grey with red zips, you can have pic of me modelling it? 😎 I’m 38-40″ I think, usually M, fit is pretty good, not too tight, but not for bloaters either (I’m at kindergarten as far as beer guts go).

£60 net posted – no gain/loss to me.

Do you ever tire of being a smart arse druidh? I’ve used several softshells that are OK in breif showers, without being marketed as such.

matt_outandabout

I which case, try the Dyno in rain, it is far better than you might think. I rode a 1 mile, wet wet wet downhill in it today as was dry underneath, just a wee damp bit on the bum.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Really? I’m the sort who CBA reproofing etc. How well does it breathe? I was looking for something heavier TBH too, though if it’s better than my TNF flight series as a shell I might keep it then…

matt_outandabout

I am a re-proofer so it is hard to say. I chuck all my work stuff and anything else around in the machine to re-proof regularly. Helps having a Nikwax trade account for the cost though.
    They are light, but I spent most of today in thick merino baselayer, tights and the Dyno and was more than warm.
    It is NOT a jacket for standing around in though from a warmth point of view.

druidh
    Free Member

The problem is, Al, the term “softshell” is completely undefinable. When it first appeared, it was linked to showerproof warmwear. Now, I’d always check out the fabric and manufacturers description before considering one.

brakes
    Free Member

I’m at kindergarten as far as beer guts go

medium is too small for me
    I wear MANSIZE jackets

cynic-al
    Free Member

Well druidh it seems you understand where I am coming from after all…

thanks Matt, TBH it’s only so I can ride 20m to/from town/pub and not get drenched if it’s raining, my TNF is a bit pants….*considers*

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

They are not that cheap at that website full price so on a £100 jacket U end up saving £20.

Print off the web page, take it in to Go Outdoors and they will best it by 10%

druidh
    Free Member

I’ve had some good experience with Schoeller 3X Dry as a fabric. Tends not to be cheap though.

gamo
    Free Member

Dyno is a great jacket, not a proper waterproof(doesn’t claim to be}but stands up to showers no probs.Love mine.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘PSA: 40% off montane kit’ is closed to new replies.