• This topic has 205 replies, 103 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by nbt.
Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 206 total)
  • PSA – £40 off @ Decathlon
  • Junkyard
    Free Member

I hope you rarely try humour

pictonroad

Oh I feel bad now.

I doubt they’ll be honoured but I’ll donate the difference if it is.

matther01
    Free Member

^^^equally feel bad now, thankfully did just place the one order 🙁

devs
    Free Member

I had an order in teh basket for a tent last night before the site crashed. They emailed me this morning and said I could still proceed so I did. £110 hiking tent reduced to £99 and the £40 off. Result.

cookeaa

Well the code was “cashforkids40” but was it actually related to charity?

If it was I’d happily cancel the sale or make a donation to ease my conscious…

scandal42
    Free Member

Got a load of stuff, Mule, waterproof jacket, cycling shorts, walking boots, gear cables, mtb shorts.

£40 off was nice.

Edric64
    Free Member

Order confirmed this morning

althepal

Order prev in fraud screening apparently, now got order confirmation and approx delivery date.
    donation to cashfor kids being sorted for when it arrives!

csb

How would this work then? The charity auction the 40 quid off voucher and the highest bidder gets sent the code?

jp-t853

My guess would be it is a code sent to recipients of the charity. Probably cut short so little johnny can’t go camping making his hard up dad feel really bad.

Or maybe nothing of the sort

cloudnine
    Free Member

I read it as free cash for 40 year old kids.. I’m nearly in that group so just helped myself.
    Thanks op if my chain, cleats and tubes turn up.

domcapper
    Free Member

have you just ordered now could nine? does it still work?

DrT
    Free Member

True, it may be nothing to do with the charity, but a bit of altruism will make those bargains feel even better. 🙂

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

I’ll spare a thought for the children as my Pro4’s give me 25% more grip in wet corners.

Simpsan
    Free Member

Just got my “dear John” mail from Decathlon, apparently ‘supply issues’….. 🙄 😉 wonder how many more mails will go out in the next few minutes… £5 voucher though 😐

Thank you for placing your order with decathlon.co.uk.

We regret to inform you that we are currently experiencing a supply problem regarding products within your order.

As we cannot guarantee that we will be able to fulfil your order within a satisfactory time frame – we therefore have had to cancel your order.

Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience caused. We appreciate your patience and understanding and would like to offer you a £5 discount voucher for any order you place at decathlon.co.uk. You will receive the voucher shortly by email.

If you wish to be informed about the stock availability of these products, please click on the orange button “Inform me by email as soon as product is available”.

Reminder: The total amount of your online order will be credited to your bank account within the next seven business days depending on your bank. If you have paid fully or partly by Giftcard or eVoucher you will be refunded through a promotional code or Decathlon Loyalty card points.

Thank you for your loyalty and see you soon at decathlon.co.uk.

Yours sportingly,
    The Customer Loyalty Team

gnusmas

My order says shipping in progress but no shipping date yet. I will wait and see…

m0rk
    Free Member

At least I’ll get three £5 vouchers then, add that to my ‘investment’ of about £16 from my soon to be refunded paypal balance and I’ll get some stuff for cheaps

DrP

I just got an email saying that “some kids from the Shirley Estate near the back of Decathlon, Southampton, have now had to resort to playing ‘dodge the dealer’ and wearing Woolworth’s Plimsolls instead of having fun with some pop-up tennis courts and a fold-away basketball net, just because the majority of their vouchers were used on unnecessary mid to top range cycling goodies and middle-class aspirational tents”.

Or something like that.

DrP

Simpsan
    Free Member

Woolworths Plimsolls did me no harm…. 8)

Jamie
    Free Member

wearing Woolworth’s Plimsolls

Can’t be that hard up if the little bastards have a time machine.

poah
    Free Member

what did you order?

you should email back and say that you are happy to wait on the delivery since you are already in contract with them to supply the item.

Jamie
    Free Member

you should email back and say that you are happy to wait on the delivery since you are already in contract with them to supply the item.

Here we go…

Just accept we all knew we were taking the piss, and Decathalon would be well within their rights to email us all calling us cheeky ****s. It’s over man. Let it go.

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dsx2vdn7gpY[/video]

Anyway, I got this version. Strangely, from David with no surname. Bit informal 😀

poah
    Free Member

according to their T&C’s

“Generation of an order confirmation e-mail means that Decathlon.co.uk has accepted your order, which will then form the sales contract between the Parties”

that’s a legally binding statement.

not our fault they **** up lol

Big-Pete
    Free Member

I am very sorry for the cancellation of your order.

The voucher used was created for a competition for one-person to win £40 to spend towards their trainers in the Great North Run and linked with CashforKids.

This voucher was intended for a single use as the competition prize and was not available for usage by others. We certainly did not intend this one off voucher prize to be used by our entire customer base and did not make it available ourselves other than to the competition winner. As such I hope that you will understand that we cannot complete orders made using the incorrect application of the competition voucher code.

You will be refunded within the next seven business days depending on your bank.

We very much apologise for any inconvenience caused.

?David
    Commercial Director?

uselesshippy
    Free Member

I read Jamie’s post, thought I’d got away with it.
    Then got the e-mail. Doh.
    I didn’t even take the piss that much. Well £65 jacket for £29 posted. 😈
    Off to go outdoors for a new jacket then. 😀

seavers
    Free Member

Same email here…..it was worth a shot!

Houns

Can’t believe people are moaning about them not getting their order. As above, you were being cheeky, shut your whinging

Wally

Hope his trainers fit .Hillarious-just one eejit!

poah
    Free Member

its my boy that’s upset as the cassette was for him lol

matther01
    Free Member

Ah well…keeping people in a job writing emails, so its not all bad 😉

richmars

It’s not our fault their system is rubbish, and the charity would have got some money from me, and from others from here.

leythervegas
    Free Member

So now its all blown over whats the end result? Decathlon now have hundreds, maybe thousands of new accounts opened and email addresses to aim at, hmm.

Only joking, just being overly cynical.

murf
    Free Member

Stairway denied!

remoterob
    Free Member

Did Decathlon actually invite any of you to use a voucher that could essentially give away their stock for free?

gaberin
    Free Member

Won’t be ordering anything from them again… Now just got a couple of accounts to delete.. 🙄

Jamie
    Free Member

Won’t be ordering anything from them again… Now just got a couple of accounts to delete..

That’ll teach ’em!

Houns

Toys out of pram

pk13

Own goal giving out a discount code as prize.
    They obviously trust the general public not to pass it round. 😀

richmars

Toys out of pram

Just because you missed it!

Jamie
    Free Member

Toys out of pram

You see it all the time on HDUK. The inexplicable rage when an order placed, using a voucher never intended for the recipient, gets cancelled.

You think STW has a lot of armchair lawyers. I guarantee you, the poor bastards at Decathlon CS department, will be getting inundated with copy and pastes of their T&Cs.

Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 206 total)

The topic ‘PSA – £40 off @ Decathlon’ is closed to new replies.