Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • PSA: 32GB Google Nexus 7 – Out!
  • househusband

I know that several folk on here (myself included) have been swithering between this and the Kindle Fire HD; I’ve just reserved myself a Nexus at Curry’s.

Wasn’t expecting it to come out quite so soon – cc taking a battering this month!

mark90
    Free Member

Been waiting for todays announcement too. Not on Comets website yet so will be phoning first thing to see if any local branches have stock as I get 10% from Comet.

dobo
    Free Member
    Tom-B
    Free Member

Any news on the 10? I love my 16gb nexus 7, really fancy getting my wife the 10 for Xmas so she’ll stop nicking mine!

gravity-slave
    Free Member

Nexus 4 and Nexus 10 both announced as well as the upgraded 7. All available on the Play store – here’s the 10, which looks great:

https://play.google.com/store/devices/details?id=nexus_10_16gb

theotherjonv

Was looking at the 7 earlier. What is shipping cost from the Google Play store? It won’t tell me (says shipping costs will be determined once the order is placed as it calculates shipping based on the items in the basket or something) and I’ll be damned if I’ll place an order without knowing.

Price on the Play store for the N-7 16GB is the lowest I can find at £159 but if it’s £20 shipping then it isn’t cheapest any more. Comet will price match but I’m wondering what they’ll match it to?

Is it even legal to make you place an order before knowing the total cost (i guess they allow cancellation to get round it)

gravity-slave
    Free Member

99p more to order and collect from PC World, easier to return if you need to (just don’t let them sell you Norton or extended warranty!)

theotherjonv

PC World is £169.99 afaict

I’m really looking to use Comet because I have an account with them and for reasons i can’t be arsed to explain, I paid twice for something else with them and hence have a credit balance on that account that i can’t get back until I buy something.

But Comet price match, so i want to find the best (lowest) price I can, get Comet to price match and then cash in my credit balance against it.

if it was pure choice, i’d rather nail my testicles to a tree than deal with Comet again, but that’s another matter.

Tom-B
    Free Member

Bah 16gb 10 is 320 quid…not sure what I was expecting, but I thought that it may be cheaper than that.

mark90
    Free Member

Well Comet say they don’t have stock and don’t know if/when they will be getting any 32GB 7’s in, so have reserved one to collect from Currys/PC World.

joemarshall
    Free Member

Blooming heck – was about to buy two samsung phones for work, the nexus 4 is dirt cheap in comparison and appears to share most of the same specs, will have to buy one of those and see, might be able to buy 3 phones if it is okay!

Be interesting to see what happens there, Google and LG appear to have done a massive up yours to Samsung etc. with the price of the Nexus 4. I bet samsung and htc are pissing themselves right now.

ohnohesback
    Free Member

A downward price war… bring it on!

deviant
    Free Member

That Nexus 4 from Google/LG at less than £300 looks superb value…the 32Gb Nexus 7 also looks good value at less than £200….but what I’m liking is the Nexus 10 due imminently with a screen resolution that is the best in class and will still be less that £250 for the 16Gb version.

Google are on a roll at the moment, now if only they’d put out a decent desk top OS I’d forget all about Windows and Microsoft.

Google are clearly on an effort to shore up their own brand and bring prices down, bravo I say….they’re also sharing the Nexus love with LG to raise their profile as an Android running brand….solid business plan all round.
    They own Motorola too, nicely poised in the market….Samsung have been getting very big recently….makes it harder for Google to control the Android OS with a company that large.

Drac

.but what I’m liking is the Nexus 10 due imminently with a screen resolution that is the best in class and will still be less that £250 for the 16Gb version.

£319 according to the link to Google play up there. ^

mark90
    Free Member

Writing this from my new 32gb Nexus 7. Early days yet but so far I’m very impressed. Got it from Currys/PC World, the sales guy said about half their stock had been reserved.

willv

Looking at the specs i don’t see any significant differences between the nexus and the fire hd.

Was thinking of the Fire but need to know more about nexus

Is one better and why?

Ta

mark90
    Free Member

For me the GPS in the Nexus that the fire lacks was the killer feature. Also not keen on the Amazon version of Android. Others may prefer HDMI out rather than GPS and not mind about the Amazon lock in. Both good spec tablets, comes down to personal preference.

Lazgoat
    Free Member

The Nexus ones will get all the Android updates from Google before the others.
    The whole Nexus lineup looks brilliant. I will probably replace our iPad1 with the Nexus 10.
    Interestingly its a Samsung device, so Google partnered with Asus, LG & Samsung on this.

stimpy
    Free Member

32gb wi-fi only is £199 – https://play.google.com/store/devices/details?id=nexus_7_32gb

And there’s a wi-fi and HSPA+ 32gb version for £239 😀

I_Ache
    Free Member

I’m really torn on this now. I was hoping the Nexus 10 would come in at under £300. I really like the Nexus 10 but now I’m not sure if I should get that, a refurbished iPad 2 or a Nexus 7.

I prefer android on phones to iOS, and a bigger screen would be a benefit to me. The 10 is better than the iPad 2 but a refurbd iPad is £50 cheaper and I have some DRM’d videos from iTunes that I would like to be able to put on whatever I get.

Oh what to do?

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘PSA: 32GB Google Nexus 7 – Out!’ is closed to new replies.