• This topic has 11 replies, 7 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by DrP.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • PSA: 30% off Wera & Cane Creek at TF Tuned
  • johnw1984
    Free Member

Finally taken the plunge and bought a Cane Creek IL Coil shock for my Intense Spider.

30% off till Sunday night too! Shock, mounting kit and Valt spring came to £315.

Bigmantrials

Keep being tempted by this too, just need to make up my mind!

johnw1984
    Free Member

I know how you feel. Every bike I’ve had, I was always on the edge of trying a coil! Want to look into a coil fork too soon.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    PJM1974
    Free Member

I’ve a Cane Creek IL bought from a fellow forumite that’s fitted to our Norco Sight. When it worked, the shock was awesome but the inevitable internal seal blowout happened and it’s subsequently been serviced and with an additional £90 has had the kitchen sink thrown at it – it came back from TF Tuned with a bag containing the old air can, piston, piston seal and even the lockout lever was replaced.

The end result is pretty good – I am suitably impressed. In terms of performance it’s a distinct improvement – they’re still at £349 in an age when air shocks are creeping up towards double that. Certainly it doesn’t feel wanting when compared with the STX 22 fitted to my Enduro that I’m less than impressed with.

johnw1984
    Free Member

Yeah, I got a DB IL Air on my Hightower to replace the lump of wood Monarch and it was night and day difference. Made the 135mm rear travel feel bottomless and it still pedaled really well!

Hoping for similar results with this coil. I’ve probably said this about 10 times, but I’ve got a feeling that this bike will make it past the 12 month point 🙂

rossburton
    Free Member

Super pleased with a DB IL Air I swapped for a X-Fusion O2 on my Cotic Rocket. Hoping this will stave of the desire to swap my Rocket26 for a FlareMax…

DrP

I MAY have fallen foul of this PSA, and treated the new Stumpy to a CB DB air IL!!!
    Just over £250 for what, by all intents, is a cracking shock that seems to have fixed the reliability issues of previous versions…
    plus they do a stumpy specific tune..
    get in!!

This bike is turning into Trigger’s broom!

DrP

johnw1984
    Free Member

Nice one, we need some pics when you update! 🙂

DrP

will do!!!

DrP

nedrapier

This bike is turning into Trigger’s broom

That would imply the parts you’re taking off were worn out. All you’re doing is buying a really fancy bike via installments!

kiwifiz
    Free Member

Fab upgrade. The bar mounted climb switch is a very worthy addition too…..

DrP

That’s true ed!

I’ve got a mint set of Fox 34s, and soon a Fox DPS rear shock to move on!

Interested??

DrP

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘PSA: 30% off Wera & Cane Creek at TF Tuned’ is closed to new replies.

New deal added to Members Discounts