PSA: 25% off Google Nexus 4 phone

Home Forum Chat Forum PSA: 25% off Google Nexus 4 phone

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 44 total)
  • PSA: 25% off Google Nexus 4 phone
  • DrP

Good spot!
    Just ordered a 16g one…have been hovering over the BIN button for a while, just waiting for this to happen!

DrP

allthepies

Ooo!

How much for the different memory models ?

(Work interwebs won’t let me see the google play store)

Premier Icon cp
    Subscriber

159 for 8gb

199 for 16gb

Loudest suggestion yet that the Nexus 5 is around the corner, with pricing similar to what the 4 was at?

allthepies

Ta.

Was hovering over buying a quad-code phone direct from China for similar money, might pick this up instead.

hora

What size sim does it take and is it open to all networks (i.e 3?).

I’m sick of my S3 Mini

Premier Icon nickjb
    Subscriber

This seems to be the phone of choice here. Now it’s even cheaper. Stick a giffgaff sim in and you are free contracts. I presume there is a new one out soon but this is still a great phone

https://play.google.com/store/devices/details?id=nexus_4_8gb&hl=en_GB

Premier Icon cp
    Subscriber

hora – they are open to all networks. it uses a micro sim, so get a new one off your network provider, or cut down your existing one using a template.

hjghg5

Hora – mine is on 3. Great phone.

epo-aholic

bugger……just signed up to 24mth contract again ๐Ÿ™

Premier Icon chakaping
    Subscriber

Phone experts – Is this better than an S2?

DrP

Righto – can anyone recommend a decent, cheap neoprene case for this? I like the ‘slip’ type ones, and you can usually pick them up for a few quid on eBay, but wondered if anyone had a good suggestion/link…

DrP

Premier Icon uphilla
    Subscriber

Isn’t the memory size an issue on the Nexus? – no expansion slot ๐Ÿ™

Premier Icon smogmonster
    Subscriber

Just ordered an 8gb version. Good spot OP. How does GiffGaff work then? Is it as easy as a Direct Debit? It looks good value.

jekkyl

tesco do very good sim only deals as well and you can usually pick up the mini sim at one of the larger stores foc.

How does GiffGaff work then?

It’s all self managed on line and very easy. Like a contract but with no tie in.

http://giffgaff.com/index/offer

Request a SIM, create an account and away you go. Port your own number in if you want. Took 24 hours for me and the Mrs.

You can either load credit and use that, or use credit to buy a ‘goody bag’ that lasts a month. Free calls giffgaff to giffgaff for 3 months then. Goody bags can be set to recur automatically so it’s easy.

If you use a referral link to sign up, you get a fiver credit and so does the referrer. Here’s my link if you want a fiver ๐Ÿ˜‰
    http://giffgaff.com/orders/affiliate/gravityslave

Had a Nexus 4 on Giffgaff since November and very happy with both.

jekkyl

the lovely glass back to my nexus got smashed when I came off the bike on Ice in winter, with it in my back pocket of my jersey and that was with a gel case on. Other than that it’s ace.

theflatboy

epo-aholic – Member

bugger……just signed up to 24mth contract again

There is no way I’m doing anything like that ever again – 18 months is a joke, considering the price I am currently locked in at for a phone that was never worth it to start with. I’m keeping the one I’ve got and going GifGaf when my contract is over. When it eventually needs replacing, buying something like a Nexus and sticking on sim only, no contract with GifGaf literally saves hundreds of pounds.

Premier Icon kimbers
    Subscriber

ordered, my missus has been looking for a new phone this is perfect!

Yeah, glass back the biggest down side.
    Broke mine too, right over the camera lens.

Official LG spare back:
    http://www.spareslg.com/tampa-de-bateria-lg-nexus-4-lg-e960-acq86231201.html

DIY fix is easy, guides on YouTube.

crankman

Don’t find storage space an issue on mine since I use Google Music to have all my tunes in the cloud and then it just caches a few Gb locally.

Premier Icon dave360
    Subscriber

on sale because new model is just about to come out?

DrP

^^
    Probably.
    But, if it meets your needs then it’s a bargain…
    (Says DrP, coming from an ancient HTC Desire….!)

DrP

DrP

Arrived today ๐Ÿ™‚
    Very pleased so far- noticeably faster than the HTC desire it replaced…
    Cutting the sim down was easy… Just reinstalling apps now….

DrP

chvck

I cracked a corner on the back of mine by sleeping on it! These are outright the slippiest phones ever, leave it on ANY slightly angled surface and it’ll slide down it. Good phone though.

twang

I was on my way to the tills there but the dirty ‘tax’ word cropped up.
    Whats that likely to be then, anyone know?…could be a deal breaker

Premier Icon kimbers
    Subscriber

DrP did u follow an online guide for your sim trim?

Premier Icon cp
    Subscriber

I was on my way to the tills there but the dirty ‘tax’ word cropped up.
    Whats that likely to be then, anyone know?…could be a deal breaker

er… VAT. I assume you didn’t put a delivery address in which will define the tax you pay. Assuming you’re UK, that’ll be 20%, which is included in the 199 price for the 16Gb version. The total you will pay for a UK delivery is ยฃ208.99 including VAT & delivery (an extra 9.99).

Premier Icon debaser
    Subscriber

Thanks for the PSA, just ordered a 16GB to replace my aged and ailing HTC Desire.

A cyanogen ROM and GiffGaff SIM had given the HTC a new lease of life but the tiny onboard memory was getting increasingly frustrating. Might try stripping back the Desire to a GPS only navigation device.

Looking forward to seeing how much quicker and slicker the Nexus is.

the dirty ‘tax’ word cropped up

VAT is included in the price quoted, but there is a tenner delivery charge.

DrP

Kimbers, I did.
    It was the first or second hit on Google- it has an a4 sheet you print out. Used a steel rule and pencil to draw the lines, then easily cut it with scissors….

DrP

twang

VAT is included in the price quoted, but there is a tenner delivery charge.

Its telling me that tax and shipping will be added at checkout
    I have to put in CC details before I reach checkout – which makes me uneasy

Premier Icon cp
    Subscriber

??? Are you UK based? tax is VAT.

The prices 199 and 169 include VAT. Should you be looking at the google play website in GBP, but want delivery to say, Australia, then the tax will be different & it will inform you of that when you put the delivery address in.

Premier Icon kayak23
    Subscriber

It comes out at about 208 quid. I ordered the 16, but have actually changed my mind.
    I think glass as a back panel is ridiculous. Lots of stories about breaking it about. I’ll break it for sure. Impulsive.. ๐Ÿ˜•

DrP

I’ll give you ยฃ160 for it….. ๐Ÿ˜‰

DrP

dobo

i broke my ancient wildfire was looking at the nexus 4 but was put off by no expansion the glass and the price. now its cheaper which might have swayed me but ive got some chinese job on its way now which will take a 64gb card, fingers crossed

allthepies

Did DPD deliver it ? And did they EMail / txt you with a delivery time on the day ?

Premier Icon kayak23
    Subscriber

Did DPD deliver it ?

Not actually received it yet, but it’s going back.

Premier Icon debaser
    Subscriber

Kayak23 – If you have just ordered you should be able to cancel before it is even sent out.

Premier Icon kayak23
    Subscriber

Yeah, I think you have an hour window or something. It took me overnight to realise I was an impulsive fool with access to an overdraft… ๐Ÿ˜•
    Have to wait to get it, to send it back unopened.

ross980

Wife has it, great phone. For those worried about breaking the glass try this:
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B00B7QGT6U

Premier Icon Bez
    Subscriber

Anyone got any useful comments/comparisons on battery life for the Nexus 4? The Internet seems massively ambivalent about it.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 44 total)

The topic ‘PSA: 25% off Google Nexus 4 phone’ is closed to new replies.