Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • PSA – 2012/2013 Boardman Team CX now silly cheap – £647
  • cp

OK, there aren’t many left, but they’re 809 at the moment, with £60 off over £600 = £749. Less British Cycling 10% = £674. Less 4% in-store quidco = £647 overall.

Bargain. Just find a store with one.

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_storeId_10001_catalogId_10151_productId_777731_langId_-1_categoryId_165710

SilentSparky
    Free Member

Do you put the British Cycling discount online or instore when you collect?

cp

you print off the voucher from the BC website and present in store when you collect. Register your payment card with quidco first for the 4% bit.

clubber
    Free Member

So if I join BC now, would I get the voucher code straight away?

cp

it’s not a code, just a voucher you print off (though it does have a barcode they scan on it).

but yes, once your payment has been processed for BC membership, you get access to the membership benefits section. I just went for the basic £13 membership.

clubber
    Free Member

Thanks 🙂

SilentSparky
    Free Member

None close to me, road trip on Saturday as long as they don’t go beforehand.

cp

just order it now – you have a couple of days to collect, and if you call them with an expected date after you’ve ordered, they’ll hold it for you for longer.

Bigmantrials

I was only looking at these a week ago, then decided that a bike purchase in the middle of a house purchase wouldn’t be the most responsible thing to do, however at this price it is very tempting! Especially since all 3 of my local halfords have the right size in stock!!

notmyrealname
    Free Member

That’s very tempting.
    We do a salary sacrifice thing at work for Halfords bikes so it’d only cost me about £60 a month. The only problem is that it would take work ages to sort out the paperwork for it and there’s no bikes in stock anywhere near me!

stumpy_m4
    Free Member

No Smalls 🙁

codybrennan
    Free Member

No mediums 🙁

The 2012/13 looks much better than the 2014 too.

AlexSimon

Just be careful about ordering a Large if you’re borderline – they are long.

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

i saw one in Stourbridge cash convertors the other week,…well i think it was one of these…?

pjm84
    Free Member

Just noticed this:

The Halfords discount is only available in store. You can reserve products online and collect in store with your printed voucher and membership card. If there is a special online price, unfortunately the discount cannot be applied on top in store. Excludes all website only prices and deals

Anyone managed the additional discount? Was just about to order an XL.

pjm84
    Free Member

Okay I’m being stupid. When I order online for collection it wants to take payment.

cp

Weird, certainly used to be able to stack the BC discount on top of online discounts. – the voucher explicitly said you could.

Might be worth checking the other thread, see how folk got on recently

cp

If it says pay online, it means the shop doesn’t actually have stock – does it say collect sat or similar? If they actually have stock, then you can collect next day and it says pay in store.

pjm84
    Free Member

Argh I see. It say available when you check stock but when you click the info sign it say its not in stock but can be delivered to the store for Saturday.

nano
    Free Member

Done!

Will report back on if it arrives in bits / cracked etc. Great deal even at £749 IMHO

Jamie
    Free Member

cracked etc

Old model innit? So they are fine.

Janesy
    Free Member

whats the geometry on these? as the large says 55.5 but on the Boardman website the 2014 is a medium.

I just want to know what the top is is like before I drive 60miles round trip….

chakaping
    Free Member

as the large says 55.5 but on the Boardman website the 2014 is a medium.

I just want to know what the top is is like

Did that come out right? Don’t understand the question.

The geo is the same as their road bikes AFAIK.

cp

geo hasn’t changed from 2012 to 2014.

not sure what the question is though

AlexSimon

Janesy – Member

whats the geometry on these? as the large says 55.5 but on the Boardman website the 2014 is a medium.

I just want to know what the top is is like before I drive 60miles round trip….
    I think you’re confusing Top Tube Length with Frame size (usually seat tube length).
    The geometry is identical between 2013/2014
    The Top Tube Length is:
    XS -SM -MD -LG -XL
    525 540 555 570 585

(although I dont remember an XS existing in the previous range)

cp

the XS is a new addition for 2014

SilentSparky
    Free Member

Did anyone manage to get the additional BC discount when collecting?

chakaping
    Free Member

I did when it was 10% off weekend recently, take voucher in and be nice to checkout person.

pjm84
    Free Member

Gave up in the end and ordered an 2014 CAADX 105 (Dont need or want 11speed on a cross bike)

godzilla
    Free Member

Cheers for the a Psa, had to join BSC and used top cash back so came to £666.25 all in.
    I’m looking forward to getting it dirty.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)

The topic ‘PSA – 2012/2013 Boardman Team CX now silly cheap – £647’ is closed to new replies.