Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • PSA – 1L sealant bargains
  • DezB
    Free Member

Acycles – https://www.acycles.co.uk/catalogsearch/result/?q=sealant

Hutchinson 1l @ £12.74 (excellent stuff, but usually too expensive)
    Ritchey 1l @ £17.50 (not tried it)

(postage is £3.99)
    Also tubeless tyres pretty good prices on there (eg. Hutchinson gravel :£23)

DezB
    Free Member

oh and they still have 26″ Magic Marys!

greenyakker
    Free Member

I wouldn’t touch Acyles with a bargepole after my last order – they got an item on my order wrong and have ignored my attempts to contact them regarding it, items that were “in stock” were obviously ordered in and they keep spamming me with abandoned basket emails. Recent Trustpilot reviews indicate I’m not the only one to have problems either….

DezB
    Free Member

I’ve used them before and they’ve been ok. Weird though – last thing I ordered was a new helmet for my son and it was posted from France, which I hadn’t noticed on previous orders. It arrived ok though.
    have ignored my attempts to contact them regarding it – 03306 840902 ? “Bonjour” 😉

brant
    Free Member

That reminds me of something that needs to go in todays Planet X / On-One newsletter.

nickfrog
    Free Member

Terrible supplier. Zero customer service if anything goes wrong. I wouldn’t use them at any price, probably even if it was free. Bunch of Muppets.

ads678

I’ve been waiting for a set of grips for my daughters bike for about 3 weeks now. Ordered 21st Feb, emailed ACycles, 1st March and didn’t get a response, then a despatched email was sent out on the 8th. Still waiting….

They are French though and I know their postal service can be a bit shit sometimes, but answering emails isn’t hard, even if they don’t speak English

johnw1984
    Free Member

Reminds me of Mickey Flanagan’s view on the French 🙂

ads678

Nothing against the french, I love em, but from experience of sending stuff to my sister house in rural France, thier postal service can be a bit hit an miss sometimes……

nickfrog
    Free Member

Probably simpler to buy 2 of these with the usual £5 discount https://www.tredz.co.uk/.Effetto-Mariposa-Caffelatex-Sealant-1000ml_91132.htm

It works out at £13.50 a litre and it’s a brilliant product.

Poopscoop

Caffelatex is excellent stuff. Don’t use anything else now.

DezB
    Free Member

So is the Hutchinsons! Forget I said anything *sulks*

😆

DezB
    Free Member

Oh, Planet X have got one I’ve never heard of for £9.99 a litre.
    Thing is it says – “Quick liquid sealant, for professional use.”

Made me chuckle, cos there was a running joke me and my mate used to have – anything with “Professional use” on it is invariably shit 😆 (think bikes, badminton, tennis racquets. Used to have it on all the cheap tat!)

Andy_K

I just splashed out on a 5L tub of the Huchinson stuff, seems the same as Stans, and it has sealed holes for real, so I’m happy with it.

brant
    Free Member

Oh, Planet X have got one I’ve never heard of for £9.99 a litre.
    Thing is it says – “Quick liquid sealant, for professional use.”

Made me chuckle, cos there was a running joke me and my mate used to have – anything with “Professional use” on it is invariably shit 😆 (think bikes, badminton, tennis racquets. Used to have it on all the cheap tat!)

lolz.

I meant this:-

https://www.planetx.co.uk/i/q/WSOKOMMHF/oko-magic-milk-hi-fibre-tyre-sealant

DezB
    Free Member

Looks the same as the Hutchinsons, with the black particles… hmm.
    seems the same as Stans – Hutch lasts much longer though.

bedmaker

For extreme race use that one…

Is that better or worse than professional use?

When is someone going to invent a sealant that works for us general plodders?

boomerlives
    Free Member

I’ve just out of a dispute with Acycles on a delivery.

Avoid at all costs. They come up at the top of the list when you are Googling, but they try to hide the fact that they are not in the UK – a .co.uk website for starters.

They give you a tracking note that says a delivery was attempted and the item is at a Post Office. They can’t say which one.

They do not reply to any correspondence from the customer or Paypal. God knows what you’d suffer if you have a warranty issue.

Acycles = Avoid

DezB
    Free Member

My sealant turned up just fine.

They give you a tracking note that says a delivery was attempted and the item is at a Post Office
    This sounds like a courier issue (RM/Parcelforce?) not the online shop.
    But, yeah (as demonstrated in this very thread), there’s plenty of competition if you want to avoid them.

StuE
    Free Member

My order also turned up without any dramas

simons_nicolai-uk
    Free Member

So is the Hutchinsons! Forget I said anything *sulks

I bought a 5l bottle of Hutchinson and it seeems to go “off” (ie dry up) quicker than anything else i’ve used. A couple of weeks and i need to add more. Can’t recommend.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘PSA – 1L sealant bargains’ is closed to new replies.