• This topic has 292 replies, 55 voices, and was last updated 2 years ago by K.
Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 293 total)
  • PSA. £199 paddle boards
  • hungrymonkey
    Free Member

Or their 2 kids like the woman I met. It is what it is.

RustyNissanPrairie

Sold out in Rawtenstall at 8:10 this morning when MrsRNP tried, I nipped out from work and got her one from Accrington – 5 left a few mins ago.

scuttler

11 on eBay UK right now. So maybe one for them and one for their partner, or one for eBay and another for eBay.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I don’t think that buying more than one of something necessarily makes you a ****. However your post comes across as quite ****y.

Already being scalped on eBay

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Mistral-Inflatable-Stand-Up-Paddle-Board-SUP-Complete-Set-Up-Kayak-Kit-/254948746905?_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49286

To be fair, I bought 1, because I was damned if I was going to miss out on getting one whilst walking back for a trolley rather than queuing. Then went back for a 2nd for the OH once it was in the car.

But a lot of people will be chucking them straight on eBay/Facebook.

simon_g

8 in Bromley North Lidl just now. We don’t have good sup spots on our doorstep!

singletrackmind

Hayling island haf 24 sold in 20 mins this morning.
    I missed out by 15 mins.
    Gutted
    If anyone sees one in their local lidl buy it please
    I will pay you by bacs, plusca handling fee and we can orgsnise a courier soonish.
    I know this is a big ask, and im not quite a big hitter on here but been around for years, know loads of folk who can vouch for me. I appreciate 200 quid is alot of dosh for a random internet stranger but trust me. I will square it all away ASAP

Drac

If I spot one I’ll grab you one, have to go out this am so can’t check my local but can try others I might pass.

jam-bo

£350 seems to be the going rate on my local facebook marketplace

jaylittle
    Free Member

The two I bought were for me and the missus. They will certainly see plenty of use. Been after a pair for a while.

DezB
    Free Member

If anyone sees one in their local lidl buy it please

I’ll pop up Cowplain in a bit, see if they have any. £350 yeah? 😀

poly
    Free Member

I could’ve bought more than one but because I’m not a **** I didn’t. God I hate some people.

I already have a Decathlon one so my biggest problem now is having to pump two of these things up 😓

So you own two paddleboards but don’t think anyone else should be allowed to buy two paddleboards at the same time!

sharkbait
    Free Member

My local Lidl sold me and a mate the last 2 at 9 last night, they said they had 4 in total and had already sold 2!

We went to the next town and the Lidl superstore had over 10 and hadn’t sold any!

How many did you buy there?

stevie750

my mum was at paisley for it opening and there was a queue of 20 people already there. Only 4 boards on sale

DezB
    Free Member

Sold out in both (yes, that’s the kind of area I live in! TWO LIDLs!) of my local shops.

Wish I hadn’t bothered, it’ a nightmare out there at the mo. Why so much traffic at 10:30am?!? Didn’t even want a stupid board for myself!

DezB
    Free Member

I could’ve bought more than one but because I’m not a **** I didn’t. God I hate some people.

You should really save that hatred for something a little more worthwhile.

RustyNissanPrairie

The one I bought for MrsRNP will be used at her mums place in France when we can travel again – perfect shallow inland sea lake/estuary. She’d been after one for awhile so perfect PSA!

uwe-r
    Free Member

There is a whole bunch on Ebay for £295. All seem to be sold by the same chap. A quick look at what else he is selling leads me to think he might work the night shift in the Lidl warehouse.

rone

One at Retford and I got it.

3 people after me asking.

hot_fiat

Tried several stores in the North East today. All sold out by 10.

scuttler

Hoolee poop. I’ll retract my hatred-and-scorn statement. Yeah there are legitimate purchases of two. Yeah the internet, ebay and stuff like HUKD has created a whole generation of scalpers buying up stuff purely for the purposes of resale. Yeah we all ran out of toilet roll this time last year because people are shits and can’t help themselves.

For those that got one/two/many – well done (including me). I bought a Decathlon last year as part of a syndicate – it gets used a fair bit, so I got another one. For those that missed out, it’s disappointing. For those that chuck them on straight on ebay – I salute your entrepreneurial spirit!

scuttler

will be used at her mums place in France when we can travel again – perfect shallow inland sea lake/estuary.

Quality spot that – I visited when we stayed up in the hills a few km away at Montseret. Spent a week drowning in Rose wine.

oopnorth
    Free Member

Wife picked one up late last night at our local Lidl, good job as there were none first thing this morning when I went in to get my food for lunch. Staff were calling other stores for stock.

We already have a board but wanted one more so we can paddle together.

yourguitarhero
    Free Member

Guess I’ll be getting one from Sports Pursuit.

Similar sold out by 805 stories around here

molgrips
    Free Member

If I get the Decathlon one now, having not got a Lidl one, am I missing out?

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Probably not, I suspect the decathlon ones are probably better. I’m expecting “good for £200” rather than in absolute terms. I’ve been after one for a while but couldn’t justify buying 2 higher priced boards. But as AJC rather condescendingly put it:

I wouldn’t expect too much from that. 15 psi limit is not a lot so more big bendy lilo than performance craft. I’m sure it’s perfect for noodling round in circles like most sups are used for

Although 15psi is normal for higher prices boards too, the difference normally comes down to how many drop stitches they use and other aspects of the construction.

I’m sure after a few years I’ll become an expert at it and get on the pro world tour with AJC 😜

Drac

Tried 2 while out and about @singletrackmind but no luck sorry.

oldtennisshoes

If I get the Decathlon one now, having not got a Lidl one, am I missing out?
    Well you’ll definitely be paying more.

Although 15psi is normal for higher prices boards too
    Our decathlon model tops out at 15 psi and is pretty rigid.

singletrackmind

Bugger
    Thanks folks for trying though

Cmon stw, you’re my only hope

scuttler

Our decathlon model tops out at 15 psi and is pretty rigid.

Like rock-hard. If all you’re used to in the world of inflatables is bike tyres (compact and squeezed against a rigid metal thing) and lilos / airbeds, you’d be gobsmacked what 15 psi of 3 metre paddleboard actually feels like. Then there’s the effort to get it there (lots) and the noise when you depress the valve to deflate.

Tracey

Our local had quite a few in at 9.00 this morning. Thought about one but bought croissants and some of the Italian stuff instead

sharkbait
    Free Member

Then there’s the effort to get it there (lots) and the noise when you depress the valve to deflate.

Always puts a smile on my face when I hear a paddleboard being deflated at the beach we go to – I think of the effort that’s gone into compressing that air only to let it all out a few hours later!

Thankfully ours live in the store room under the beach hut and are never fully deflated (just a partial release of pressure at the end of the summer) unless it’s coming away on holiday with us 🙂

Tracey

Looks like we weren’t the only ones in the family to look.
    Abigale called on her way back from the Peak and got one for her trips.

mogrim

Roughly how heavy are inflateable boards? (Not particularly concerned about the Lidl model, just a general idea…)

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Roughly how heavy are inflateable boards? (Not particularly concerned about the Lidl model, just a general idea…)

Give or take a bit, 1kg/ft.

In context the box/rucksack feels really surprisingly heavy, but inflated it feels like it’s going to blow away in the breeze.

mogrim

Cheers, so under 15kg including the paddle+pump. Fairly portable in a backpack I guess. Ignoring for a moment the effort needed to pump the thing up 🙂

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Yea certainly, I wouldn’t want to walk for hours with it. But I definitely intend on getting the train up the river and padding down again.

Or taking it into work for a lunchtime paddle. I reckon I could even bivi and paddle into work 🤣. Although getting back upstream might take most of the weekend 🤣

Just been out in the garden to play with it, inflating it really isn’t that much effort. No worse than say inflating a car tyre from flat with a track pump.

winston
    Free Member

The Lidl one is such good value (actually its being sold at cost) because it is dual chamber and dual skin. This means its more rigid and holds its shape better plus slightly stronger. It will also last longer.

Not sure if the pump is plastic or mateal barrelled – its made by Bravo and the metal barrel ones are the ones we sell with our SUPs and cost about £35 on their own.

The fact that it also comes with a quality bag also enhances its value – the clip on seat is pointless

Its a board that should retail at around 350-400 euro in most french beach shops and even discounted it is normally only 299 euro

A lot of the Tesco, The Range, ‘insert shop trying to make a quick buck here’ SUPs at a similar price are single chamber single skin and quite frankly best avoided. Many say 15psi but will struggle to hold shape at that pressure – however theLidl one should be fine up to 17-18psi

willjones
    Free Member

Just unpacked ours, blown it up, and typed a long post to find @winston has said it all. The kids will enjoy the seat. I think the pump is metal barrelled. Went up quicker than the Red one we borrowed in the summer. Bag is good, would be better with wheels but not complaining – the whole package (apart from the seat) seems really robust and comparable to Red from the outside at least. Fin protectors, decent repair kit and dry bag are all nice touches too for the price.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Pump seems to have a plastic barrel (based on the fingernail ping test) and a metal shaft.

I guessed that about the chambers, I presume the seam between the two acts like a stringer in a conventional board?

Only negative I’ve found so far is the paddle is slightly short for me, but then I guess they’re trying to cover the biggest range of kids and adults and I’m tall and outside the bell curve.

FB-ATB

I wonder if Lidl & Decathlon are in collusion? Have a limited supply at cost, stoke demand from people who were SUP curious, then all those disappointed at missing a bargain go to the next best option ‘cos they don’t want to miss out again.

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 293 total)

The topic ‘PSA. £199 paddle boards’ is closed to new replies.