Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • PSA – 18v Li-ion SDS drill in Lidl
  • dannybgoode

Just got myself one of these

£70 notes for a cordless drill with proper SDS chuck so proper pneumatic hammer action. Made mincemeat of a drilling job my 18v B&D drill could barely make a mark on.

Seems very nicely put together – subsidiary of Einhell it would appear.

Cheers

Damny B

18bikes

Makita are available for not much more though. Agree that SDS is an absolute winner, I now wonder how I managed any real drilling before I bought one!

z1ppy

Really? Gotta link?
    I can’t find anything in makita range that near that price wise.
    A quick search on screwfix, says the cheapest is £150+

dannybgoode

Seen Makitas for around the £100 mark with a single battery but they are SDS and still £30 more.

For the occasional diyer that I am that’s a reasonable price difference.

Trouble is i live in a house built in 1890 so when drilling in to walls i sometimes encounter nothing more than horsehair reinforced plaster but sometimes flint, granite, diamond etc so need something with a bit of kick.

This one seems to fit the bill nicely

rockhopperbike

does the drill take normal drill bits, or just the SDS type and the SDS-Hex types?

dannybgoode

SDS – it has a full SDS chuck.

Comes with some bits though – 6mm, 8mm and 10mm full SDS masonry and the same in wood bits + a hex adapter for these.

Proper bit of kit – fast charger as well.

Only real downside so far is only the one battery but again, for a diyer like me its not a deal breaker.

@Z1ppy£99 Li-ion Makita. My comment above is meant to say *not* SDS IRO of the Makita though…

Cheers

Danny B

18bikes

apologies – missed the bit about cordless. I’ve got corded for the big drill, reckon that makes most sense.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘PSA – 18v Li-ion SDS drill in Lidl’ is closed to new replies.