• This topic has 23 replies, 12 voices, and was last updated 5 years ago by mboy.
Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • PSA: 150mm 27.5 Fox 36 perf £420 @ CRC (Fox 34 Factory 120mm 29er £520
  • whatyadoinsucka
    Free Member

seems a good price, i messaged CRC and they say details are 15×110 so boost

https://www.chainreactioncycles.com/r-pm/redhotdeals2019/frames-forks?f=4294961510&sort=az

wwaswas

Ta 🙂

zinger
    Free Member

and these are non boost allegedly – just bought a pair @£419 from wiggle – will find out if they have told the truth soon – of course as their not boost the trail wont come alive at all while riding on them 😎

Fox Suspension 36 Float Performance Elite Forks 27.5 150mm 15qr 27.5

https://www.wiggle.co.uk/fox-suspension-36-float-perfromance-elite-forks/

scruff
    Free Member

CRC ones are boost, mine arrived yesterday, just forks in brown box so OEM. Dark green khaki stickers, trying to work out what they were intended to go on. They are 180 post mount.

cloudnine
    Free Member

How do the 36’s compare to pikes and yaris?
    Was just looking at getting some new forks but never owned Fox

jsync

I’d say a Bronson V2 with those colours.

kimbers

@Cloudnine, damping of the pike, with stiffness of the yaris!

Good* price & I much prefer the black stanchions to kashima !

* Good as in cheaper than normal, still a lot of cash !!

whatyadoinsucka
    Free Member

+1 on what jsync said, definately santa cruz/jungle products..

shooterman

Is getting those decals off easy I wonder? £21is for replacement decals from Silk Graphics.

whatyadoinsucka
    Free Member

hairdryer should do it, and then alcohol
    aka one beer to drink and a spirit to wipe of the residue

Rubber_Buccaneer

Is getting those decals off easy I wonder?

I was a lazy boy and paid D&D Cycles to do mine in not many minutes while I had a coffee (decals came from Stickers Decals and Graphics and look rather nice)

shooterman

About to take the plunge. Just wondering why there’s £100 ish difference between the various 27.5 36’s on CRC?

whatyadoinsucka
    Free Member

my guess would be

£419.99 is 27.5 3-position “FIT4 damper” 150mm, 44mm fork rake and boost 15x110mm (OEM)
    £684 is 27.5 3-position “FIT4 damper” 160mm, 44mm fork rake and boost 15x110mm (After market)
    £549.99 is 27.5 3-Position “FIT Grip” 150mm, 51mm fork rake and boost 15x110mm (OEM)
    £699.99 Factory kashima

shooterman

Thanks for taking the time to give that reply above.

Took the plunge with the cheapest option. Actually rang CRC and they could’t tell me what the difference was between the forks.

whatyadoinsucka
    Free Member

good choice I’d guess that particular one is likely to change in price upwards.
    i cant justify replacing my fox34 27.5 fork and would have jumped at a 29er one for that price on my other bike.

shooterman

The 36’s were an upgrade I wanted for no reason other than the Fox 36 equipped model of my bike wasn’t available in my size when I was buying.

I was about to sell my bike on the calculation that the cost of the upgrades I wanted would be equal to the cost of just buying a new bike minus the sale price of my own.

At £419 CRC blew that calculation out of the water.

zinger
    Free Member

fyi – even though wiggle said the “Fox Suspension 36 Float Performance Elite Forks 27.5 150mm 15qr 27.5” they are selling were not boost the one that arrived today is boost – all you get is a fork and 110 quick release in a brown box – that’s really in not up to the job of protecting the fork in transit – got a chip down near the axle where fork had gone through box. Not sure if i can be bothered with hassle of sending back – as even with the chip its still a good buy at £419 , and i can get myself a converter to use my current 100 mm wheel

whatyadoinsucka
    Free Member

definately oem stock from jungle/sc then. crazy they are shipping so badly, imagine getting a TV sent like that..

just seen they have a kashima fox34 29er 120mm for £520 , some great prices

shooterman

@Zinger. I’m not sure if you left the review on the CRC site or not. Anyway, I read the review about the poor packaging and contacted CRC. I live about 40 miles away from their shop in Belfast and asked if I could order online and collect in store to avoid the damage risk from the poor packaging.

Apparently it’s not a service they offer. Adequate packaging would appear to be another service they don’t offer.

tenacious_doug
    Free Member

CRC have been packaging stuff like this for years, surely this isn’t a surprise to anyone, nor should it be hugely surprising that stuff being punted out for half RRP is coming with significant corners cut, can’t have your cake and eat it.

I’m expecting mine to arrive today, I fully expect the packaging to be rubbish, if the forks are damaged as a result it is a pretty simple task to send them back.

timc
    Free Member

Peoples thoughts on these being an upgrade in a pike?

scruff
    Free Member

Anyone had these and whipped the top cap off yet? I’ve not got the correct socket, was wondering how many spacers there are (should be 2 from the factory), mine aren’t getting last 20mm of travel after a week of riding.

mboy
    Free Member

Not sure if i can be bothered with hassle of sending back – as even with the chip its still a good buy at £419 , and i can get myself a converter to use my current 100 mm wheel

Zinger, if you can’t be bothered to send them back, send me a pic, I may be interested to take them off you at the price you paid. I missed out on this crazy deal, I would actually be butchering the fork for parts anyway (need a CSU, Axle and 150mm air shaft) and anything I don’t use would just be going back on eBay as spares, so not really too bothered about a minor chip in the paint.

Let me know. Cheers

mboy
    Free Member

Anyone having 2nd thoughts on their fork now that it has arrived…? Let me know… I’ll buy it off you.

OR… If anyone has a 140 or 150mm air shaft in their fork, and they need a 160mm, let me know… Happy to do a swap.

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘PSA: 150mm 27.5 Fox 36 perf £420 @ CRC (Fox 34 Factory 120mm 29er £520’ is closed to new replies.