Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • PSA £0.03 brake cable
  • mikehopkins
    Free Member

Wiggle link

Obviously not premium quality but pretty cheap. Worth a shout I thought.

sugdenr
    Free Member

Obviously not premium quality

Beg to differ, I find their gear cables to just as good as anyones

soma_rich
    Free Member

ooh cheers just bought 10 🙂

scotroutes

Hateful things. You have to snip the “other” nipple off and hope the wire doesn’t start to fray before you insert it into the outer.

zilog6128

for 3p each I can deal with that. Ta OP.

midlifecrashes

Another 10 here, ta for the heads up.

belugabob
    Free Member

Hateful things. You have to snip the “other” nipple off and hope the wire doesn’t start to fray before you insert it into the outer.

Wrap some electrical tape around the cable, about 5mm from the point where you are going to cut it. (Really tightly)
    Cut the cable,
    Insert the 5mm end into the outer
    Remove the electrical tape.
    Continue to thread it through the outer.

(If you are not using one continuous run of outer, you will have to re-tape the end for each section of outer)

glupton1976
    Free Member

Wonder how many folk will actually get the cables. 😀

codybrennan
    Free Member

Bought 30! I’ve an excellent pair of Park Tool side cutters that will snip these cleanly.

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

10 for 30p, should last me a while

Onzadog
    Free Member

What’s a brake cable? 😉

D0NK

“MTB” doesn’t say mtb/road pic shows the dual ended ones tho…..need spare road don’t need mtb….hmmm.

zilog6128

10 for 30p, should last me a while forever

based on the number I’ve used in the last 5 years. Still, can’t hurt to stock up! 😀

D0NK

not working anyway, no option to add to basket

fasthaggis

Sold out ?

tomaso
    Free Member

Gone now

mattsccm
    Free Member

They soon stopped that one.

fasthaggis

Hateful things. You have to snip the “other” nipple off and hope the wire doesn’t start to fray before you insert it into the outer

This won’t happen if you spin it in the direction that the wire is wound in while pushing it through the outer 😉

midlifecrashes

Follow up: mine arrived this morning, Royal Mail tracked 48. They are MTB cables, barrel nipples only, no pear on the other end, so no snipping to do. Little bag of Tangfastics in there too! Cheers Wiggle, if you’re watching, and I’ll be back next time I need something bigger and the price is in the right ballpark.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Re cutting the cable, cut then cover in cheap super glue, no problems at all then.

tpbiker
    Free Member

Is it just me that finds it a bit selfish that folks decided to snap huge numbers of these PSAs up, rather than let other folks benefit as well. Its like the bite valve the other day that folks were buying x 10 just cause they were cheap…

stu170
    Free Member

Not selfish at all. Deals are always around. You have to be quick to get your bargains

midlifecrashes

Agree if you’re not going to use them. I have 3 kids on bikes, all rear brake cables need changing annually due to bad routing/design, plus my town bike, and my BB5 braked winter hack, the wife’s bike and the two kids bikes I need to service and sell as they’re outgrown now. I was a bit disappointed they weren’t dual nipple cables as the roadie on the turbo needs attention too. Should have bought more…

Scapegoat

I’d have thought we had all learnt from the Halfords High 5 debacle. In many of these instances someone has misplaced a decimal point and the site appears to be selling ridiculous bargains. A PSA will appear on here and every other cycling forum in the world, and every chancer will order enough to last a lifetime/make a killing on fleabay. Then a sold out sign will appear, then a load of folk will get “sorry, we can’t honour your order, here’s a refund” emails from wiggle/halfords, whoever, and then three or four pages of debate here on whether they are utter **** for not bankrupting themselves over a pricing cock-up, and funnily enough no-one actually gets five XTR chainsets for a tenner. Whodathoughtit?

glupton1976
    Free Member

My kids will all be getting new brake cables in their bikes. Could have done with them having the pear ends on them as none of my bikes use the drum style.

takisawa2

I look after the kids bike fleet for the school.
    If anyone has bought far more than they need I’d take some off you.
    Pretty sure they are all barrel type.

muzzle
    Free Member

I’m still waiting for either my cables to arrive or some sort of notification from Wiggle that the order has been cancelled… anyone else in the same limbo?

Jamie
    Free Member

If you have not heard anything from Wiggle, I would guess the order has been put on backorder. You can check this in your Wiggle account.

So, yes. Limbo.

muzzle
    Free Member

Yes, just thought of checking Wiggle order status! It’s ‘Awaiting Processing’. Not sure I’m any the wiser…

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)

The topic ‘PSA £0.03 brake cable’ is closed to new replies.