• This topic has 552 replies, 96 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by myti.
Viewing 40 posts - 321 through 360 (of 553 total)
  • PS5 or Xbox Series X
  • twistedpencil

This discord channel has been great

https://discord.gg/MKP43bf9

Invite link above, pretty sure I went there from here 🙂

shinton
    Free Member

Looking at the history on X Box Series X availability at John Lewis they sell out within 2 minutes of having stock. No chance of picking one up without some kind of bot at your disposal.

There was one at Argos Brixton a few minutes ago but out of my area.

st

Unexpectedly there was X Box stock showing at Argos this morning and I was able to order one for laddo. It’s collection from store only though so perhaps this is a way to target genuine users.

citizenlee
    Free Member

I’ve resigned myself to just waiting until I can walk into a store and buy the Series X.

P-Jay
    Free Member

I’ve resigned myself to just waiting until I can walk into a store and buy the Series X.

Same, frankly as I already pay them £11 for the Game Pass thing, I want to use ‘Xbox All Access’ route, I think it works out £50 cheaper over-all to buy it over 2 years, which is far easier than spending £500 “that we could have spent on curtains” or whatever the wife sees as more of a priority.

citizenlee
    Free Member

Same, frankly as I already pay them £11 for the Game Pass thing, I want to use ‘Xbox All Access’ route, I think it works out £50 cheaper over-all to buy it over 2 years, which is far easier than spending £500 “that we could have spent on curtains” or whatever the wife sees as more of a priority.

Haha, I’m lucky that my partner like gaming so she is quite keen for the new console too.

All Access does seem like a great deal but I don’t think I’d get accepted for credit as I’ve been a bit reckless with the finances in the past! Haven’t tried in years though, so maybe.

Cougar

which is far easier than spending £500 “that we could have spent on curtains” or whatever the wife sees as more of a priority.

She needs to pull herself together.

Drac

My suspicion is that they prefer to sell to scalpers as they will never get any warranty claims/returns off of them

The warranty is linked to the account for PS. Argos is the pretty much the only one who drops at 3am, most others do it during the day. Game went live at about 9am today.

P-Jay
    Free Member

Haha, I’m lucky that my partner like gaming so she is quite keen for the new console too.

All Access does seem like a great deal but I don’t think I’d get accepted for credit as I’ve been a bit reckless with the finances in the past! Haven’t tried in years though, so maybe.

Time is a great healer 😉

I used to be a close to ‘blacklisted’ as it’s possible to be, Experian rate me 999 out of 999 now.

julians
    Free Member

Fired up the Ps5 today, Holy hell it’s one big ugly unit.

Looks like an late 90s/early 2000s compaq desktop, but bigger.

Nice controller though.

Bit of a let down to be honest, but it’s what my son wanted for birthday, so hey ho. Hopefully some games worthy of the next gen tag will come out soon.

Drac

It’s a monster yeah all to help keep it cool and quiet, which it achieves. Let down? So you didn’t notice the fast load times, HDR enabled games and pulse feedback?

twistedpencil

Ours was fired up today as well for the first time. It’s big, but I like it. Silent running compared to the ps4.

Controller is ace, Astrobot is fun, a complete Mario knock off but that’s all good in my book. Load times have more or less disappeared and I’m now looking for a game to push it.  Returnal looks good but may be too hard for me :-).

So far I’m impressed.

Anyway, we now have a ps4 liberated for me and my girls. How do we go about sharing the ps plus account and playing Minecraft on the two machines together? Any help would be appreciated!

Drac

Anyway, we now have a ps4 liberated for me and my girls. How do we go about sharing the ps plus account and playing Minecraft on the two machines together? Any help would be appreciated!

Set the PS4 as your prime console on your account, then create them an account add that to the PS4.

julians
    Free Member

So you didn’t notice the fast load times, HDR enabled games and pulse feedback?

Hdr – same as my one x that I’ve had for 3 years

Fast load times – bit faster than my one x

Pulse feedback?? – what’s that then? The controller feedback? Yeah I said up there the controller is nice. The controller is the best bit about it so far.

I’m sure it’ll have games worthy of the next gen tag soon enough, but right now it’s got more in common with last gen.

Drac

Hdr – same as my one x that I’ve had for 3 years

Fast load times – bit faster than my one x

What about the Raytracing?

A bit faster? There is no comparison they’re near instant.

julians
    Free Member

The whole massiveness and whiteness of the ps5 is offending me so much, that I’ve ordered a matt black vinyl wrap from here

https://www.xtremeskins.co.uk/products/ps5-skins

to try and hide it a little/make it blend in a bit more. I’m normally totally fine with a big stack of tech under my telly but this thing is utterly awful looking and its ginormous. I have a big old amp, and a big old centre speaker, a humax aura and an xbox one x, and none of those bother me, but the ps5 is fugly. Maybe it would be better in its vertical config?

This article just about sums up my feelings on the look of the ps5

https://www.cnet.com/news/the-ps5-is-the-weirdest-thing-ive-ever-seen-in-my-life-playstation-5/

photos do not convey how big and ugly it is. It looks dated within 10 seconds of getting it out of the box.

P-Jay
    Free Member

Holy shit, that’s the first time I’ve seen a pic of one relative to something else.

I guess it’s a no-win game for designers, younger gamers will want something big and cool looking with LEDs etc, older games would probably like something that looks about as exciting as a Virgin media box or DVD player (showing my age there). Too big and it’s too big for older gamers, and potentially their non-gaming partners who don’t want their living rooms taken over by what looks like a Star Trek prop, too small and it sounds like a jet engine.

I suppose if you’ve got one of the non-drive versions and don’t like the size or look of it, there’s no much stopping you sticking it behind the TV.

SuperScale20
    Free Member

The PS5 size is some kind of joke return it and get an X series which is unbelievably small and super awesome.

julians
    Free Member

return it and get an X series which is unbelievably small and super awesome.

meh – fancied a change from xbox, had one for the last 15 years (or maybe more).

Drac

Mine is tucked down the side of the tv near the wall,  don’t actually mind it’s looks.

P-Jay
    Free Member

I considered a PS5, the size doesn’t put me off, and they seem a little easier to get hold of, I just have a lot of Xbox games, physical and ESD so I’m holding out for a Series X.

windyg
    Free Member

Just got a PS5 today, the larger size is much more obvious with it being white. Surprised by how quiet it is and the new controller is good, shame the HD wasn’t bigger. Going to take an age to transfer games over from the PS4 but quicker than d/loading again though.

FuzzyWuzzy

Has anyone sent a PS5 controller for warranty repair/replacement for drift yet? I’ve barely used mine (probably 25 hours total and not with stick mashing games either) but the left stick drifts badly now (painful to even navigate PS5 menus let alone play games). Tried the various ‘fixes’ mentioned online but they didn’t help so need to send it off. Bought another one yesterday (to make sure it was definitely the controller) and that’s fine.

Drac

I haven’t Fuzzy both mine are fine. I’m on a Facebook group for PS5 and there have been a few. Contact Playstation support they’ll arrange a replacement, it takes about 2 weeks.

I bagged another PS5 yesterday from Amazon it’s off to a friend’s son, when it arrives.

chrishc777
    Free Member

@drac I’ve been trying for months and still haven’t got one, where are you getting stock updates now that the Dischord channel stopped working?

erictwinge
    Free Member

chris, i followed @PS5StockAlertUK on Twitter. They post all the latest stock drop information.

Still took several drops from several retailers before i got lucky. they posted last night that Game are going to release stock of bundles this morning, but they have not posted this morning about it yet? (Game being a bit naughty in that customers purchasing bundles are having more success than console only punters) i was suckered by it and bought the console + assassins creed + extra controller.

i think demand is easing a bit now, many people are sorted…..

Drac

@chrishc777 I use Twitter following PS5SUKStock enable alerts for Twitter, they also have a discord.

Also follow PS5StockAlertUK too they seem to compete with each other seconds apart.

I’ve been asked to get one more now  😞

molgrips
    Free Member

Anyone else got coil whine from their PS5? Is it going away?

Drac

I haven’t but again it can occur. Some it’s due to a sticky label coming loose

https://www.psu.com/news/ps5-coil-whine-issue-how-to-fix-it/

Rich_s

Having got a couple from argos, I’d use them in preference to Amazon or Game (both of which I’d joined lots of queues for and / or got it in the basket etc).

I’ve posted about it above – there is a “trick” but because they drop at weird times in the night there seem to be fewer competitors. Plus same day delivery.

For me, it seems to be around 2.30-2.45 ish in the morning (NW England).

Drac

Yeah Argos is the easiest if you’re a wake.

For Amazon add it to your wish list, as soon as they drop use them app and wish list to add it your basket then then purchase. The website can’t seem to cope but the app is painless.

duckman

I am getting desperate now, son’s birthday is in July. I am going to try t he setting the alarm at 2am trick as I hate the idea of giving a scalper money.

Rich_s

I’ve tried several times on the amazon app and never got one. Last week’s error was “can’t ship to your location” and yesterday’s was something else random. I’m past caring – argos for max WIN.

All we seem to play is Gran Tourismo Sport and It Takes Two. Need to find something else, but the kids are happy on their switches.

julians
    Free Member

I ended up getting one from argos in their last drop a few weeks ago, I set the alarm for 3am, then it took several attempts with the website and app combined to get an order to go through – I still wasnt entirely sure it was going to turn up, but it did.

molgrips
    Free Member

Some it’s due to a sticky label coming loose

Mine is definitely electronic coil whine. It is a constant high pitched wawawawawawawawawawa sound and it gets louder under load but not faster. Does seem to be diminishing with time, but I can’t be sure. It’s such a pervasive noise that it doesn’t really matter how loud it is, to a point.

v7fmp

@julians – was that for a PS5 or Xbox?

julians
    Free Member

@julians – was that for a PS5 or Xbox?

Ps5

Drac

If you’re using Argos then I suggest delivery, you’ll get more luck. Mine arrived at 8 am from a 3 am delivery.

windyg
    Free Member

I got my PS5 from Game just went for the lowest priced bundle first, delivered within a week.

jimdubleyou

PSA – 25% off PS+ on the store at the moment…

£37.49 for 12 months

Viewing 40 posts - 321 through 360 (of 553 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.